• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

OGBombKush

Banned
Nov 22, 2017
I'm curious what being from Brighton had to do with anything, aside from being a twat who is trying to exaggerate their few interactions with females on a video game forum.

mob21

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why engage the conversation then? Two of the girls I've been dating are psych graduates. One is working for a stroke charity and passionate about the subject, another is trying to become a marriage counsellor.

One of which has even been sending me thoughts on neuroplasticity and stroke rehabilitation and remarking about how she was thinking about things I had said several days after. I'm unconvinced she's not interested in the subject.

The girl I was out with yesterday even mentioned nietzsche independent to anything I said to her.

I live in Brighton. I don't think you guys get that. You're lucky if you don't see someone cycling a penny farthing to work.

I also think you probably missed the part where my last date involved taking turns on Bloodborn - I suppose she wasn't interested in that either? Despite it being her suggestion.

This sounds like a meme. Is this a meme?

vegohead

Oct 27, 2017
Why engage the conversation then? Two of the girls I've been dating are psych graduates. One is working for a stroke charity and passionate about the subject, another is trying to become a marriage counsellor.

One of which has even been sending me thoughts on neuroplasticity and stroke rehabilitation and remarking about how she was thinking about things I had said several days after. I'm unconvinced she's not interested in the subject.

The girl I was out with yesterday even mentioned nietzsche independent to anything I said to her.

I live in Brighton. I don't think you guys get that. You're lucky if you don't see someone cycling a penny farthing to work.

I also think you probably missed the part where my last date involved taking turns on Bloodborn - I suppose she wasn't interested in that either? Despite it being her suggestion.

I think after reading enough of your posts I've realized I'm quite the simple person. It doesn't bother me too much besides with dating, cause I can't seem to land a date anymore through apps.

I just feel like I have so many shallow encounters with women that end poorly. I wonder if my luck will be better abroad, at least I can pay for sex if I have no luck.

Still talking with the study abroad girl, she might be my best chance but I dunno how'd we hook-up during the trip.

mob21

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think after reading enough of your posts I've realized I'm quite the simple person. It doesn't bother me too much besides with dating, cause I can't seem to land a date anymore through apps.

I just feel like I have so many shallow encounters with women that end poorly. I wonder if my luck will be better abroad, at least I can pay for sex if I have no luck.

Still talking with the study abroad girl, she might be my best chance but I dunno how'd we hook-up during the trip.

Don't think yourself to be simple just because some internet guy likes to flex his 6 brain cells on dates with psych majors.

Just Jet

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

don't fall for his fake intellectual " im a psych major so im in a tier above other people" bullshit. First step to getting with girls is being comfortable and confident with yourself and just talk to them. they're people so you don't have to do anything extravagant to "win" their affection. Just be confident in yourself and spend time with them, if it works out cool if not don't beat yourself up and move on to the next one.

mob21

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
don't fall for his fake intellectual " im a psych major so im in a tier above other people" bullshit. First step to getting with girls is being comfortable and confident with yourself and just talk to them. they're people so you don't have to do anything extravagant to "win" their affection. Just be confident in yourself and spend time with them, if it works out cool if not don't beat yourself up and move on to the next one.

capitao.png

vegohead

Oct 27, 2017

Yea, I think it's time to get away from tinder for good and work up the confidence to talk with strangers. Its so easy for me to talk with women in controlled situations like school or at work but everywhere else feels impossible.

I just get the vibes that I'm bothering them, but that could just be with how I present myself. I didn't really start smiling until last year, so looking interested is still very new for me.

mob21

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yea, I think it's time to get away from tinder for good and work up the confidence to talk with strangers. Its so easy for me to talk with women in controlled situations like school or at work but everywhere else feels impossible.

I just get the vibes that I'm bothering them, but that could just be with how I present myself. I didn't really start smiling until last year, so looking interested is still very new for me.

I don't think tinder or dating apps in general are the problem. Apps can be good practice actually because they tend to be very low risk situations in the first place. If it doesn't work out there isn't any 'consequence'. Just don't think about talking to women as some sort of ordeal or event like my mans said they are just people too lol so just talk. It's never that serious

And don't let people tell you what to talk about or what worked for them because that shit is so irrelevant and not helpful

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017

Wasn't what I said.

The point of this thread, as In see it, is to share dating experiences, those have been mine. In no way did I say it was a requirement to date anyone. I'm not sure why some of you are inferring that.

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
My god that's tragic. The reason he does not have any female friends is probably because he's clinging onto his ex instead of talking to other women. I'll take an educated guess that he's also coming across weird to the other women he does talk too. Is your friend making comments in the ball park of "Work buddy only likes her because she's Asian"?

That's exactly what he said, but it's way worse than that. He dated this girl for three years even though he never had strong feelings for her (he refused to say I love you and ix-nayed the idea of marriage and kids with her even though it's what she wanted. He stayed with her this long because she was madly infatuated with him and he was terrified of being single. So he'd rather be in a one-sides barely loveless relationship rather than be alone. Every girl he ever dated, the girl asked him out, he's never asked anyone out, which is why he gets stuck in relationships with people he's not attracted to, but just sticks with it because he's so scared to be alone and without sex. It's just incredibly gross to me. This girl finally had enough and dumped after three near-breakups (two of which I told him that he has to fucking break up with her cause he was being a coward and basically ruining both of their lives cause of his insecurities). He dated this one short overweight girl (I'm not trying to body shame, but it's kind of part of the story) for close to two years that he was just not attracted to at all because she showed him some attention and they'd regularly fuck, but she treated him like garbage and she ultimately dumped him even though I told him to dump her after three months.

