• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
z6BQpou_d.jpg

It's weird. I still really wish they'd gone through with 'Dead Don't Ride' the Mad Max style game they were originally designing.

I'm sure it's just a case of them not being able to make things work, or the team not being excited about the project, but it seemed like such a cool premise.

Days Gone might be fantastic, but I just can't get excited about zombies anymore.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

This wasn't actually at the E3 conference though, instead it was via their stage demo post show. The same video series for stage demos has Control at 170k views, Shadow of Tomb Raider at 230k, Dreams at 150k, Just Cause 4 at 250k, Anthem at 150k views and Call of Duty Black Ops 4 at 310k. In fact, I think Days Gone's post conference stage demo might have more views than any other stage demo game from that series.

Jaxar

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I've been keen on this game since it was first announced but I'm just not feeling it with that box art. It gives me a 'cheap production PS2' game vibe.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
This wasn't actually at the E3 conference though, instead it was via their stage demo post show. The same video series for stage demos has Control at 170k views, Shadow of Tomb Raider at 230k, Dreams at 150k, Just Cause 4 at 250k, Anthem at 150k views and Call of Duty Black Ops 4 at 310k. In fact, I think Days Gone's post conference stage demo might have more views than any other stage demo game from that series.
Also, someone else was faster with the upload. This has https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYYvkEblIj4 over 3M views. But I guess it's a case of resetera being in a bubble and all.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
So we're talking Days Gone social metrics?

- The top 10 most watched Days Gone trailer on YouTube are over 2mil views, with the original reveal gameplay having 10mil views.
- A majority of Days Gone trailers are not only >10 minutes long ( disqualifies it as being ad-run ), they are also from non-PlayStation channels, which don't run them as ads for obvious reasons.
- Days Gone's views/like ratio are around 1%, which - while does not reach levels of Zelda/TLOU/etc in terms of interest, are on par with most AAA games and higher than ad-runs.
- In the 6 months ( so rather recent ) - the top 10 Days Gone trailers do over 500k, with the top two at 3.3 mil views and they're all long gameplay demos.

A lot of people are demonstrating a high level of interest for Days Gone at a very consistent level that over the past 2.5 years since its original reveal. The original trailer garnered high interest that surpassed Horizon's gameplay debut views, and subsequent reveals across different channels has shown that people remained interested at very high numbers, looking at GameInformer and other gameplay hosted views.

Deleted member 8408

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think the boxart looks pretty awful.

But then I don't play boxarts so hopefully the game has had a lot of polish since we last saw it, if not then I'm out.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

- The top 10 most watched Days Gone trailer on YouTube are over 2mil views, with the original reveal gameplay having 10mil views.
- A majority of Days Gone trailers are not only >10 minutes long ( disqualifies it as being ad-run ), they are also from non-PlayStation channels, which don't run them as ads for obvious reasons.
- Days Gone's views/like ratio are around 1%, which - while does not reach levels of Zelda/TLOU/etc in terms of interest, are on par with most AAA games and higher than ad-runs.
- In the 6 months ( so rather recent ) - the top 10 Days Gone trailers do over 500k, with the top two at 3.3 mil views and they're all long gameplay demos.

A lot of people are demonstrating a high level of interest for Days Gone at a very consistent level that over the past 2.5 years since its original reveal. The original trailer garnered high interest that surpassed Horizon's gameplay debut views, and subsequent reveals across different channels has shown that people remained interested at very high numbers, looking at GameInformer and other gameplay hosted views.

In other words it's tracking really well. Count me as one of those in some sort of forum bubble, because truth be told I didn't forsee this having nearly the amount of pre-release interest it has had. Then again, I have no idea if or how any of that will translate to sales. I guess a small part of the success will also be down to how well it is received critically.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
That's an amazing cover! I usually don't care about covers but I love this one.

bombshell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denmark

The hype is not real /s

Thanks for bringing some facts to the table instead of the selective video that was brought up in this thread in an effort to downplay its metrics.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
ooohh that looks good.

way better than standing with back turned to you etc etc

For some reason I was totally expecting it to be like that so I'm pleasantly surprised.
Still not sold on the game but I'll probably still get it once it's out.

Wayfaerer

Oct 26, 2017
z6BQpou_d.jpg

It's weird. I still really wish they'd gone through with 'Dead Don't Ride' the Mad Max style game they were originally designing.

I'm sure it's just a case of them not being able to make things work, or the team not being excited about the project, but it seemed like such a cool premise.

Days Gone might be fantastic, but I just can't get excited about zombies anymore.

I don't think there is any evidence that points to this being from Bend. Dead Don't Ride is Days Gone, and it was a zombie game, as teased by Shinobi back in 2016 and there were rumors as far back as 2014.

MadMod

Dec 4, 2017
Really like that! Hyped for this game! No matter how hard Era tries to dehype me, due to it including zombies. My zombie fatigue has long gone haha.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't like it. The horde idea that they've stuck to is really wearing off as far as being one of the main selling points of the game.

Cool motorbike though.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
I personally would have preferred a cover where he's actively escaping the horde on his bike, I think that would have been more striking but this isn't too bad.

dobahking91

Oct 26, 2017

Thank you

OP
OP
DriftingSpirit
Oct 25, 2017

Oh, this will very easily be another "Era got it wrong" example. I'm not all that interested in the game but I can see that coming miles away.

SweetSark

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Look good with the exception the god awful bland face of the protagonist.
Why is he sitting next to his bike doing nothing, looking at us?
Do something exciting or whatever to show how serious is the situation!
Heck, even if the Protagonist was not looking the "camera", would be better.

Opa-Opa

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 16, 2018
Hordes of zombies, but can't forget to look sexy to the camera.

Makes it a bit ridiculous.