• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
It's a good game with a handful of pretty memorable moments. One of the most beautiful open worlds of the generation.

The biggest disappointment is that hordes aren't utilized properly. They're way too easy to avoid, and aren't integrated into the main game very much.

I would probably give it about an 8/10

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Does this game have a NG+ option? Would love to play it again, but with everything already unlocked.

Oct 28, 2017
I was completely turned off by the character design and it looking like another generic zombie game. But I've heard it compared to the Mad Max game from 2015 which I absolutely loved. Would y'all recommend this to someone who loved Mad Max? I got burned by Rage 2 because of the Mad Max pedigree

jrizzle

Jan 24, 2018
I was completely turned off by the character design and it looking like another generic zombie game. But I've heard it compared to the Mad Max game from 2015 which I absolutely loved. Would y'all recommend this to someone who loved Mad Max? I got burned by Rage 2 because of the Mad Max pedigree
So far in my playthrough that's the closest comparison. Loved mad Max and enjoying this so far.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Sort of. Except zombies obviously, a slower pace and it's post apocalyptic modern Oregon.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Really wish this were a multiplatform game published by Ubisoft or Activision so people didn't feel the need to constantly try to validate their love for a 5 out of 10 game.
I couldn't give a shit about who makes it. Why even go that route? You seriously can't accept a lot people like a game you don't? And lol 5/10. If you mean by current scoring grades, 5/10 would be an outright broken garbage game with no merrits.

Oct 27, 2017
One of the best games this gen even if it's has glaring flaws. Great characters that are generic and outright unlike able at first but they actually grow. The hordes were fun, even if the game was a little longer than it needed to be. Games story felt like 2-3 games worth imo. Can't wait to see what they can do with a sequel and PS5's 10TF+, CPU and SSD.

Kind of side eying to say that he looks like a racist because he has tattoos.
Tatoos? That entire biker culture is associated with racism, are you serious lmao? You ever had to leave basketball practice in highschool at like 9pm and have the bus stop right next to a motorcycle club while being black? Not fun. Ever met a hells angel in Oakland? Certainly not fun :lol. Y'all have to be trolling me.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Don't mean to sound like a shithead but I still don't know how Sony greenlit this

I put off playing this for a long time because of all the negativity, but finally got around to playing through it about a month ago.

By the time the credits rolled, it landed as one of my favorite open world games this gen, and ahead of more popular picks like HZD.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly think Deacon is a great character and has an amazing arc. His transition from angry, cynical and even out right depressed loner who was only in it for himself and Boozer no matter how ugly things got to a leader who actually gave a shit about not just his immediate loyalties but people in general was incredibly well depicted. He's not a likable character at the start but few of the characters are and for good reason with a world where nearly everything is trying to kill you and you see a man on the edge who has been that way for years barely getting by even if he's good at what he does. You actually see him struggle with whether he just wants to say fuck it and bail on everyone around him or just take the easy way out in situation and this happens a lot.

He doesn't make a clear simple transition to being a good guy and a leader. It takes a lot of interactions with a wide variety of people who all start to change him and bring out that human side of him he'd buried so deep yet he still ends up fucking up several times in the process because of who he was at the beginning of the game. It takes a long roller coaster ride for him to get there but god damned if it isn't well earned. I think a big part of it was Sam Witwer as much as the writing as he did a phonemically job selling this broken man who clung to his best friend and dead wife becoming a decent caring person again.

I just got the Platinum trophy for DG yesterday, so I can't act like it doesn't have redeeming qualities. But it's hard to imagine being convinced I should spend time on a sequel. I found the game pretty tedious. Tons of missions where you instantly fail on being spotted. Felt incapable of winning firefights because the guns in the first half of the game are ridiculously weak and I could never get used to the aim- the first game I didn't feel in control with the gun up. The writing doesn't make you care about much any character, and even detracted from the world building that the rest of the game attempted. The economies of the game were clunky with separate funds for every camp. The fact that you couldn't get rep level 3 with anyone without a crazy amount of grinding (before the endgame, when you can find and take down hordes) was frustrating. Mission after mission after mission... only to sit on the same availability of bike parts and arsenal that aren't cutting it.

The game seemed to sell well enough and has enough fans that I dont think they'll be putting a lot of effort into changing the aspects of the game I would need them to, so I believe I'll just have to read up on where that bizarre 'secret ending' twist goes.

Did you go into the options menu? Days Gone has more options for your aim than a lot of FPS games. You can alter your stick dead zone, acceleration and even use gyro aiming if you want. I honestly wish more games gave you this kind of control over things.

OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Some of the stuff they added

DAYS GONE ACCESSIBILITY OPTIONS
Motion Sensor Function Aiming

This feature allows the player to make fine adjustments to aiming by rotating the PlayStation 4 Dualshock 4 controller. It is set to '0' by default (off), but when set to values from '1' to '10', the sensitivity of the Motion Sensor Function Aiming can be adjusted.

