• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I know they've been showing off a lot of Pacifica but I seriously hope we get a little glimpse of Heywood and Westbrook at some point. I want to see more of the affluent areas the game has to offer (including City Center).

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
What district did the first gameplay demo take place in? Mainly that downtown area when you first walk out of the mega building V lives in. That looked really good.

X9MM28A.gif

New pic. I feel this is the first or the second picture where we see streets at night?
EGCUJofWoAAyRs9
Dat atmosphere.

OP
OP

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA

Ohri-Jin

Banned
Jul 11, 2019
The Netherlands
Photomode baby!!

Night City at night with the neon. Rain or acid rain, any rain! Heck a dog pissing from the balcony above from me onto my face make itt rain!

Snapshots galore.

Chris McQueen

Self-requested ban
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
London
I can't help but think they're holding some major reveal(s) until a later time. Those screens are nice and all, but I need more than what's currently being shown.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
Ohh....

Do it CDPR.

One night time shot with rain from player perspective and I can stare at that til April 16.

Do it.

FoolsMilky

Sep 16, 2018

"I was [concerned about censorship] because I know Australia has issues with drugs and the other thing is sexualised violence--those are the two things that can kill your product [in Australia]," Mamais said. "But I've been looking into it [over] the last couple of days. It seems like we're safe. You don't get rewarded for [using] drugs as far as I know in the game. The player doesn't do any kind of sexualised violence at all where it's really tasteless; we wouldn't do anything like that."

On Multiplayer In Cyberpunk 2077

It's public knowledge that we want to make multiple AAA titles at the same time in the company. We haven't been able to but now we're growing to a certain extent and we might be able to do that in the future; at least we hope so.

We'll see how well Cyberpunk does. It's not for me to say what they'll be. I can tell you what I hope they'll be. I like Cyberpunk, I'd like to keep making Cyberpunk games. I also like The Witcher, I'd like to keep making Witcher-type games. It could be anything. Some new IP or some licensed IP. Who knows? It's not decided yet.
For Cyberpunk, for the narrative part, for the cinematic part, there is something new called a Scene System. It's like our dialogue and cinematic system that occurs within the context of the gameplay of the game. It's really important because one of the pillars of the development of the project is the idea of full immersion and this new Scene System is all about full immersion. You don't break into a letterbox formula and see this cutscene taking place, you're actually in the cutscene and you can control the character or the camera, there are different levels of control depending on the cutscene. It's fully immersive; it doesn't take you out of the experience at all. So we're doing that and also other things too.

Hmm... "It's not decided yet"... This whole dialogue is making things seem like they're waiting for the Cyberpunk results to make concrete decisions.

Also glad to hear about their commitment to the immersion. I'm sure this "Scene System" is going to have interesting implications.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Hmm... "It's not decided yet"... This whole dialogue is making things seem like they're waiting for the Cyberpunk results to make concrete decisions.

77 is huge financial sink for them so it makes sense that they want to see what kind return they are getting before deciding where they go next with what game(s) to do next. If game flops they may need do something safe like put everyone behind new Witcher title.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
5YUjkBR_d.jpg

"The expansion of the Arasaka Corporation in Night City led to the development of Japan town, as Japanese employees were eager to recreate a home away frome home. It is made of economic migrants (mostly from China and South-East Asia) as well as corporate expats. It is the richest[SUP]part[/SUP] of Watson. It is the town's go-to place for prostitution and gambling."

daegan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Oct 27, 2017
Oh, does Piggyback still get distribution in the US now that Prima folded?

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
Wow I just ordered the varsity jacket yesterday.

Won't be home from work for an hour, assume it will be gone by then.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did they give anything to the people who watched the gameplay demo at EGX last week ?

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
I wanted to get one but I heard it wasn't the reversible one they had at E3?

edit: Ah, thought so. That sucks.
The weird thing is, that the outside is actually better than the E3/demo one - it has more patches and has the "Samurai" font written down the right sleeve; so if you never planned on reversing it, you're actually getting the better bomber jacket lol

I don't see why they don't put the Cyberpunk 2077 logo on the inside where it's yellow and make it reversible - like how hard would that really be?

