• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

amoy

Oct 28, 2017
670897.jpg
df2572916d4e2f33822b36967a3bb51d.jpg

Why does this looks leagues above whatever my memory is feeding me regarding the Arkham games... it looks awesome.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
None of that is supposed to stand up to purportedly the strongest being in the universe: Thanos, as has been repeated ad nauseum in Infinity War. And upping the scale even further than him in a random solo movie? Where does it end? That'll reflect poorly on the big-time 'stakes' of Avengers 3/4, when literally everything in existence was at stake. Not to mention I'll find it incredibly hard to believe the rest of the Guardians who are barely stronger than the likes of, say, Cap, can have any meaningful impact in a conflict with those characters you just mentioned.
Not the strongest being in the universe, but rather wielding the most powerful weapon in the universe. Thanos without the gauntlet isn't going to compare to the super cosmic beings Marvel is definitely introducing because they're planning an Eternals movie and that means Celestials and everything else. They haven't even introduced Captain Marvel yet

Given the rumors of Dark Avengers and them getting X-Men and F4, I don't see them repeating another end of the universe for the next big super-team-up. I think it's more likely they'll do a team vs team event. Black Panther vs Wolverine, stuff like that

Different stakes instead of trying to top half the universe.

Deleted member 17658

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Deleted member 3815

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
None of that is supposed to stand up to purportedly the strongest being in the universe: Thanos, as has been repeated ad nauseum in Infinity War. And upping the scale even further than him in a random solo movie? Where does it end? That'll reflect poorly on the big-time 'stakes' of Avengers 3/4, when literally everything in existence was at stake. Not to mention I'll find it incredibly hard to believe the rest of the Guardians who are barely stronger than the likes of, say, Cap, can have any meaningful impact in a conflict with those characters you just mentioned.

Oh my god who fucking cares about stakes?

The general audience clearly don't care about Thor's creeping power level just as long he's funny and can make them laugh.

Heroin Cat

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
I'm genuinely surprised. I know he was sticking up for Gunn but Gunn hasn't even finished the deal with WB. Although I guess you could say that he's helping Gunn by making himself available for the part.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Why are people suggesting he replace another minority actor in Killer Croc? Especially when the actor himself was fine? There are tons of other potential characters he can play. As if anybody cares about Croc to want him to be in the sequel anyway..

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Why are people suggesting he replace another minority actor in Killer Croc? Especially when the actor himself was fine? There are tons of other potential characters he can play. As if anybody cares about Croc to want him to be in the sequel anyway..
True that croc in squad is fine, just don't make him a stereotype type again.

Batista as Bane would be awesome, or maybe bronze tiger. If the rock wasn't black Adam he could be him.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017

Batista as Bane would be awesome, or maybe bronze tiger. If the rock wasn't black Adam he could be him.
Ya I think everybody in SS was fine. It's the writing that everyone should have a problem with. Is anybody going to care or notice if Croc or Katana have a different personality if it's objectively better? Doubt it. Boomerang was pretty spot on tho. Don't change him.

Mr. Fantastic

Alt-account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018

We gotta respect Croc's minority actor but who gives a fuck that Bane is latino right? Let's give Batista the job.

Y'all think he wears a luchador mask for shits and giggles?

latest

and miss me with the half filipino, spanish colony bla bla shit, that is NOT latino

Half Filipino, I don't know how much close we could get to be honest lol.
^^^

y'all gonna make me lose it i swear to god

how the FUCK is a filipino close to a latino

Playco Armboy

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Not the strongest being in the universe, but rather wielding the most powerful weapon in the universe. Thanos without the gauntlet isn't going to compare to the super cosmic beings Marvel is definitely introducing because they're planning an Eternals movie and that means Celestials and everything else. They haven't even introduced Captain Marvel yet

I'll eat my hat if any of the Eternals and Celestials end up remotely close to Thanos' strength. Thanos is supposed to be the ultimate big bad of the MCU. Feige explicitly said Phase 4 is focusing on smaller, more personal stories as opposed to who's the next to blow up the nearest star cluster, lmao.

