VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
This makes me kind of sad. It's a good time to introduce the Thunderbolts. Cool angle that the MCU hasn't really done before…

But William hurt is gone. He was such a good god damn choice for Ross. It's just very unlucky and shitty. RIP

y2kyle89

Mar 16, 2018
Mass
Oh yeah! Ghost was in Ant-man and the Wasp! She's still alive (I thought her powers were gone but it was tech nonsense so eh)

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit is that what Julia Louise Dreyfuss's character has been going around doing? Sweet.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Imagine
latest
Jeff Parker had the last truly great Thunderbolts run

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
I kinda doubt they'd use him even if they absolutely did have the rights but I kind of wonder how the rights to Mach I-X work, considering he's originally a Spider-Man villain.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
Take a look at this Wiki list of Thunderbolts characters. That's a crapload of Marvel characters they can introduce and use in a variety of ways. The MCU could continue to roll on and do it through the Thunderbolts. There is so much Marvel that hasn't seen the light of day yet in the MCU.

List of Thunderbolts members

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
You know, Deadline has Bucky as a potential member, but it would be much better if they go after Bucky. Just throwing that out there.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I kinda doubt they'd use him even if they absolutely did have the rights but I kind of wonder how the rights to Mach I-X work, considering he's originally a Spider-Man villain.
The entire Sony/Marvel contract (from 2011, at least) is actually floating around on Wikileaks if you ever want to know what it covers.

"Beetle/Abner Jenkins" is listed as a character under Sony purview, but there's no specific mention of the "Mach Whatever" identity. They could probably try to put a different character in the suit, but I assume their lawyers would advise them against it to be on the safe side.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
The entire Sony/Marvel contract (from 2011, at least) is actually floating around on Wikileaks if you ever want to know what it covers.

"Beetle/Abner Jenkins" is listed as a character under Sony purview, but there's no specific mention of the "Mach Whatever" identity. They could probably try to put a different character in the suit, but I assume their lawyers would advise them against it to be on the safe side.
Yeah that sounds like how I figured.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
It's a real shame we won't see whatever they had planned for Thunderbolt Ross. They've been teasing it for years, ever since his red and black tie in Civil War
latest

You know, Deadline has Bucky as a potential member, but it would be much better if they go after Bucky. Just throwing that out there.
That would be incredibly shitty after they spent like three movies and FatWS redeeming him for what he'd done and allowing him to get past stuff.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's a real shame we won't see whatever they had planned for Thunderbolt Ross. They've been teasing it for years, ever since his red and black tie in Civil War
latest

I could see them still saying that the genesis of the Thunderbolts was his idea. Maybe have a character that was a colleague, or a family member carrying on that legacy, etc.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Yes! Finally. I've waited so long for this.

I just hope they take inspiration from the original run, or the Ellis run. I don't want the lame ass Yelena, US Agent, Abomination, Taskmaster etc etc line-up that people have been theorizing.

Nova
Thunderbolts

Young Avengers
Runaways
X-23
White Tiger
Araña
Young X-Men/X-Men: Academy
Faiza Hussein/Captain Britain and the MI13/Excalibur
Agent Venom

Two down

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
My prediction for roster:

US Agent
Yelena Belova
Ghost
Baron Zemo
Songbird

With Songbird as a newcomer introduced in the film.

And then some disposable loser who dies early on. Like Plantman or Black Ant or something.

Though I really hope to see Moonstone as well.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I could see them still saying that the genesis of the Thunderbolts was his idea. Maybe have a character that was a colleague, or a family member carrying on that legacy, etc.
I'm surprised it's taken them this long to get around to it honestly, I always thought him being so hot on the Sokovia Accords in CW was so he could have direct control over his own team. I thought that would have made sense as a post-credits scene for Civil War.
How would a bunch of bad guys going after him reverse them redeeming him?
Assuming they're a government controlled team, it just doesn't make much sense...

Poyunch

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It'd basically be a redux of his Suicide Squad movie tbh
It would honestly be a lot more tame and people with hot takes would probably compare it to a neutered-version of Suicide Squad.

Makes the most sense to step away from being compared to Gunn's SS stuff since it's done so well with one movie and tv show.

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing a few of "eww, he has only really done music videos" in here and I just want to say that y'all are fucking clowns.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
Assuming they're a government controlled team, it just doesn't make much sense...

What? The government has been after Bucky on multiple occasions. It's perfectly in character. Not to mention this isn't "the government", it's going to be like a Hydra type thing.

Anyway, agree to disagree.

I only brought it up as Bucky is mentioned in the article as a potential team member, and I don't think that makes any sense. Unless he is coerced.

odiin

Oct 27, 2017
There was an idea to bring together a group of terrible people in the hope that we could order them around so that when the time came, we could force them to fight the battles that we didn't feel like.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Yessssss.

I thought they wouldn't greenlight this becuase of Suicide Squad.

Hopefully it takes more from the Warren Ellis Incarnation with more recognizable/bigger villains rather than the original one.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Would be interesting timing for Thunderbolts. Get them to "replace" the Avengers, have them mess around for a few years and have the Young Avengers rise up to stop them.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I would want to see Justin Hammer as their handler but he's in as much deep shit as any of them so I don't know how you would square that away.