He's never had a female friend because secretly, he just wants fuck buddies and I don't think he's able to conceive that you have to like a girl as a friend because you want her just as a friend and to not constantly keep pushing beyond that. He keeps going on and on about dating a hot white blonde (he's white) and that's who he wants to settle with, but he's utterly garbage at communicating with women (any time he gets a match on Tinder, he begs me for help communicating, witty openers and replies, things like that, and when I don't help him, he just says the dumbest, most bland shit).

So yeah, he weirds a lot of women out. Even wasted, he won't go chat up a girl. Very insecure.

Oynox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been with my (first) girlfriend for one year now. Am I doing it right?
Apparently. But you will know better after your honeymoon period is dying off and you two move on together. I think with every change in the relationship come new hurdles but also new love, which is a great thing.

I cannot speak terribly much from experience because I my (also first) girlfriend and I have only been together for 5 years now, but I definitely noticed changes during the years. Two years ago we moved apart to study in different cities with around 3-4 hours traveling involved to see each other around every second weekend. Before that we were on the same school and saw each other nearly every day, it was definitely our two years of "being fresh in love". Now she has been in Finland for 4 months which also was a new experience and the longest period we ever were apart, although I visited her half-time. We hope to move together next year, which will be a huge development.

So yeah, basically enjoy what you have now, do not fear that changes will overcome you, look forward to them because new challenges will weld both of you together.

Deleted member 9838

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I still feel lost when it comes to kissing and escalating touching. I had a date today where I met with a really cute chick in a hookah lounge. She was really flirty and into me and we really connected. We were sitting on a couch and as the night progressed we got closer and closer. Eventually she ended up leaning on me as she showed me interesting photos on her phone. This went on for a while and our faces ended up very close to each other. She very was easily in kissing distance. Thing was I felt nervous. Not about us touching or being flirty but just it feeling cliche and me being unsure how to go in for a kiss. It was our first time meeting. I feel so nervous kissing a girl on a date the first time. If it was a girl I met the same night in a club or a first meeting with a more preconceived notion of hooking up it would be different but a situation that is more neutral makes me so nervous. I'm not really quite sure how to read situations like this. Is her body language telling me to kiss her when she is leaning on me for 30+ minutes and her face is 8 inches away from mine?

Subpar Scrub

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, this whole thread got pretty darn crazy over the last page lol. No more personal attacks pls.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Are u from Brighton and do you take turns playing Bloodborne with her?

Where did I infer that that was 'doing it right?'.

Personally i wouldn't date a girl that doesn't like games. Not because I want that from them, but because I'd worry I'd annoy them with my career and hobbies.

Megalosaro

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Southern California
Diversify your hobbies. Anyway, maybe I had a realization.

Maybe I should stop lying to myself (and her) and just tell her that I do have expectations with regards to the existence of sex.

Maybe what we need is a predefined "sex day" or something. That way I don't feel stressed with regards to whether or not I should initiate, which is I think a contributing factor to my problems, and she would know what I'm expecting.

Of course this is theoretical. I have to hear her thoughts. The logistics of our relationship cause spontaneity to be non-existant. But I guess it's a solution. I don't want to presure her to do anything she doesn't want.

Last edited:

Megalosaro

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Southern California
I made the mistake of telling my roomate what I'm going through.

He responded by sending me screen caps of text messages with his girlfriend where she talks about how sexy he is. How she brags to her sister about how good in bed he is. How he's a real man.

He then said that she's not into me because I'm not buff, and that I'm too nice.

I feel like I'm going to throw up.

Only talked to him because I needed someone to talk to

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Your roommate always has you shook. Smh.

Last edited:

EchoChamber

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I made the mistake of telling my roomate what I'm going through.

He responded by sending me screen caps of text messages with his girlfriend where she talks about how sexy he is. How she brags to her sister about how good in bed he is. How he's a real man.

He then said that she's not into me because I'm not buff, and that I'm too nice.

I feel like I'm going to throw up.

Only talked to him because I needed someone to talk to

You still live with your roommate?

Man...you are really a cycle...

Oct 25, 2017
China
I'm supposed to be moving in with my gf in april, when her lease expires.

In other "Megalosaro tries to get his shit together" news, I am also always job hunting. And I am also always studying for the customs broker exam. So I actually am trying to get my shit together.
Good, you'll see an uptick in Jobs available starting in January because people tend to stay put in their current job through the holidays and change in the new year. Companies also start looking at making changes for the new year and that means new job positions. three of the last jobs I had were all January (thereabouts) starts.

Subpar Scrub

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ha sucks, carry on tho !

This comes across as a bit antagonistic, but hopefully I'm just misreading the tone of this post.

