• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Predict Days Gone's Metacritic score

• 59 or lower

Votes: 12 1.3%
  • 60-69

Votes: 18 1.9%
  • 70-79

Votes: 358 37.6%
  • 80-89

Votes: 549 57.7%
  • who needs TLoU anyway? (90 or higher)

Votes: 13 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
The critical reception gives me Mad Max vibes, in that it's generally lukewarm but hints that there are worthwhile aspects. I ended up enjoying Mad Max.
Sounds like a game I might give a shot after a price drop. By then they might've addressed the technical issues too.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
I was confused as soon as they revealed this game. It just seemed so out of touch.

I agree that something should be done about raw marketing materials being posted. It should go into its own thread. For a while it seemed like Sony was paying for advertising on the front page. Almost all of these threads are filled with pointless posts like "looks good". There just isn't much discussion to be had.

Klaw

Nov 16, 2017
France
Well, reviews are sure worse than I expected.
And negatives are not exactly what I thought they would be.

I won't lie by saying I was going to buy the game, but I was kinda waiting for a good surprise... and it's not.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Went ahead and cancelled my Best Buy preorder. After reading these reviews and watching a few video reviews, this looks like something I would much rather check out at $20 as opposed to $60. I have MK11 and The Division 2 that'll keep me busy until Rage 2 drops. I'll check this out maybe during the holidays when it goes on-sale for cheap.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
lol.... can't believe some are calling a 7\10 game a "bad" game.... like seriously XD !?
It isn't a bad game. But you saw how the previews Days Gone threads went. This was expected.

HDR is amazing in Days Gone, as I can hear :)
Keep on going Console warrior. We have few of you.
Your first post in a Days Gone thread. You're welcome.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
lol.... can't believe some are calling a 7\10 game a "bad" game.... like seriously XD !?
The market decides, and 7/10 games usually end up not selling very well, or at least have poor legs. There are a LOT of games out there you can choose from, and a lot of them are open world games. It's not that 7/10 is bad, it's that it's not good enough for a lot of people to shell out $60 (a lot of money to most)

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
I don't understand why some people are just dead set on liking the game no matter what. To the point that they can't allow a single word against the game to go unchallenged. And are basically carrying water for Sony's marketing department at this point.

It just baffles me.

mescalineeyes

Banned
May 12, 2018
Vienna
I didn't think people cared about this game enough to get extremely mad online about it.
Like it always seemed like a fine 7-8/10 game but nothing worth getting worked up about.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
For gaming review standars, 7/10 means that the game has some serious flaws although most of it can do its work.

holy shit how untrue this is.
I've played 7 games that are fucking amazing and do more than "just work".
what is this "gaming standard" lmao

I didn't think people cared about this game enough to get extremely mad online about it.
Like it always seemed like a fine 7-8/10 game but nothing worth getting worked up about.

blows my mind how stupid people get in these review threads

hyperbole everywhere.

72 mc is a "bad" game now? Lol

agree

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Can't say i'm surprised. Always looked fairly average and I was kinda surprised to see so many relatively high score predictions when I looked at the early pages. Judging by some of the reviews, a lot of it doesn't really seem to be stuff that can be fixed by a patch or two either (unlike other similar scoring games). Klepek's review in particular is just scathing.

Hopefully Bend get another shot. Let them have a go at Syphon Filter again, Sony.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
sounds aight. just another game in the 2010s open world/far cry-ish mold, and that's okay

i'll get around to it someday i guess

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
That's a lot lower then i was expecting. Thought it was gonna be a mid 8. Awell still looks fun.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
The embargo is up in a short while. While we wait, feel free to make your final metascore predictions. Rolling with a solid 86 myself, and I may or may not have a bet riding on this.
501807855838691333.png
Things are looking bad for our plucky hero!

Blizzcut

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
I don't understand why some people are just dead set on liking the game no matter what. To the point that they can't allow a single word against the game to go unchallenged. And are basically carrying water for Sony's marketing department.

Yeah I'm in the same camp here as well, hell or high-water they'll make excuses as to why the game is reviewing poorly, blame everything under the sun but the fact the game is matter of factly generic and not compelling in the slightest. Defiantly to the end, same with the pro Anthem crowd...which to be fair I think they are the absolute worst compared to what I've seen with this game.

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
I'd argue this is closer to a Quantum Break, Kirby Star Allies, Sea of Thieves, Fire Emblem Warriors etc. Games like Crackdown 3, The Order 1886, State of Decay 2, Ryse etc all have notably lower meta's.
That's fair. I think the comparison could also be made referring to the long dev times, frequent delays, and common critiques levied against it relying on "dated" game mechanics.

dbcyber

Oct 25, 2017
UK
70s is a... good score but honestly after 6 years and pedigree of Sony it's a big let down. I saw this coming a mile away. You can't just make a game this generic, this by the numbers and expect scores in the 80s anymore. It didn't work in 2014 when The Order did and it certain won't work now. Even Ubisoft has moved away from this sort of game design, come on its not 2009 anymore.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
After watching gameplay vids I expected the game wasn't going to be great, but I wasn't expecting this. lol

Now I don't even think this is a pickup for me when it's heavily discounted.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
Exactly where I thought it would land! Everything about this game screamed mediocre since day 1. I'm bummed since that's 2 primarily handheld studios that were set to be big first party studios for Sony that didn't quite make the leap (bend and RAD)

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
You're talking about the studio heads that decided to greenlight Knack 2, right.

Hey, back off of Knack 2. That's a fun game, I'll defend it with my hands lol

Days Gone could have been a game with the same exact concept about people surviving an Alien World with ravenous alien horde creatures. Would have reviewed a few points higher, it's obvious the setting drags it down

EssCee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You cannot be serious with this?
I was harassed and warned for trying to temper expectations and adding logic/reason to Days Gone threads as to why I felt like it'd be a mixed bag and had all the signs of being a game with a troubled development cycle

He has a point. At the end of the day though, this game will sell well - it's reviewed worse than I expected but still doesn't seem "terrible" and will offer enjoyment to those who buy it and treat it as it is

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (5 Days): Personal attacks against other members, modwhining, previous infractions
But all the loudninja threads...... Bundy's excitement.... where did all go so wrong..
Kinda bullshit that you got a warning for this post.

You can't call out people essentially doing free astroturfing and PR? Really? After all the thread and the post and the deflections? And not just with this game either.

I don't get why that's ok because in all those PR hype threads LoudNinja posted any negative discussion was frowned upon for no reasons and the mods gave no warnings.

🚮

Easy Rider

Nov 2, 2017
If 1.03 really solves most technical issues then it was a huge fuck up to have this version late for reviewers. Assuming the game got knocked down even only half point for this it could have painted a very different story.