Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
I'm actually so sick of seeing this guys name in front of every tweet nowadays. Pretty incredible that this "scooper" apparently knows every single detail of every single project in Hollywood.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda wish they'd officially say what we are and aren't getting.

It's unfortunate that this is as close as we'll ever get to a confirmation outside of just observing things in retrospect. And hell this might not even be an accurate tweet.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
960x0.png
I finally got around to watching Ant-Man Quantumania cause I like watching a good trashfire of a movie every now and again.

I thought the movie itself was fine but MODOK...who the FUCK thought that was a good idea? It was so uncanny valley that any attempts at using him for humor fell completely flat. It's like they took a jpg of his face, stretched it to fit then animated it from there. Every meme I saw of it I thought was a joke, but no THAT'S HOW HE ACTUALLY LOOKS IN THE MOVIE.

If MODOK wasn't involved in Ant-Man 3 I would have really enjoyed the film. Not a 10/10 smash hit but it was a solid 6 or 7. The microverse was beautiful and the non-MODOK comedy hit pretty well for us. I can see how Marvel thought it would be a hit, it ticked all the boxes but the whole was less than the sum of its parts.

I think if they do X-Men and FF well things will be fine. They need to take their time, develop good scripts, and give their crew time to get stuff right instead of rush out all of the things in a never ending stream of content.

Fubar

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly could not care less about Eternals. The cast seemed fine but that movie was dreadful. But the other rumors hit hard. Brie Larson and Iman Vellani deserve better. What a huge bummer.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
This feels like kind of nothing news? We're years away from any of those films coming out (I don't think any were even officially on the timeline docket?). If the MCU fixes itself and becomes a juggernaut again then Feige can push for them again with the audience support he had in earlier phases to boost them. If the MCU falters it's probably not lasting long enough for those films to come out anyways.

I just hope that Pugh is the lead of Thunderbolts and Ms. Marvel leading Young Avengers still happens.

BobbyRawlins

Oct 25, 2017
Carols movies were messy but i still enjoyed them and wanted her to get her tone-shift "ragnarok" style character defining movie, grumble grumble

GulfCoastZilla

Shinra Employee
Sep 13, 2022
First step to marvel winning me back is wiping the slate clean of all this space and celestial stuff.

Give me problems on earth with villains from earth.

TeraDax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Québec
Well, I must admit Eternals was the first, and only one so far, MCU movie I did not like. The cast was great, the characters too, but damn the movie was boring. Felt like a fetch quest.

But still, I hate leaving stories unfinished and on a cliffhanger.

Axass

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Did the gigantic thing in the Pacific Ocean ever become relevant again after the movie?

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
As a consumer of these Marvel movies and ongoing fan of the output, I'm disappointed by the suggestion this rumor is making but I also understand that "business daddy" Disney has shareholders to bedfellow with amid underperformance across their entire corporate umbrella, so it makes sense this is happening now.

I'm still invested in the MCU, and I'll even admit that quite a few things have hit as duds for me recently. But I don't really control the money that goes into making these and I know why the people who do control the money might only want MCU to be a hit factory right now -- the brand image is likely to suffer accelerated waning if things don't improve and the money isn't what it used to be.

But as a consumer, I always preferred them taking a big swing and a miss on occasion than just being predictable. I don't think I quite liked Eternals but I did appreciate the kind of creative stretch that it was, and I still hope those characters and events still have some bearing on the MCU in the future. All the people in this thread saying "just make good movies" strike me as folks who probably don't make creative things often. Much easier said than done. I don't think a single bad MCU movie wanted to be bad, and I don't think they were all bad for the same reasons either.

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
Carols movies were messy but i still enjoyed them and wanted her to get her tone-shift "ragnarok" style character defining movie, grumble grumble

She probably will. It's not like DanielRPK is all that reliable outside of trailers and I highly doubt he knows the next 5 years of movies, lol.

Plus, like I said, I feel like they are going to try their best to reinvigorate interest in Carol through the Avengers movies

thermopyle

Nov 8, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I actually liked Eternals but I understand. Maybe they'll show up in other movies. Not every character(s) need their own movie/show tbh. Ditto for Capt. Marvel. They failed making Carol into a pillar so just move on and she can show elsewhere. Other than Spiderman, there are no other pillars to rally around cause Marvel keeps introducing new characters and not revisiting them. It barely feels like a connected universe at this point. Rumors of Shang-Chi 2 but we probably won't see it till 2026, 5 years after the first movie. At least Dr. Strange showed up elsewhere in the intervening years.

DevilPuncher

"This guy are sick" and Aggressively Mediocre
Oct 25, 2017
Kind of a bummer in a way. I didn't particularly like Eternals, but I did find the premise pretty interesting. I think the execution was flawed, but I was interested in seeing more from these characters down the line. I really hope they don't just shelve everyone.

Oct 27, 2017
Henderson, NV
As one of the five people who legitimately loved Eternals, I'm sad to hear that
Count me in. I wouldn't say I loved it, but there was far more good than bad in it. Was excited for a sequel for sure.

