Cheesebu

Wrong About Cheese
Sep 21, 2020
The fact that this topic is what gets talked about is Dave's whole point of that special IMO. You would never see this much outrage and a thread about his Clifford the Big Red N joke or any of the police inequality jokes hes made throughout his career. Empathy is a two way street.
Maybe you could provide some context. What jokes has he made that should draw the same level of outrage and criticism as "trans women are not women" or playing some oppression olympics bullshit and trying to put minorities against each other?

Please don't try to bounce after that profoundly stupid post, unless this is just a burner account as it kind of appears to be.

JaRonin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Boston
Maybe you could provide some context. What jokes has he made that should draw the same level of outrage and criticism as "trans women are not women" or playing some oppression olympics bullshit and trying to put minorities against each other?

Please don't try to bounce after that profoundly stupid post, unless this is just a burner account as it kind of appears to be.

I respect your opinion of my post, but I think my post is self explanatory. I apologize if I lack the ability to convey properly.

So we are supposed to be okay with rhetoric that makes us targets for murder. OK!

Trans rights are human rights! Humans should be allowed to live a life of happiness.

Oh, did he declare himself a White Supremacist, and I missed it?
Because he announced he's a bigot against transfolks here.

I respect your opinion!

Was that about Clifford the Big Red Fake Pussy or something because otherwise I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. Dude is an out of touch transphobe who's content to ignore sections of his own community in order to beat down on queer people, and align himself with famous rich white women in doing so.

I respect your opinion!

Why do you and Chapelle keep ignoring Black LGBTQ people?

Im sorry friend but you do not know me. I am a friend to the LGBTQIA+ community. I am not ignoring or hating on it, like Dave, as a black cisgender man I am jealous of the efficiency of the movement.

hope you're ready for a discussion on that

I am not. Just going to respond to a couple of folks and then people can flame my opinion as they are entitled to!

Back here again. He has made several jokes about black folks that have not drawn the same level of outrage. Bullets shot at Clifford the Big Red N Dog gets hand waved over, and a comment I make on this topic I have to explain several times over.

If my words offend anyone in the LGBTQIA+ community on Resetera, please believe me I did not mean them to. I just want to help folks understand the point that I believe he was trying to make.

Peace to all of you!

Last edited:

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017

I understand your good intentions with this post, so don't take this as me criticizing you versus me using this as a teachable moment for the thread. But, "put minorities against each other" isn't the correct language or framing to use here. It's...actually Chapelle's framing.

Pitting minorities against each other doesn't work here because we're not talking about two different minorities.

So, using that framework in part does the work of the hotep for them. It establishes the default of Queer/Trans as white. And what is the desired foil (by both alt-right bigots and hoteps) for white? Black. You unintentionally contribute to that schism that they want.

When in reality, Black Queer and Trans people are up in here, Boo Boo Kitty. We are not an addendum. We are not an optional spice for somebody's otherwise bland potato salad. We are just as much a part of Queerness as anybody else; and Queerness is as ingrained in Blackness as it is any-motherfuckin-thing else.

And that is the thing Chapelle and miserable hoteps like him do not want to hear. That's what breaks their brains.

skillzilla81

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Im sorry friend but you do not know me. I am a friend to the LGBTQIA+ community. I am not ignoring or hating on it, like Dave, as a black cisgender man I am jealous of the efficiency of the movement.

I don't need to know you. Defending Chapelle means that's exactly what you're doing.

Why are you jealous when Black queer and Trans people are dying at higher rates than just about any population? That's what Chapelle and his defenders ignore when defending him.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I understand your good intentions with this post, so don't take this as me criticizing you versus me using this as a teachable moment for the thread. But, "put minorities against each other" isn't the correct language or framing to use here. It's...actually Chapelle's framing.

Pitting minorities against each other doesn't work here because we're not talking about two different minorities.

So, using that framework in part does the work of the hotep for them. It establishes the default of Queer/Trans as white. And what is the desired foil (by both alt-right bigots and hoteps) for white? Black. You unintentionally contribute to that schism that they want.

When in reality, Black Queer and Trans people are up in here, Boo Boo Kitty. We are not an addendum. We are not an optional spice for somebody's otherwise bland potato salad. We are just as much a part of Queerness as anybody else; and Queerness is as ingrained in Blackness as it is any-motherfuckin-thing else.

And that is the thing Chapelle and miserable hoteps like him do not want to hear. That's what breaks their brains.
It's especially heartbreaking how shady it is making it racial because it's spreads more rhetoric that causes violence against trans people, and we all know in the community the most vulnerable of us and likely to be murdered are black trans women. Dave can fuck all the way off.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
The efficiency of what movement? You can't mean the trans movement considering we're still fighting against bans on using toilets, public spaces, rape centres, sports and military service. Seeing healthcare wait times of years before an initial appointment to start to begin to be ourselves, and that is at the mercy of psychological evaluations and able to be denied by a doctor simply because they disagree with it. That sees concerted efforts to force people to choose between living as themselves or ever having biological children. Can't be talking about the efficiency or privilege of having to risk being assaulted or beaten to death for telling a date who you are, or disowned or assaulted by your own family for the same.

fireflame

Oct 27, 2017
So Terf are so called feminists who hate trans people right? The idea of becoming feminist to hate trans is quite contradictory.

