• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The Mass Effect comments don't really make sense when the whole point was that for Wii U they only released the last game, which indicated the past ones wouldn't be available, the total opposite of Dark Souls on Switch... Unless you think they should have waited until after porting two games to a platform that may not even be able to run the last one before announcing a simple bundle of preexisting games or something lol.

And I don't get how releasing a more cost effective way to acquire all games is milking a franchise dry either.

Release date is fucking ridiculous for sure tho lmao, that's looking for trouble, but hey that's Bamco for you.

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I was wondering when the Switch was going to get its own version of this:

To be fair, that was worse, given that it was the third game in a story heavy trilogy. It was aimed at who exactly? Mass effect fans who didn't buy ME3 at launch but happen to have a wiiu?

Dark Souls 1 should still find an audience with first time players on Switch and those who want a portable version

VodkaFX

May 31, 2018
Any word on the price?

If its 60 USD, I feel sorry for those who just bought DS Remastered not long ago. :/

Kudo

Oct 25, 2017
How many times are they planning to release these games? I love Souls but come on.

NeroPaige

Jan 8, 2018
drake-face.jpg
first post nails it.

meaulnes

Oct 27, 2017
Now we know possible reason of Switch delay, they wanted the benefits of cross-platform releases!

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Well, this will be what I get for my eventual PS4 purchase. I don't have DS 2 or DS3 so this is ideal for me, plus a chance to play the remaster is nice.

I'm guessing this collection is for people like me :)

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Is there a price yet? Never played any of the souls games, but I enjoyed Bloodborne enough.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Complete Soulsborne collection confirmed for 2019 and Ultimate Soulsborne collection with Demon's Souls confirmed for 2020. ;p

Oct 30, 2017
It's not like Switch was going to do much justice to DS3 anyway.

Let the PS4 and Xbox crowd enjoy a good value though. It's a lot of great content.

base_two

Oct 27, 2017
What? I'm assuming the DS Remastered didn't perform well, so they've slapped this together in time for the holidays.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't get it. Why remaster ds1? Is ds1 in this bundle the remaster and if so why release the two so close together as I'm sure a lot of people would have waited. I'll be even more pissed if the entire bundle has enhancements to the other games like ds1 remaster when I just bought ds1.

DJwest

Oct 26, 2017
To all the smart asses saying it's pointless (since you obviously already have the games), have you considered that this trilogy maybe isn't targeted at you?

Meatfist

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing this is 1 Remastered + 2 + 3 + All DLC for $60, which is a pretty good deal for the handful of people who haven't played at least 1 Souls game already

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So nice of banco. Every plataform is getting a dark souls game this October, what more could someone ask for?

Wait, no PC?

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
That theory that they purposely delayed Dark Souls on Switch out of fear of it selling more than DSR on PS4/X1 was so true that the company decided to release the whole trilogy to counter the Switch version of Dark Souls 1 from selling for a second time.

This is what we in the biz call "A stupid conspiracy theory". There isn't a company in the world that would make plans solely to deliberately sabotage their own sales.

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
People saying it's pointless well this isn't for you. If you've not played any of the games, then all 3 for $60 is a heck of a deal.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
To all the smart asses saying it's pointless (since you obviously already have the games), have you considered that this trilogy maybe isn't targeted at you?

I guess the question is why would someone suddenly be interested enough in Dark Souls to buy a trilogy pack? That's a crazy amount of souls for someone to jump into on a whim.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I don't get it. Why remaster ds1? Is ds1 in this bundle the remaster and if so why release the two so close together as I'm sure a lot of people would have waited. I'll be even more pissed if the entire bundle has enhancements to the other games like ds1 remaster when I just bought ds1.

It's literally going to be the DS1,2,3 versions that are already on PS4/XBONE bundled in a different box.

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sweet deal for those new to the series. I never bought DS1 or 2 on PS4 so this is tempting for the sake of completion if nothing else.

I can't access the announcement itself, but is DS3 DLC included too?

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Reminds me of MH Generations Ultimate the same months as MHW PC....Japanese publishers really need to make sure that their is always a more fitting release before someone gets the game on Switch lol.

Bamco finessed Nintendo for the launch marketing earlier this year and then delayed the game....now they are using the delayed Switch games and related marketing to sell a PS4/XBO trilogy around the same time.

They are playing 4D chess with Nintendo
..lol

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I'm guessing this is 1 Remastered + 2 + 3 + All DLC for $60

I mean, this is exactly what it is, it's just a bundle. Why people are so baffled or asking what it is or if it's going to be another remaster or 60 fps?

Guys, just watch the video, it's just a bundle, nothing neither special or unusual. This shit already released in Japan, it now releases here.