• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Disappointed but not surprised.

I haven't been a fan of any of the recent DCEI stuff honestly, Shazam, Wonder Woman 1984, Birds of Prey. They've all just been boring forgettable comicbook movies. Justice League Snyder Cut is like the first time in a long time I've actually been excited even though I knew it was probably the last movie in that whole universe.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Wish they had gotten Ridley to write the new Superman reboot instead of Coates. Dude is already at DC and is an Oscar winning screenwriter! Why you'd go to Coates over him is beyond me. Didn't enjoy Coates' Marvel work, and Abrams is a hack, so the creative teams behind this aren't getting me excited even though I'm grateful WB is rebooting instead of going with more of Snyder Superman.

True Prophecy

Oct 28, 2017
I feel so bad for whoever they're going to get to play Black Superman. It's the perfect shitstorm of
1. People immediately disliking the very concept
2. The hardcore Snyder fanbase going nuts at Cavill being dropped
3. The controversy surrounding both Abrams and Coates
4. Yet another Superman reboot
5. The basic DC vs. Marvel toxicity

I'm pretty sure they pitched this as "you let us make Superman black and we'll get you BP numbers" but I don't know if that will actually be how things play out. Least I have Superman & Lois if shit goes sideways.

Also can we get some fucking DC games that aren't Batman or Batman related Ann?

It's going to be interesting.

I don't have much faith in JJ but be generally is good at setting up things.

I have no issue with a Black Superman, the comic version is a great character imo. I really hope that's the inspiration for the character, really don't want just a black Clark Kent personally.

I'm sad that WB dont want to run the DCEU along side solo projects, I don't see how the new batman will connect to a wider DC much like the Joker movie.

I guess I assumed that the next Superman and Batman movie would also be its own thing?

Is Aquaman getting another movie?

Is flash a flashpoint style reset?

I just feel the characters that started with Snyder really could have kept going, the setups in ZS JL had me really wanting more.

Sorry for rambling it's late for me and im just a but let down on what WB are saying... not that I should be surprised.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
It's going to be interesting.

I don't have much faith in JJ but be generally is good at setting up things.

I have no issue with a Black Superman, the comic version is a great character imo. I really hope that's the inspiration for the character, really don't want just a black Clark Kent personally.

I'm sad that WB dont want to run the DCEU along side solo projects, I don't see how the new batman will connect to a wider DC much like the Joker movie.

I guess I assumed that the next Superman and Batman movie would also be its own thing?

Is Aquaman getting another movie?

Is flash a flashpoint style reset?

I just feel the characters that started with Snyder really could have kept going, the setups in ZS JL had me really wanting more.

Sorry for rambling it's late for me and im just a but let down on what WB are saying... not that I should be surprised.
Ann talks about wanting to bring back more connectivity so I guess they're going to try to revive the DCEU. But then how do you do that with Battison & the new Superman? I've never loved Cavill's take but I guess I do feel a bit bad for him that he's just unceremoniously dumped to the side while Affleck gets to come back and do a graceful hand off.

True Prophecy

Oct 28, 2017
Ann talks about wanting to bring back more connectivity so I guess they're going to try to revive the DCEU. But then how do you do that with Battison & the new Superman? I've never loved Cavill's take but I guess I do feel a bit bad for him that he's just unceremoniously dumped to the side while Affleck gets to come back and do a graceful hand off.

The new batman feels grounded in reality in a similar way to Nolans films.

It's hard for me at least to see that along side a character like superman.

Afflecks batman worked for me because he was much more comic style or larger than life like superman.

I don't see how these can be connected unless it's a multiverse.

Soilbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Wish they had gotten Ridley to write the new Superman reboot instead of Coates. Dude is already at DC and is an Oscar winning screenwriter! Why you'd go to Coates over him is beyond me. Didn't enjoy Coates' Marvel work, and Abrams is a hack, so the creative teams behind this aren't getting me excited even though I'm grateful WB is rebooting instead of going with more of Snyder Superman.

That what gets me lil miff about the project. Ridley is a currently writing some Superman stuff at DC and you would've thought WB would put 2 n 2 together

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
That what gets me lil miff about the project. Ridley is a currently writing some Superman stuff at DC and you would've thought WB would put 2 n 2 together
His Other History mini has a lot of great insights into Superman as well, and I enjoyed his Superman Red & Blue chapter. Would be much more excited if he was the scriptwriter, but WB going to WB I guess.

Oct 25, 2017
I feel so bad for whoever they're going to get to play Black Superman. It's the perfect shitstorm of

I'm pretty sure they pitched this as "you let us make Superman black and we'll get you BP numbers" but I don't know if that will actually be how things play out. Least I have Superman & Lois if shit goes sideways.

