OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
Wait, so the Joaquin Phoenix joker movie is still happening? This one getting greenlit makes me wonder if they aren't really committed to the whole DCU thing anymore.
Not really expecting much, but surely he knows that fans thought his portrayal was terrible.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
They just toss a coin on these things, huh ?

96455.jpg

Superman

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
日本
Honestly, I'm in the "Suicide Squad Joker was a shitty Joker" boat. There's a shortlist of actors who can play Joker and I think that Jared Leto is one of those actors. He was method acting into the Joker that was written for him. Tattoo Pimp Joker does seem like a douche who would send rats and stuff. If you write a better Joker and change his laugh, I bet you see a better Joker.

VinylCassette64

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
i admire wb/dc's dedication to keep failing upwards

( please can the snyderverse dceu and either focus on standalone films or actually develop a proper 'marvel studios' division with a showrunner who knows what he's doing and let them do their job if you're going to try the cinematic universe angle again )

SmarmySmurf

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
You must really hate yourself then, he was painful to watch in SS, which was itself, a painful movie.

Nah, SS was pretty good and Leto was a better than average Joker. And could you have thought up a more douche-y way to phrase that?

Also, fuck supporting someone like him, but that's just my morals speaking.

There's no expiration date on being an abuser. Goddamn it Jared. Guess I'm skipping this movie.

Pat yourself on the back harder, dude. No one has morals like you. The BEST morals!

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
incredulous.gif

Edit: They should just donate the money to charity so its not a complete loss.

Last edited:

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
But we still ain't got that Batman movie or Man of Steel 2

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Sad when that Gotham Joker like is better than the one on the big screen.

i haven't watched Gotham

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
MoS 2 is about as likely as that Cyborg movie, you know that movie about the character that they are holding casting calls for on the Doom Patrol DC streaming thing.

joaquin phoenix as joker.
I feel bad for Ray, he was one of the bright spots in JL

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
MoS 2 is about as likely as that Cyborg movie, you know that movie about the character that they are holding casting calls for on the Doom Patrol DC streaming thing.

joaquin phoenix as joker.
He gives me a nicholson vibe with the right tone and director it could be interesting

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
If I did a Joker origin movie, I'd have it all tell one story but the details from scene to scene are inconsistent and don't match up. Ultimately ending with Joker on a couch relaying this story to an Arkham doctor.

It'd be a steady ramp up. Things going more and more off the rails as the movie progresses

So even the most complacent viewers realize that something is going on before the reveal

By the end I'd have his design switching between various Joker looks, occasionally have some of them bleed together. Even have two or three scenes with a completely different actor

Deleted member 19218

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't mind the look of the character but Leto's performance felt too extreme for me. The Joker is psychotic so I guess that is what Jared was aiming for but it felt like he went way too over the top.

Therefore, I'm not super keen on this movie but I wonder, with the success of Suicide Squad, it would be cool if DC focused on villains and Marvel focused on heroes. Making them feel totally unique from each other.

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome and executive producing so he can make the movie he wants to make. Was stupid signing on without a script and he looked miserable in the costume testing photos lol

Molto

Oct 27, 2017
Hyped. I'm glad they're trying to continue rather than reboot. Hopefully the film itself is better than SS.

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017
I mean....he was the character I liked second least in that movie, but not everything has to be made for me.

Kahoots

Feb 15, 2018
If I did a Joker origin movie, I'd have it all tell one story but the details from scene to scene are inconsistent and don't match up. Ultimately ending with Joker on a couch relaying this story to an Arkham doctor.

It'd be a steady ramp up. Things going more and more off the rails as the movie progresses

So even the most complacent viewers realize that something is going on before the reveal

By the end I'd have his design switching between various Joker looks, occasionally have some of them bleed together. Even have two or three scenes with a completely different actor
Call it The Usual Jokers?

Bung Hole

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Auckland, New Zealand
Don't tell me that isn't what they are trying to do.
I have no idea what they're trying to do. Best you speak to one of the WB board members execs to find out but labelling everything DC does as 'Ha trying to be like Marvel' is a little tiresome.
There can be no real discussion has in DC forums regarding any new announcements or rumours, instead it's constant negative posts regarding movies that have not even have a cast or director attached. Why does everything upcoming have to be shat on and compared to Marvel?

Deleted member 13037

wish I bought Hot Topic stock before this was announced