Given the rumors of Dark Avengers and them getting X-Men and F4, I don't see them repeating another end of the universe for the next big super-team-up. I think it's more likely they'll do a team vs team event. Black Panther vs Wolverine, stuff like that

Different stakes instead of trying to top half the universe.

Thing is, inserting Thor in any of that is like the eternal question of why Fox Quicksilver exists. The dude can resolve any and all physical conflicts.

For said movies in Phase 4 to last past five minutes, he and Captain Marvel are going to have to straight-up not feature in it or have it be insolvable by pure brute strength (like with Skrulls and shapeshifting).

Oh my god who fucking cares about stakes?

The general audience clearly don't care about Thor's creeping power level just as long he's funny and can make them laugh.

At a certain point, I can't buy generic evil organization #4367 trying to take over Xandar or whathaveyou as a legitimate threat if Thor as a Guardians member can just fly up and obliterate it in less than a minute.

Veritigo

Oct 25, 2017
What a trash article.

No quotes from anyone related to the production or even from Bautista himself. Just a 200 word article describing a tweet responding to another Deadline article.

Deleted member 17658

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

The actor is fine, I agree, the writing was dog shit which is why people are pointing fingers at the actor unfortunately. It's the Halle Berry Catwoman syndrome.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Post up the receipts my g. If it's valid it's valid, otherwise thats some hoe like hit n run shit.

Pratt does like hunting. I'm not sure if he does it anymore but he's talked about it years ago.

Doesn't mean he's a Trump supporter or a "gun nut Republican." The fact that he is openly religious has made a lot of people unnaturally hateful towards him for whatever reason, despite the fact that he receives nothing but love and positive words from every cast he's worked with -- including Dave Bautista, who has made his opinion on politics very clear and would have no problem calling Pratt out.

People need to focus their hate on people who actually deserve it.

Macnair

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Oh man, I really want him to stay in Guardians but him as the new Bane would be awesome.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Go for it Bautista. They will probably kill off Drax anyway cause he dared to go against the HOLY disney

PallasAthens

Alt Account
Banned
Jul 11, 2018
Wait Bane is latino? Thats the biggest news to me. I thought he wore the mask to feed him the venom.

Mr. Fantastic

Alt-account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Wait Bane is latino? Thats the biggest news to me. I thought he wore the mask to feed him the venom.

Mother was Latina, and he was raised in a South American island prison. He called his fucking teddy bear "Osito" (little bear)

latest

The origin of Bane has similarities with another fictional character, Alexandre Dumas' Edmond Dantes. Born to serve the life sentence of his father, Bane's childhood and early adult life are spent behind the walls of Peña Duro, an infamous prison located in Santa Prisca.

During his years in prison, Bane carries a teddy bear he calls Osito (Spanish for "little bear"), whom he considers his only friend. It is revealed that Osito has a hole in his back to hold a knife that Bane uses against anyone who bullies him.

Mr. Fantastic

Alt-account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Oooh thats cool to know actually.

yeah, it's maddening we already got fucked over with Tom Hardy (who is actually closer to Bane as opposed to Batista as canonically Bane's father is British), it pisses me off this is a repeat of the Miles Morales situation where everyone is turning a blind eye to his latino half.

Kasumin

Nov 19, 2017
They'll just find a different dude with his physique and use some cheap deep learning AI to match their faces, and maybe get some else who has a similar voice.

Hot takes like this that just pretend that actors are interchangeable like cheap machine parts without having a tangible effect on the overall movie are the worst hot takes, I swear.

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
What the fuck, Gunn is gonna do Suicide Squad 2

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
We gotta respect Croc's minority actor but who gives a fuck that Bane is latino right? Let's give Batista the job.

Y'all think he wears a luchador mask for shits and giggles?

latest

and miss me with the half filipino, spanish colony bla bla shit, that is NOT latino

^^^

y'all gonna make me lose it i swear to god

how the FUCK is a filipino close to a latino
I'm saying it's a close as we may ever get, he has a good look for Bane.