• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

[Sigma]

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Didn't think Fenritti would win but he persevere. It was kind of sad seeing him this this position at this point considering how consistent he was throughout the tour. Also still sad about the Nakkiel drop. Crazy tournament, high stress on the players and me watching(tho it was fun to watch).lol

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So no additional NA player qualified in the LCQs and Fox and HGG are the only Americans left. LOfuckingL

Oct 25, 2017
canada
gotta say, I feel the LCQs kinda peaked with LCQ1 top 8

Tachikawa, Fenritti, and Alioune were the big standouts today imo as far as viewing experience goes.

[Sigma]

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Alioune had his moments in the first tournament, kinda it tho. BNBBN won the day to me with his play and consistently good.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Some of the balance changes that are coming (mentioned mid stream yesterday)

• No drastic changes, some adjustments players have been asking for.
  • Ultimate Z-Change (DHC) mechanic is changing.
  • Chaining combos and supers together are going to be changed slightly.
  • Changes to the battle tempo, games are taking a bit too long.
  • Adjustments to allow for better comeback possibilities. Looking at Ki Gage (meter) recovery and changes to sparking in order to improve comeback possibilities.
  • Not necessarily any character balancing coming with the patch.
  • Possibility of single character patches coming in the future.
From Reddit.

Narco

Oct 27, 2017
Top 8 is going to be long because:

1) All players are obviously starting in Winners Side, so there are 4 more matches than your usual Top 8 with 4 in Winners and 4 in Losers.

2) All matches will be played in BO5 format. You need to win 3 matches to take a set. Usually, only Winners Final, Losers Final and Grand Finals are BO5. The other matches are usually BO3 (first to 2).

3) There will be some announcements between some matches (like just before the grand finals).

OP
OP
LightBang

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
Two of the LCQ spots are surprises for me: Kindevu and BNBBN. The latter only has a result that I remember and that's a top 17 at Saga Japan. The first never showed a level close to a bunch of players who were in this.

Fenritti I expected, in my opinion he's the 4th best player in the World, better than Hook. Unfortunately for him, he's only human compared to the 3 Gods of this game.

Dogura was constantly in top 4 in the first few months after the game released but then dropped a bit, that said he was always one of the best.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Top 8 is going to be long because:

1) All players are obviously starting in Winners Side, so there are 4 more matches than your usual Top 8 with 4 in Winners and 4 in Losers.

2) All matches will be played in BO5 format. You need to win 3 matches to take a set. Usually, only Winners Final, Losers Final and Grand Finals are BO5. The other matches are usually BO3 (first to 2).

3) There will be some announcements between some matches (like just before the grand finals).
Eight hours GF.

Goddayum.

Narco

Oct 27, 2017
Two of the LCQ spots are surprises for me: Kindevu and BNBBN. The latter only has a result that I remember and that's a top 17 at Saga Japan. The first never showed a level close to a bunch of players who were in this.

Dogura was constantly in top 4 in the first few months after the game released but then dropped a bit, that said he was always one of the best.

BNBBN is an excellent Japanese player who just doesn't travel abroad. I was in Tokyo during Saga Event 6 and saw him destroy ApologyMan. Yesterday, he really showed he is one of the most solid players in the world.

And Dogura has been quite consistent during the full year, not just during the first few months. If you only count big international majors, he finished 4th at TWFighter in august, 2nd at SoCal Regionals in september, 3rd at SEAM and 4th at Canada Cup in october. He didn't get into Top 8 for Saga Event 7 for the good reason he wasn't at the tourney but prioritized the LCQ of SFV at Capcom Cup instead (which happened to be during the same week-end. Moke did the same. Kazunoko didn't).

Sad fact: there are 6 Bardock in the Top 8 (SonicFox, GO1, HookGangGod, BNBBN, Kindevu, Fenritti).

JeTmAn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Even with the changes, I'm not sure how this tournament is expected to go eight hours with only eight contestants.

Oct 26, 2017
Some of the balance changes that are coming (mentioned mid stream yesterday)

• No drastic changes, some adjustments players have been asking for.
  • Ultimate Z-Change (DHC) mechanic is changing.
  • Chaining combos and supers together are going to be changed slightly.
  • Changes to the battle tempo, games are taking a bit too long.
  • Adjustments to allow for better comeback possibilities. Looking at Ki Gage (meter) recovery and changes to sparking in order to improve comeback possibilities.
  • Not necessarily any character balancing coming with the patch.
  • Possibility of single character patches coming in the future.
From Reddit.

If that's really all, then I don't know if that'll be enough for me to return to the game. I need more assists, and a true Potemkin-style character in this game...the latter of which probably won't happen, due to the mechanics.