I'm supposed to be moving in with my gf in april, when her lease expires.

In other "Megalosaro tries to get his shit together" news, I am also always job hunting. And I am also always studying for the customs broker exam. So I actually am trying to get my shit together.

Good shit mate, glad to hear it!

Also, ignore your roommate man. We've said it time and again, but he's an unstable degenerate.

Nov 17, 2017
Yikes, what's with people jumping on Chrono? He's a cool guy and has been nothing but helpful. Kind of reading way into what he said if you think he's trying to brag or something.

Also vegohead , to tweak what people said to you about seeing yourself as simple; try not to compare yourself to others. I have that problem sometimes, especially with my close friend who just kills it with dates . What Chrono did worked for him but what I think his point was saying is to be true to yourself and share what you're passionate about with your date and they'll be into it.

On my end, I had my first tinder date ever today. Definitely feels good after my first post in this thread was me frustrated over how I wasn't making any progress on Tinder for months. I went with a simple coffee date and we're getting dinner and drinks this weekend! Feeling hopeful!

Is her body language telling me to kiss her when she is leaning on me for 30+ minutes and her face is 8 inches away from mine?
Definitely! Don't feel bad about not taking the opportunity though. This is a good sign that you can be a little more physical and go for a kiss on your next date. It means she feels comfortable being physically close to you.

JoeyJungle

Oct 27, 2017
So if you like your job, is it pretty much always a bad idea to date someone you work closely with? I get along really well with one of the women I work with and we're emailing each other all day (partly stuff for work, partly jokes and dank memes). I was thinking about asking her if she wanted to check out an exhibit at the art museum here, would that be a terrible idea? I've never been interested in a coworker before so haven't ever had a problem with the "don't shit where you eat" rule, but I really clicked with this person and would really like to try hanging out with them outside of work.

She's not my direct superior at work, she works in a different department that works closely with mine. We email almost every day, but probably see each other for just a few minutes each day to hand stuff off/ask questions, or up to ~30 minutes if neither of us are busy and we're just chatting.

vegohead

Oct 27, 2017
Yikes, what's with people jumping on Chrono? He's a cool guy and has been nothing but helpful. Kind of reading way into what he said if you think he's trying to brag or something.

Also vegohead , to tweak what people said to you about seeing yourself as simple; try not to compare yourself to others. I have that problem sometimes, especially with my close friend who just kills it with dates . What Chrono did worked for him but what I think his point was saying is to be true to yourself and share what you're passionate about with your date and they'll be into it.

On my end, I had my first tinder date ever today. Definitely feels good after my first post in this thread was me frustrated over how I wasn't making any progress on Tinder for months. I went with a simple coffee date and we're getting dinner and drinks this weekend! Feeling hopeful!

Definitely! Don't feel bad about not taking the opportunity though. This is a good sign that you can be a little more physical and go for a kiss on your next date. It means she feels comfortable being physically close to you.

Thank you and everyone else for the advice. I decided to cut 90% of my bloated tinder bio and see where it takes me. I plan on taking new photos next month so hopefully those help with matches too.

I think not having anyone to talk with about dating IRL has put me down for awhile. Well I do have one friend who dates but he only goes after successful af asian women so we can't really relate lol. I'm just glad I'm not in the territory of dating people I'm not attracted to anymore. That was the absolute worst.

Cat Pee

Oct 25, 2017
Second date with tall shy girl went swimmingly. Started off with a quick dinner, then Netflix and chats at her place. This also marked the first time I've ever had a girl put her arm around me while watching a show, and the first time I've ever experienced being the small spoon (I've never been with anyone my height or taller). Good times all around.

Incidentally, I decided to hop on Facebook and look up the ones I have dates scheduled with. Seems like they're all actually part of the same fairly close friend group (multiple pictures together) and all involved in music programs at one of the three universities in my area. Looks like my presentation-style Tinder profile is just really drawing in the musical ladies from this one school, or they're all in on it for some reason. Either way, it's gonna be real interesting to see how things play out.

Last edited:

Subpar Scrub

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like they're all actually part of the same fairly close friend group (multiple pictures together) and all involved in music programs at one of the three universities in my area.

This will end in a shitstorm of epic proportions or an orgy, I'll be super disappointed if nothing results from it. Regardless, keep us updated lol

Cat Pee

Oct 25, 2017
Did more Instagram snooping. Two of them are roommates, or were roommates in the past. This is gonna be fun.

I mean, it's just Tinder matches at the end of the day. I strongly doubt I'll somehow be so compatible with all at once that it triggers some kind of conflict, hahaha.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
China
Incidentally, I decided to hop on Facebook and look up the ones I have dates scheduled with. Seems like they're all actually part of the same fairly close friend group (multiple pictures together) and all involved in music programs at one of the three universities in my area.

Don't cross the streams.

Looks like my presentation-style Tinder profile
Bjwen8f.jpg

min2_copy.jpg

min3_copy.jpg

min4_copy.jpg

min5_copy.jpg

is just really drawing in the musical ladies from this one school, or they're all in on it for some reason. Either way, it's gonna be real interesting to see how things play out.

That's certainly unique and seems to be working for you.