Number 4 is what I have a problem with. The last thing I want to see is another Superman movie taking place on earth instead of just exploring the DC universe. A different planet with alien creatures and stuff. Something similar to Guardians of the Galaxy that's new and fun. Do we really need to see Superman stopping bank robbers or saving an airplane from crashing a million times?

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Number 4 is what I have a problem with. The last thing I want to see is another Superman movie taking place on earth instead of just exploring the DC universe. A different planet with alien creatures and stuff. Something similar to Guardians of the Galaxy that's new and fun. Do we really need to see Superman stopping bank robbers or saving an airplane from crashing a million times?
Or fighting Lex or Zod again. Either Brainiac or Metallo is the way to go imo.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't Ayer say his cut was done and needs no additional work?

Warner Bros opened the can of worms and now they don't wanna look like complete idiots if his cut was better received.

Actually, WB as a whole has been run by complete idiots since Horn left in 2013.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't Ayer say his cut was done and needs no additional work?

Warner Bros opened the can of worms and now they don't wanna look like complete idiots if his cut was better received.

Actually, WB as a whole has been run by complete idiots since Horn left in 2013.
WB have been doing dumb shit for over 40 years. None of this should have surprised me four years ago.

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
Would be really unfortunate if it did come out and was just as bad. In either case, Release the Ayer Cut is now trending lol

Neo Hartless

Jan 8, 2019

You forget the "Why don't you just make ICON crowd".

But yeah, as a person who likes Cavill, but none of the Superman films he's in, it's kind of a bummer.

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody expecting Snyder to return was straight up living in a fantasy land. WB only did this because they saw it as a good ROI with HBO max. It's time to move on from Snyder.

Also aint nobody trying to get an ayer cut. Keep that locked up.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
You can't put the toothpaste back in the tube. WB better be prepared for years of hashtags

Again, it's about seeing what the actual response is. They had years of hashtags, and now they know the actual viewing numbers behind them.

For us, it remains to be seen what that's looking like. They'll go where the money is.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Ayer Cut is free money if it is indeed completely finished and ready to go. They need content for a streaming platform. It will see the light of day if the hastag continues in the coming weeks/months. Its why I won't rule out Snyder getting to continue his vision on that platform.

The new movies aren't going to be day and date after this year. They're gonna need something. Big genre shows are 10-20 million an episode these days. So it becomes a question of greenlighting a 4th GoT show (which I think they are grossly overestimating the desire for more after shitting the bed so hard with the main show, but that's a different story) or letting Zack make another movie?

OP
OP
Penguin

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I feel the bigger hurdle with Ayer is they've literally moved on with Suicide Squad

There's a new movie in less than 5 months or so. There's not benefit in looking back now

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
I think they'll work with Snyder again.

I don't think it'll be more Justice League. The interview seems to hammer that home a few times, almost passive aggressively.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
With the vaccine rollout coming along the need for content with soon be filled by the sheer number of productions that HBO Max had to stop because of COVID.

The relationship between Snyder and WB seems to be to toxic for me to see them ever working again in any capacity other than producer.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
With the vaccine rollout coming along the need for content with soon be filled by the sheer number of productions that HBO Max had to stop because of COVID.

The relationship between Snyder and WB seems to be to toxic for me to see them ever working again in any capacity other than producer.
I'm sure he'll work with WB again but I doubt it'll be anything DC related.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
I feel the bigger hurdle with Ayer is they've literally moved on with Suicide Squad

There's a new movie in less than 5 months or so. There's not benefit in looking back now
He agrees with you

aesi3eu3zmo61.jpg

lol

Last edited:

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
Frankly, Warners is dumb (shocking) if they don't recognize the boon this has all been. There shouldn't be a JL2 or Ayer's Suicide Squad or anything like that. But there are ways to make everyone happy and it wouldn't be terribly difficult apart from handling egos. It's almost becoming a theme if you get into the Joker production.

re: black Superman. I think 100% it's smart to reboot the character for the big screen. The two questions are: is it Kal-el/Clark Kent? is it the main universe? Last I heard years back, it wasn't the former but was the latter.

It matters because unless the answer is "yes" to both, you can keep Cavill as a supporting character in a Supergirl project or Shazam or even this new Superman. A lot of these decisions can be "and" not "or," if you know what I mean.

re: Zatanna. Definitely an interesting choice to sign on. Given the HBO Max stuff is connected to the DCEU, you wonder how it ties into the JL Dark plans.

also, figure out a better name than JL Dark. Dark Universe might be tainted at this point, too.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Y'all really think studios are gonna hand people over millions of dollars and just move out the way? Y'all seem to think executive interference only ends in bad results.