Chris McQueen

Self-requested ban
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
London
The weird thing is, that the outside is actually better than the E3/demo one - it has more patches and has the "Samurai" font written down the right sleeve; so if you never planned on reversing it, you're actually getting the better bomber jacket lol

I don't see why they don't put the Cyberpunk 2077 logo on the inside where it's yellow and make it reversible - like how hard would that really be?
I hate how much of a tease the yellow is:

MUQZlIh.jpg

I rue the day I missed out on buying the E3 jacket at a low price on ebay, as I thought they would be selling THAT one.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
You can have V speak in any supported VO language while having rest of the game in e.g. English. Kinda cool

f82d31epyw241.jpg

FoolsMilky

Sep 16, 2018

Thank you to /u/OnceBrokenNowWhole and /u/SineXous for these translations. (Decided to post both, but they're both in the Reddit thread as well)
• Apparently they are using 100+ voice actors and while that may not sound like anything to you, this is quite a lot. AAA open-world RPG TESV: Skyrim, for example, "only" had seventy (to give you something to compare this number to).
• They chose new voice actors (i.e. not ones from The Witcher) so people don't think "Huh, that character sounds like Yennifer or Ciri" or whatever.
• Lip syncing is not done manually but by an algorithm which is fed the VO file and then creates the appropriate animation.
• No censorship for the German version but there are "some regions" where they did have to change things to accommodate their censors.
• The hardest things to localize are jokes and songs.
• The story is going to be dark but also "very human" where people might get emotional and shed a tear or two.

1. guy on the right works in the localization department of CDPR
  2. dialogues and texts get developed in polish, then translated to english and from there translated to the different locales
  3. voice actors are chosen by either recommendation of existing studios in their respecting countries and/or voice samples that are sent to the studio. After a narrowed group they are invited to a live casting, where they have to speak some lines of the character.
  4. He can't say wether or not there will be Celeb/influencer voice actors, but they have some ideas. Celeb/influencer voice actors will only be taken in account if their voice fits and they can act with a high quality
  5. he estimates around 100 voice actors are/will be working for CP2077, around the same as for Wither 3. Some voice actors have multiple roles but not more than 4 or 5
  6. dialects and accents of the ingame characters are translated to the locales. So a spanish character will have a spanish accent in the game. For example in the german locale Jackie is spoken by a half german half spanish voice actor.
  7. Since english words are usually short there is allways the problem of names being too long in different languages and they are working together with the UI-Team to keep the number of abreviations low and make everything fit
  8. Lips ingame are synchronized for each locale by a software that works with a glossary and the voice over that translates the voice to lip movement, to minimize lips being asynchronous to the text
  9. Voice actors in CP2077 are mostly different to Witcher 3 to make sure the player doesn't link them to other charakters
  10. songs like are not translated.
  11. Important things will be translated and some things will stay english if the context fits or it's not translatable
  12. They have direct contact to Mike Pondsmith and everyone is told to reak the books
  13. There is no plan to cut/censor the german version, but the process of determining that is not over yet. There will be some versions that had to be altered slightly. He wasn't specific which one.
  14. The games story will be dark and emotional and "human" and he thinks that the player will shed one or two tears while playing

Also a good video by The Neon Arcade including superimposing the maps over each other.

Most notable things from that first post would be that there are about (maybe more) 100 voice actors, and they avoided using voice actors from the Witcher. Also the pretty cool fact of "For example in the german locale Jackie is spoken by a half german half spanish voice actor."

(By the way if anyone feels stuff that I post warrants a thread you can feel free to make it)

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California

Thank you to /u/OnceBrokenNowWhole and /u/SineXous for these translations. (Decided to post both, but they're both in the Reddit thread as well)

Also a good video by The Neon Arcade including superimposing the maps over each other.

Most notable things from that first post would be that there are about (maybe more) 100 voice actors, and they avoided using voice actors from the Witcher. Also the pretty cool fact of "For example in the german locale Jackie is spoken by a half german half spanish voice actor."

(By the way if anyone feels stuff that I post warrants a thread you can feel free to make it)

This is great, can't believe we're just a little over 4 months away!

FoolsMilky

Sep 16, 2018

YouTube user ZDEyE has mapped out where the original gameplay demo seems to take place on the Collector's Edition map.

Here is his diagram of the demo (Which is located in the top left section of the map)

H4XslzE.png

Here is the map from the Collector's Edition. Note that these is no confirmation of what this map even represents, or rather, how much of the playable game is represented by this map (100%, 75%, maybe the map is larger than the playable space, etc.)

CP-Map.png