Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
BoNGKDp.png

Someone tell IGN to get the social media intern signed off.

Granted I doubt this represents the entire views of IGN, but seriously, tha fuck guys? I don't wanna be scrolling through my timeline of one of the people I follow and see this orange cheetos face after they liked his post.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Likes are not an endorsement. Many people use them to bookmark stuff.

Twitter's own bookmark feature is an embarrassment.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This feels like an intern thought was using their own account.

severianb

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
I play video games to *escape* the insanity and horror this orange asshole and his enablers are causing.

Deleted member 34714

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017
I don't really care for IGN but I know they have a huge following so it's a shame if they did intended to do this.

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
Giving the benefit of the doubt, I often use the liking feature to bookmark.

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
Seems like an overreaction. I could understand if there were multiple questionable tweets liked by the account but this might be a mistake.

Bish_Bosch

Apr 30, 2018
Yeah I could see this be more of an error in trying to bookmark for coverage of the insane social media EO

BobLablow

Apr 18, 2018
As always, Trump always knows more than anybody else knows, but when you ask him for evidence, he can't produce any receipts.

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'd be surprised if they intentionally liked it, I accidentally hit the like button on twitter posts all the time as Im scrolling through.

Chubnasty

Banned
Sep 26, 2019
Likes are not an endorsement. Many people use them to bookmark stuff.

Twitter's own bookmark feature is an embarrassment.
If only there was a way to.. hmm.. umm.. those paper things you put in books to mark a specific page? Anyways, there has to be a better way to have a recall a post that isn't a like.

dakun

Oct 28, 2017
i think it's safe to say it was a mistake.. IGN didn't seem to have a lot of republicans around after Colin left i thought

Opto

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
yeah could be a mistake. I've had my thumbs like tweets when scrolling. Better social media practice should to not control a corporate account from a phone.

MrBrawl96

Oct 27, 2017
I've used liking something as a bookmark for over ten years. I assure you, the entity that is IGN doesn't like Trump.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see it as the end of the world, but either way there is an intern who is losing their twitter privileges

MykonosFan

Oct 25, 2017
Could be a wrong account, could be to find it later, could have made them laugh at how absurd of a person he is and give a spite like. Not ready to grab a pitchfork over something as small as this.

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
I still use like as a bookmarking feature, like it was originally intended when it was called favouriting.

Also, I'm this case, it's true that mail in votes are more susceptible to fraud. A broken clock is right twice a day.

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I'm gonna assume this is nothing until there's reason to assume otherwise -- everyone I've interacted with, read, or listened to from IGN leans left (like a sane human being in 2020).

JoRu

Oct 25, 2017
There are about a thousand possible explanations for this, and none of them are "IGN approves of Trump".

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Very easy to misclick a like/upvote scrolling through Twitter and Reddit.

Though I remember once giving JK Rowling the same benefit of the doubt when she liked a TERF post and we know how that turned out.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I still use like as a bookmarking feature, like it was originally intended when it was called favouriting.

Also, I'm this case, it's true that mail in votes are more susceptible to fraud. A broken clock is right twice a day.
It's funny, Twitter has a dedicated bookmark feature but the UI/UX is so awful compared to likes, so no uses it.

Xadra

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2018
Definitely looks like a misclick because it doesn't align with what normally IGN likes.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Can't count the number of times I've accidently clicked like on a tweet while scrolling; this is probably that.