JaRonin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Boston
I don't need to know you. Defending Chapelle means that's exactly what you're doing.

Why are you jealous when Black queer and Trans people are dying at higher rates than just about any population? That's what Chapelle and his defenders ignore when defending him.

Thank you for engaging with me and educating me. I certainly do not mean to minimize what Black queer folks and Transgender folks go through! Being Black Queer and/or transgender to me means you face twice the amount of hate. I certainly dont want to add to that. I just want my people to get the same level of empathy, it is sort of a selfish jealousy if you will. I will admit!

Cheesebu

Wrong About Cheese
Sep 21, 2020

Yea I didn't mean that at all. I thought it was obvious that some trans people are black, as obvious as the fact that some straight people are white. Dave is objectively pitting minorities against each other, and that doesn't exclusively mean straight black people vs LGBTQ+ white people imo, but I'll try to be more clear next time.

Royalan

Oct 24, 2017
Thank you for engaging with me and educating me. I certainly do not mean to minimize what Black queer folks and Transgender folks go through! Being Black Queer and/or transgender to me means you face twice the amount of hate. I certainly dont want to add to that. I just want my people to get the same level of empathy, it is sort of a selfish jealousy if you will. I will admit!

You're still doing it.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
lmao fuck off dork

Royalan

Oct 24, 2017
Yea I didn't mean that at all. I thought it was obvious that some trans people are black, as obvious as the fact that some straight people are white. Dave is objectively putting minorities against each other, and that doesn't exclusively mean straight black people vs LGBTQ+ white people imo, but I'll try to be more clear next time.

No no no, that wasn't completely aimed at you. You introduced that specific language and I pivoted off of it. Didn't mean to make you feel targeted!

I do think you're giving Chapelle (and I'll just include hoteps here since he so wants to be their king) way more credit than he deserves. Chapelle is not considering, including, or speaking for Black LGBTQIA+ in his arguments and his critiques of the Queer community at large (there are waaaaay smarter Queer PoC already doing that, for starters).

He is literally not thinking about us. And that isn't an accident.

Last edited:

MechaMarmaset

Nov 20, 2017
Back here again. He has made several jokes about black folks that have not drawn the same level of outrage. Bullets shot at Clifford the Big Red N Dog gets hand waved over, and a comment I make on this topic I have to explain several times over.

Because Dave Chappelle is black... He can make black jokes. And he's not using said black jokes to tear down black people as a group. He is not trans or part of the LGBT community so he doesn't get a pass to shit on them for a full hour. You don't get to talk shit about someone else's mama.

Mar 18, 2020
I watched the special so I wouldn't have to rely on someone else's take, but a lot of it I was just like "…ughokay…" Lots of clunkers and trying to force laughs. Man even dropped a "Webster's defines" joke.

Even the story about Daphne, he fucked up the atmosphere immediately talking about Kevin Hart and DaBaby. Nobody gives a fuck about them!

His inability or refusal not to be weirdly resentful of LGBTQ+ people is fuckin sad, man.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
i'll say this, you are getting an education

Cheesebu

Wrong About Cheese
Sep 21, 2020
No no no, that wasn't completely aimed at you. You introduced that specific language and I pivoted off of it. Didn't mean to make you feel targeted!
No worries, It's all good, you're right. It's a clumsy and inconsiderate way of phrasing it. I'll keep that in mind.

Charities related to the Black Trans community

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
On that note.. and considering the thread, here's a list of charities related to Black trans people:

Black Transmen Inc are a non-profit organisation whose focus is to empower Black trans men by addressing issues related to the intersection of racial, sexual orientation and gender identities.

Black Trans Travel Fund is a grassroots organisation whose mission is to help Black trans women with financial resources to self-determine and access safe alternatives to travel.

Brave Space Alliance are the first Black and trans-led LGBTQ+ centre in the South Side of Chicago, who are dedicated to creating resources and services for LGBTQ+ individuals on the South and West sides of the city.

For the Gworls was started by a Black trans woman and Black non-binary person to help assist Black trans individuals with their rent and gender affirming surgeries.

Homeless Black Trans Women Fund provide safe housing, food and living expenses for Black trans women in Atlanta who are sex workers and/or homeless.

House of GG create safe spaces for members of the Black trans community to heal – "physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually" – from generations of transphobia, racism, sexism, poverty, ableism and violence.

The Marsha P. Johnson Institute is named after the revolutionary Black trans activist and LGBTQ+ pioneer of the same name and is committed to protecting and defending the lives of Black trans people.

The Okra Project send Black trans chefs to the homes of Black trans people with healthy and "culturally specific" meals and resources – at no cost.

SisTers PGH are a Black trans-led community centre whose goal is to provide support and emergency shelter for trans and non-binary people in Pittsburg.

Trans Women of Color Collective's mission is to uplift the narratives and lived experiences of trans women of colour, and to create economic opportunities and affirming spaces for the community.

