• 80-89

Votes: 549 57.7%
  • who needs TLoU anyway? (90 or higher)

Votes: 13 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KiDdYoNe

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I was expecting 75+. Guess I'll stick with everything I have for now but will pick up later anyways.

Oct 27, 2017
Regarding the slaves thing:

Deacon sold people off to a "work camp" off-screen before the game started. Most characters who knew him from before give him shit for it. During the course of the game, he brings one more person to said camp, but that person ends up escaping and getting captured. Deacon then rescues said person and brings them to a different camp.
I see.

That makes it a bit better. Though I am still feeling iffy about it.

Umbrella Carp

Banned
Jan 16, 2019
This games big hook from the start was the swarm of numerous zombies coming at you and the whole "oh wow look at this processor melting shit how are they pulling that off!?".

Well yeah, fine, but that sort of screams "power of the cloud" guff to me. You're gonna need a bit more than that to sell a zombie survival game in 2019.

Nightwing123

Oct 27, 2017
Regarding the slaves thing:

Deacon sold people off to a "work camp" off-screen before the game started. Most characters who knew him from before give him shit for it. During the course of the game, he brings one more person to said camp, but that person ends up escaping and getting captured. Deacon then rescues said person and brings them to a different camp.

Deacon definitely does some shit that goes unpunished, and the game spends a lot of time trying to teach him lessons only to prove that he was right from the get-go; but it makes it abundantly clear that the slave shit was straight-up bad.
God Deacon is even worse than I originally thought for even doing that in the first place.

Mugen X

Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
Something always looked off to me about this game, these reviews kinda just cement my decision to pass on this one. I hope those that play it enjoy it though.

Deleted member 19767

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hmm. This is disappointing.
I've preordered the collectors edition, so I hope I enjoy it more than the reviews indicate.

Between Just Cause 4, Crackdown, Anthem and now Days Gone - the last ~6 months have been a struggle for open world titles. Repetitive and/or boring mission design - combined with bog standard gameplay mechanics.
Devs need to be looking to games like BOTW and Horizon - find an interesting angle and/or strong gameplay mechanics. Don't just make another collectathon, fetch quest title with basic mechanics. It's just not cutting it anymore.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That's not surprising. This game doesn't have anything for me, but I hope it sells good to see better projects without zombies from Bend.

Mr.Vic20

Oct 31, 2017
I can accept these middle of the road reviews and still purchase the game. I expected that it might not be a master stroke of design and narrative, but I'm in for the ride all the same!

KamenRiderEra

Oct 25, 2017
Small studios should not venture in open world...... People will always compare it to a Rockstar, Ubi output.... It's almost impossible to produce content and not be repetitive. Syphon Filter would have been more interesting.

Moz La Punk

Journalist at Gamer.nl & Power Unlimited
Verified
May 15, 2018
The Netherlands
So I've been playing the game for the past couple of weeks and my review went up at Gamer.nl (its in Dutch though).

I'll translate the conclusion and the pro's and cons.

Gave the game an 8 out of 10.

"Days Gone is a mix between different open world and zombie games. There's a lack of variation in gameplay, but the strong acting, the joy of driving around on the motorcycle and the light survival elements offer an experience you want to experience through the end."

Pros: Survival aspect and the motorcycle, acting and story are high points, fantastic realised open world.
Cons: Gameplay starts to drag in missions, there are some bugs, a lack of unique identity.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm. This is disappointing.
I've preordered the collectors edition, so I hope I enjoy it more than the reviews indicate.

Between Just Cause 4, Crackdown, Anthem and now Days Gone - the last ~6 months have been a struggle for open world titles. Repetitive and/or boring mission design - combined with bog standard gameplay mechanics.
Devs need to be looking to games like BOTW and Horizon - find an interesting angle and/or strong gameplay mechanics. Don't just make another collectathon, fetch quest title with basic mechanics. It's just not cutting it anymore.

Division 2 is fine and arguably good.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
I like this type of game, so these scores are totally good enough for me. Too bad it's not another homerun, but they can't all be that.

Kaivan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I voted for low 80s and was considering picking this up later, but this is gonna be a no from me. Lots of other better games to play.

Sounds like it's gonna be the next Sony reject. Epic Games Exclusive within a year.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
Game should have been delayed a lil longer, from the streams i watched last night the shit ai and the bike nursing seems to kill the experience. Looks like Sony left Bend out to dry, figured other studios would have helped them out if they were having issues.
Clearly Sony standards with their 1st party are not universal.
Anyway, the game looks good, i cant wait to play it

They could have delayed this game forever, it still would have been bad. It got multiple delays as it was.

Estarossa

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lmao the amount of people in the preview threads shilling like 'can't wait until you all eat crow when the reviews come out'.

Well now.

The diehard fans would basically shut people out from discussing the game's shortcomings in every Days Gone thread and divert the attention towards it's commercial viability, so you have threads gassing the game up to astronomical levels.

Last edited:

Ryu_Ken

Oct 30, 2017
Damn I got it wrong, crow for tea.

I'll wait until this one is £15 will probably only be a couple of months judging by the feedback.

EssCee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sony has next level marketing this year - Days Gone will make TLOU2 look like the magnum opus of entertainment media

Brilliant by Shu

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Quick Sony, release a new TLOU2 trailer showing Joel and the date 10.10.19 at the end of it

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
This average is higher than I was expecting based on the previews. It sucks; I was hopeful for the game, the studio and their vision.

Nerun

Oct 30, 2017
I only played the preview build and like one hour of the final version so far, but I'm still surprised about those scores, especially if you consider than the really bad State of Decay 2 received a higher score than Days Gone from IGN (just as an example). And I really liked State of Decay 1, but 2 was just a really bad on so many levels, so well I'll continue playing Days Gone, but I really think I'll personally like it way more than State of Decay 2...

Also, for me as a surprise, the scores in Germany seem a lot higher (even from the usually super critical 4Players.de...)

Phantom88

Banned
Jan 7, 2018
Game is reviewing far worse than I expected tho

its reviewing better than i thought for now. I predicted in the 60's. Which means the quality is actually lower, cause you dont think they're going all the way, do you? Its still a sony big bucks exclusive, heavily marketed. I take what they say and substract 20 points for actual reality

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like it's a decent enough game, but obviously nowhere near Sony's other big hitters. If the game does well commercially I hope Bend are able to move onto another IP in a smoother transistion compared to how they eventually got to making Days Gone, maybe back to Syphon Filter.

I doubt Days Gone is going to be a multi-game hit franchise like Uncharted or what Horizon is likely to be. Shame, but it's not a bad starting point for the studio.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The diehard fans would basically shut people out from discussing the game's shortcomings in every Days Gone thread and divert the attention towards it's commercial viability, so you have threads gassing the games up to astronomical levels.
Yup, only hype circle jerk allowed. No actual discussion.