Auto-complete QTE (Easy Mode Only)

Turning this feature on inside the Accessibility Options Menu will now automatically complete all the in-game Grapple Button events without the need to press any buttons. Note this feature is accessible in Easy Mode Only.

Controller Dead Zone

Located in the Gameplay Options Menu, we have added the ability to adjust the Dead Zone for your controller. There are 4 adjustments (small, medium, default and large) that allow players to fine tune the stick movement to their liking, even fixing some extreme issues caused by some seasoned controllers.

Zampano

The Fallen
Dec 3, 2017
I reinstalled it today thanks to this thread, played for an hour or two. I'd played for maybe 8 hours when it came down before putting it down.

I think it's still pretty much Sony Open World Games: The Video Game. It's just so unremarkable and asks for so much of your time.

It is very pretty though, and definitely less hitchy than when I first played it. I think if I hadn't played so many of these games I'd be more into it - it's not bad at all, just very by the numbers.

Jean Valjean

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
They could've got a little more diverse in casting the lead... I think it would appeal to me more than white biker dude.

metalgear89

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Luring hordes into camps is the most the fun i've had in a long time, i hope they continute improving those AI interactions. One of a few games that made me continue playing after the credits, the gameplay loops is fun and never really got bored of it.

Matty H

Oct 31, 2017
I think I got 2 hours in and stopped. Maybe I'll pick it up again one day but it just felt really derivative of a bunch of other games mechanically and thematically. The only unique thing being the hordes and I don't know how much longer I'd have to play to experience them. Just a complete disappointment after an interesting reveal.

Shoshi

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Currently playing it for the first time, over 20 patches later and on PS4 Pro.It's good but storywise it just throws you into a world with not much explanation.
Once you clear some zombie nests the horror level gets lower. Zombies are not that scarry but more funny compared to other zombie-games etc.
Gameplay is very similar to Mad Max.The driving in Mad Max was quite nice on PC in 60fps so looking forward to any PS5-patch.

Last edited:

Jords

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2018
New Zealand
Currently 2 trophies away from a Plat, dragging a little need 40 more collectibles.

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
How does the game run now on a base PS4? I read it had some performance issues, and thats why i still havent picked it up yet, but the game got alot of post launch support so did they ever improved the performance on basa PS4?

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
I couldn't give a shit about who makes it. Why even go that route? You seriously can't accept a lot people like a game you don't? And lol 5/10. If you mean by current scoring grades, 5/10 would be an outright broken garbage game with no merrits.

Naw, it definitely gets a bump in positive perception because it's an exclusive. That's a real thing, no fanboy shit.

And if you use the whole scale 5-6/10 seems about right. I thought it was one of the blandest games I played in quite some time, and this is coming from someone who really enjoyed Bend's previous work and wanted to see what they could do on the home console front.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Naw, it definitely gets a bump in positive perception because it's an exclusive. That's a real thing, no fanboy shit.

And if you use the whole scale 5-6/10 seems about right. I thought it was one of the blandest games I played in quite some time, and this is coming from someone who really enjoyed Bend's previous work and wanted to see what they could do on the home console front.

It actually took a lot of shit because it was an exclusive and wasn't a ultra polished AAA monster like Sony's other recent titles.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017

That's actually not the case this time. All you see constantly are comments on how it's lesser to all the other exclusives. It specifically gets heat for that reason.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Days Gone is a fine game, it just suffers from too much bloat and the fact that the pacing is just bad at some points in the game. I enjoyed the world, even if some of the story and characters were predictable and the open world activities got a little repetitive.

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
It might be the quarantine getting to me, but I kind of want to pick this back up. It's apparently Days Gone Week(?) and I've been seeing several streams including Sam Witwer.

I put like 25 hours into it when it launched and I eventually got bored with it.

OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017

Not true like at all an it never has been true.

ryseing

Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
It actually took a lot of shit because it was an exclusive and wasn't a ultra polished AAA monster like Sony's other recent titles.
That's actually not the case this time. All you see constantly are comments on how it's lesser to all the other exclusives. It specifically gets heat for that reason.
Not true like at all an it never has been true.

You know what, that is totally fair. I did not mean to shit on your parade.

My opinion on the game stands regardless.

ryseing

Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
You don't have to like it at all. It also doesn't mean that people that do are faking it for sony praise. There are some sony games I don't like or like less.

My thought when making that post was "I've sure seen a ton of posts about how this game is actually underrated, I doubt that would happen if it was a multiplat- sure didn't happen with Mad Max, which is the closest comp to it" when in reality there are just as many or more posts saying what you said, where it gets shit for not being as polished as the other exclusives in the catalog. I apologize- the prevailing opinion does appear to be what you said originally.

Geinrendour

Jun 3, 2018
Sort of bought it and started playing because of this thread. It is surprisingly quite a beautiful game. I'm around 10h in, I feel, and it is good. Far from some great insane game but quite solid. I'm liking it.

Shock32

Oct 27, 2017
quick question. I got the plat on release on normal difficulty. Does anybody know if I can turn it up to the hardest difficulty and play new game +? or can u only NG+ on the same difficulty?