The celestial stuff was still some of the most awesome visual ideas I've ever seen in a movie of this type. Sometimes I fast forward just to the celestial stuff. It was pretty incredible.

Naythan

Oct 25, 2017
ATL
I can't really foresee a world where a sequel to The Eternals would be a massive hit so it only makes sense for it be canned. Watching the original for the first time was the first time I really knew there was nothing left for me to be interested in here. It was a huge waste of time for all the talent involved.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2017
California
Not really surprised
A lot of people didn't like it
My opinion is that there were way to many characters, not enough time to know them but it was already long so they were conflicted
Should've been a tv show but it is what it is
Overall I thought it was ok at best

Like Guardians introduced 5 new characters and I remember some people say that was to many lol, gotta know the audience

Apr 20, 2022
It's not even that Eteranls is a pretty shit movie on its own, it's that it feels like you can skip it completely and there's nothing you'd miss at all. The eternals, who influence earths history and civilisation? Never mentioned them once. The huge giant head sticking out the ocean? Never mentioned again.

That's phase 4 in nutshell, nothing matters. Ant man 3 Kang is reduced to a jobber and now with Loki S2 and Majors irl issues Kang is pretty much finished. Shang Chi is a one and done movie with a post credit scene that has amounted to nothing. The Disney+ shows, which sometimes feels like this in a completely different universe, very little, or no connection to what happened everywhere else. Moo knight for example, seems like it's detached from the MCU. Doctor strange introduced in multiverse ending threat known as the incursions which seem even more dangerous than Kang.

Marvel needs to go back to the drawing board only make good films on their own merit but also create strong and stable connections between different projects, instead of making a series of randomly on connect movies and shows.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kind of a bummer, but I get it for a few reasons. There are just too many players (avengers) on the board right now and F4 and X-men are waiting in the wings. Feige and Co. need to reign things in a bit. Unfortunately the Eternals is going to be a casualty.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Whatever happens, I just hope we are still getting Young Avengers in some form.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
So what female characters are getting their own movie if Captain Marvel is considered too risky?

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
So what female characters are getting their own movie if Captain Marvel is considered too risky?

At this point probably none.

The Marvel's has no doubt unfortunately put a stake in the heart of any projects with a female lead.

And we know Marvel doesn't do low budget superhero movies where they could take a risk.

Best to hope for is a male/female team up movie

kowhite

May 14, 2019
At this point probably none.

The Marvel's has no doubt unfortunately put a stake in the heart of any projects with a female lead.

And we know Marvel doesn't do low budget superhero movies where they could take a risk.

Best to hope for is a male/female team up movie

Isn't Florence Pugh the actual lead of Thunderbolts?

ArcLyte

Nov 1, 2017
Eternals is easily one of the most interesting movies Marvel ever made. It's a real shame we won't see a followup.

DidactBRHU3

Oct 17, 2019
Fortaleza - Ceará
It's impossible for super heroes movies to hold high interest forever, the saturation of the D+ shows and DC spitting mediocre movies out just accelerated that.

Eternals was fine for what it was, much better than the last Thor, Strange and Ant-Man. The only recent movie I prefer over it is The Marvels because Kamala is awesome.

Zeus

Corrupted by Vengeance and Powered by Friendship™
Oct 27, 2017
With Black Widow also out, who even knows now?

Black Panther would've been a great answer if not for the actresses painful social media opinions...
Any chance of wasp taking the spotlight is likely sunk from similar, if lesser, antics.

Honestly no idea where they go from here. Any other characters gonna need a lot of buildup first...

Last edited:

GoodGrief

Jan 24, 2024
Supergirl... 3 movie studios making superhero movies and that's all we got.
Her and Bucky are co leads are they not?

Also Florence thankfully hasn't been targeted by the dregs of the internet.
Reportedly it's actually Yelena and John Walker who are co-leads. Bucky is apparently a way smaller role than anticipated.

El Toporo

Oct 25, 2017
Marvel dropping the ball on women is true to the comics. At least DC is giving us a Supergirl movie.

Gunman

Aug 19, 2020
Untold tens of people are crushed rn.

Why did Marvel try to make The Eternals happen anyway? Because Kirby?

odiin

Oct 27, 2017
That's a shame because I actually think an Eternals sequel could absolutely be a financial success if they were able to make it for under five dollars.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Marvel dropping the ball on women is true to the comics. At least DC is giving us a Supergirl movie.

Maybe it's my was-really-only-into-DC-growing-up bias showing, but I always felt DC had bigger profile female leads than Marvel did (if you ignored the X-Men, who are generally a team). Like, DC could do a standalone Wonder Woman, Supergirl, any of three different Batgirls, Batwoman, Harley Quinn, Zatanna, Catwoman, and maybe even Poison Ivy film nowadays and pull it off. And those characters (as shown by Harley and WW already) are higher on the priority totem pole. Though, admittedly, only Supergirl is confirmed coming from the Gunn-verse at the moment. WW is presumably being planned in some capacity.