Cooking

Oct 27, 2017
Why would you link to that barstool shit head instead of Laura wagners own tweet? Pretty disrespectful tbh

Browser

Apr 13, 2019
This is awesome. Lets see how long it takes them to rebuild and to get it to the point revenuewise it was until today, as their main assets left today

Chris McQueen

Self-requested ban
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
London
tenor.gif

Akileese

Oct 25, 2017
G/O Comments On Resignations

I would like to point out that these vampires first response to mass resignations was to turn off the fucking comments. So that leaves pretty much no one but Drew, David, and some of their wrestling/soccer writers. Fuck this sucks so much.

Deadspin was a profitable site that made good cash from ads. But these VC idiots come in with their playbook, that literally does not work, and managed to crater the site in six months.

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't Deadspin have a union and an agreement to control their own editorial? Can't they challenge it and/or strike?

Why is everyone quitting?

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't Deadspin have a union and an agreement to control their own editorial? Can't they challenge it and/or strike?

id imagine because this sends a vastly bigger message. also, this was motivated by the firing of a longtime editor of the site.

SealedSeven

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
So when is 'SpinOff' going to be made? Gonna miss the stuff these writers produced

Akileese

Oct 25, 2017
G/O's CEO is the biggest brained fuck in the world. What an incredible way in improving profit margins.

They're all like this. It's not even about profitability. Deadspin was a profitable site that got all the demos that advertisers lust for. They made money and plenty of it. I had a feeling this was coming when the auto play video ads started showing up a few weeks back but god damn I didn't expect the forest to burn down so quick.

They do indeed. They've been fighting G/O for six months now since they took over. G/O's first mandate was a handbook that said they couldn't use encrypted messaging/email and a bunch of editorial control shit that flew in the face of their union. My guess is the staff just got sick and tired of fighting this shit and Barry getting sacked was the last straw.

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
Deadspin is a sports site right? The same site that outed a GM, dox people they dont like, makes up sex rumors of ESPN personnel as news, and post nudes of people who have them leaked to them, right?

A sports site is told to stick to sports, and they all quit? I don't understand why some of y'all are on their side? They try to be TMZ and they arent.

Jason Schrier is great, but he doesn't work for Deadspin. He works for 1 of the 20 sister sites that all keep failing and being repurchased and sold off over and over.

grassblade

Oct 27, 2017
Deadspin is the only sports site I follow. Hopefully the editors can start a new site or land on their feet.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
good. journalism is a very hard and noble pursuit. i'll always have respect for those journos that don't compromise their integrity and ethics

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Deadspin is a sports site right? The same site that outed a GM, dox people they dont like, makes up sex rumors of ESPN personnel as news, and post nudes of people who have them leaked to them, right?

A sports site is told to stick to sports, and they all quit? I don't understand why some of y'all are on their side? They try to be TMZ and they arent.

Jason Schrier is great, but he doesn't work for Deadspin. He works for 1 of the 20 sister sites that all keep failing and being repurchased and sold off over and over.
Yep that's what Deadspin turned into over the last couple of years.

Akileese

Oct 25, 2017

All of that was done when AJ Daulerio ran the site and were owned by Gawker, which they haven't been for three years now.