- - - -

Compiled by:
www.gaytimes.co.uk

Black Trans Lives Matter: Incredible charities you can donate to right now

Transgender people - particularly Black transgender women - face disproportionate levels of violence and discrimination around the world.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
That we're awesome and some has-been boomer stood atop a $20 million soapbox can't change that. No matter how hard he tries, and how much it annoys him. He'll be lowered into his grave and trans people will still be raising pride flags the next time November rolls around.

Well said, I apologize for sounding defeatist.

Oct 27, 2017
I know you're a banned troll junior account, but I know there are other people lurking here that want to believe something along these lines, so I feel like it's worth stating very clearly...

Allyship isn't something you assign yourself. It's something that you're given after you earned it.

Last edited:

Jinsaryko

Oct 27, 2017
Thank you for engaging with me and educating me. I certainly do not mean to minimize what Black queer folks and Transgender folks go through! Being Black Queer and/or transgender to me means you face twice the amount of hate. I certainly don't want to add to that. I just want my people to get the same level of empathy, it is sort of a selfish jealousy if you will. I will admit!

I'm assuming you're black when I say this, but when you say 'my people', understand that you're excluding black gays and transgenders. As a black man, they are our people. I know you're banned, but I just wanted to point this out. I see this a lot in the black community, this separation of straight black people and gay/trans black folk. It corny.

Prophyblakcis

Oct 25, 2017
just wish dave and everyone else would leave being black out of these little battles. feel like im being dragged into a stand-off that has nothing to do with me. clearly his deal with the devil requires sowing division

Last edited:

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
I watched the special and couldnt get past 20 mins

it really seemed like he was pissed off, wanted people to understand his views wouldn't change and he understands he'll need to fuck off for a while afer this one

That "Space Jews" joke was one of the worst "jokes" I've ever heard. Fell so fucking flat and his response to the crowd was "theres worse to come". Would be some dumb shit that a college bro would spew out of their mouth.

how the mighty have fallen

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
Is this the one where he jokes about all the attacks on Asians?

BrucCLea13k87

Oct 27, 2017
Hating on trans people is so fucking gross. I won't watch this. I'm over it. It isn't funny. It's lazy. History is going to bite Dave in the ass. It's ironic because he's basically undermined all of his previous work with this.

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
What could you even joke about with that?

Chappelle further admits that he "didn't get sick at all" from contracting COVID, calling himself "the Magic Johnson of coronavirus," but that he did get stressed out by watching so many videos of Black people beating up Asians on the streets during the pandemic—before cracking, "I couldn't help but feel like, when I saw these brothers beating these Asians up, that's probably what's happening inside of my body."

dailybeast article

AllFatherGray

Banned
Nov 3, 2020
Chappelle further admits that he "didn't get sick at all" from contracting COVID, calling himself "the Magic Johnson of coronavirus," but that he did get stressed out by watching so many videos of Black people beating up Asians on the streets during the pandemic—before cracking, "I couldn't help but feel like, when I saw these brothers beating these Asians up, that's probably what's happening inside of my body."

dailybeast article
Oh those are some very fucked up correlations.
What an ass hole

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

dailybeast article
What the fuck...

Otnopolit

Oct 28, 2017

dailybeast article

...What in the actual fuck is his problem?

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Totally, completely off topic, not hinting at anything at all

SpongeBob is a pretty good show! Classic, really.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018

dailybeast article
What a miserable human being.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
crazy David became the same type of person that made him go off to africa

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL

dailybeast article
*blinks*

how does the mind even go there to even babble this kind of comment out? I don't understand.

crazy David became the same type of person that made him go off to africa
actually.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
We watched it all and honestly, some of it was funny and you can tell it was just raunchy jokes...until he started talking about trans people. It was very clearly a serious speech that made us uncomfortable. The story about Daphne was really sad, but that doesn't give him any pass. He deserves to be called out for his hate.

Anonymous Tipster

The Fallen
Nov 4, 2017

dailybeast article

Wow. Fuck THAT.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know it is his last special so maybe Netflix just said fuck it, but giving a platform for transphobic speech is nuts.

I must be naive, but I also think it's completely nuts. I haven't read every single page of this thread but I read most of it and is there a movement on Twitter or whatever to get Netflix to respond? I know people think it's not surprising that Netflix would produce and air a program with transphobic jokes, but the guy literally says, "I'm team TERF," and I think that's a step beyond making transphobic jokes. I feel like if I said at work that I was for the exclusion of the transgender community, I would be fired, and I don't have millions of coworkers.

That on top of his transphobic rant on top of his racist joke about COVID I think is absolutely appalling. I can't imagine Disney or Sony Pictures or Universal or whatever releasing a big tentpole movie with all that stuff in 2021. Can Netflix really produce and release something so dangerous and let Chappelle take all the heat, in 2021? I guess they'll get away with it, but I'm stunned. I'm sorry for anyone in the trans community who has to deal with the consequences of this. You really shouldn't have to.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
Thank you Royalan, Kyuuji, mods, and others for your input and perspectives that have made this thread incredibly informative and productive despite the topic it was based on.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017

dailybeast article

This is even more crazy for him to say when you remember his wife is Asian.