Transistor

Outer Wilds Ventures Test Pilot
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Epileptic PSA: There are reports that animations and flashing lights in this game can cause seizures. Read this article for more information

Why is there controversy surrounding CD Projekt Red and Cyberpunk 2077?

CD Projekt Red has a history of transphobia. This is well documented at this point and not a matter of debate. Due to this context there is particular concern about transphobic or insensitive content in Cyberpunk 2077 itself, such as the decision to tie gender to voice in the character creator, and trans fetishization in illustrations in the game—and these are just examples from prerelease footage. Additionally, there have been concerns about racist imagery and stereotyping. This article goes into depth about some of these issues.

What incidents of transphobia have occurred surrounding the game and the company, and why are they hurtful?

This list will be updated over time as more examples come to light, especially as the game releases and more content is uncovered. If you wish to have something added to this list, please send me a DM and get my attention.

Why is ResetEra allowing an official thread for this game?

There has been a lot of discussion about whether there should even be an official thread for Cyberpunk 2077, and many points of view were considered for this decision. Ultimately, a thread like this can serve as a platform for minority concerns to be aired and discussed respectfully, and given appropriate attention. We've also heard from minority members, including some trans members, who have asked for a space where they can talk about the game without needing to worry about trolling and bigoted posting. We expect all posters in the thread to extend the consideration and empathy to give them that space. We will be moderating as strictly as necessary to make sure they do.

What can I do to help fight transphobia?

Transphobia exists in many aspects of our lives. From casual discrimination such as the continuous misuse of a person's preferred pronouns, to more serious ramifications such as housing being denied, legal rights being taken away, and being discriminated in the legal system. Every trans person either has experienced transphobia in their lives, or will experience transphobia at some point.

Moreover, transphobia is a systematic issue that is present in every level of our society. Politicians fight to take away our rights. Celebrities use coded language and religious justifications, if not outright hostility, in order to continue to deny our existence. Media continues to portray us as the butt of a joke, or acts like we're something to be fascinated by, rather than treated with respect.

Actions speak louder than words: Become active in your local politics, donate to transgender causes, stand up for these issues wherever they arise, and if you know transgender people in your life be there for them and support them.

Here are some pro-trans organizations around the world where you can make a donation and show your support
  • For those of you in the US, The Trevor Project is one of the leading LGBT organizations. They are dedicated to crisis intervention and suicide prevention for people who are in need of support, love, and care.
  • For those of you in the UK, Mermaids is dedicated to the support of transgender, non-binary, and gender-diverse children, young adults, and their families. They have been around since 1995, and have been one of the most vocal voices speaking out against transphobia in the UK, including showing the dangers that transphobia imposes upon our youth.
  • If you would like to donate to CDPR's native country of Poland, you can find the Trans-Fuzja Foundation website here. The Trans-Fuzja Foundation has been around since 2008, and is dedicated to the support of transgender people in Poland in many aspects of life and society, including politics.
We are your friends. We are your family members. We're your coworkers. We're the people you meet on the street. We're the essential workers who keep society running in a pandemic. We're everywhere. We're not some sort of freak or joke, and we're not going away.

I want to give major thanks to Uzzy for lending her talent, time, and effort in putting together graphics and material for this official thread. Without her, this would not have been possible on such short notice. I would also like to give a shout out and thanks to Kyuuji for allowing me to use images and links from her own thread for this posts.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
I don't understand how to set a right setting with HDR on this game.

If you're on Windows 10, make sure "Use HDR" in Settings>Display is on.

If HDR can't be enabled (greyed out):
1. If you're using a smart TV, make sure you have the settings enabled to detect HDR. For my Samsung QLED it automatically does it if I enable "Input Signal Plus" for the HDMI port my PC is connected to. If I don't do this, HDR won't work at all.
2. You may need to go to display drivers for your GPU (Nvidia Control Panel for example)->Display->Change resolution and select a setting. I'm PC 2560x1440 refresh at 120 Hz with the default color settings.

I had to repeat settings a bunch several months ago, I think both Nvidia and Windows has improved since then. Haven't touched it in several weeks.

Jumpman23

Nov 14, 2017
I'm struggling on which platform to play this on PS5 or Xbox Series X. Any comparisons between the two platforms out there yet?

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
So my PC runs a 2070 Super and and i7-7700

Would people recommend I pick this up on PC or PS5? I'm a bit concerned that my CPU won't handle it well.

Last edited:

warcrow

Oct 30, 2017
super-quick first impressions after 2 hours:

- After listening to several extremely critical and mostly ho-hum reviews/impressions overt he last 48 hours, I'm delighted with how much I'm enjoying this game. My expectations were lowered quite a bit, and so far I'm really have a good time.

- Playing on PS5 and the buttery-smooth frame rate (60fps) is extremely nice.

- The character models range from impressive to...pretty good.

- The VO is mostly pretty good.

- The many, many systems in the game = fantastic

- I've (somehow) only hit 2 bugs, and both were graphical and slight.

Overall, I'm kind of relieved this isn't a boring mess so far. Very intrigued by the story.

Jacking back in now...

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
I'm going to disable HDR on the PS5 version.

Watching my brother play on the series X and it looks much better.

HDR on the PS5 just makes it look far too dark.

Playing on an LG C9.

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
It is the temporary glitching effect after you wake up from braindance, combine it with the rain and it looks totally out of place.

The uploader is making it seem that it is running like shit, but it isn't.

yes, the blue glitching and the lights are part of that effect, but the building pop in and TAA ghosting is not

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017

Apparently this is the top ten

129979635_961265274398148_9093621554772203772_n.png

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
When is the magical day one patch they're leaning on going to go live? Be interesting to see if it does resolve the roughness for next gen consoles.

impingu1984

Oct 31, 2017
UK
So this game is the new Crysis (in terms of pushing PC's) eh

Digital foundry literally said that in the PC impressions video today...

There is a RT lighting setting labelled "psycho".. feels like it will be the new ubersampling setting (if anyone remembers that from the Witcher 2 on launch)... Basically nobody is running it now.. try in a year... But it could just be a fancy name for ultra?

Bubukill

Oct 25, 2017
Panama
yes, the blue glitching and the lights are part of that effect, but the building pop in and TAA ghosting is not

I saw a recent streaming from someone waking up from braindance and there was like some kind of building-misplacing glitch effect from it as well as ghosting. Same effects I'm seeing from that video.

Qassim

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Steam is the preferred PC platform, by far.

The Witcher 3 did very good numbers on GOG at launch. A month after launch CDPR said more people owned it on GOG than Steam (though this can be partially attributed to physical copies coming with GOG codes rather than Steam codes).

That was in 2015. I imagine GOG's uptake has only improved since then.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
The Witcher 3 did very good numbers on GOG at launch. A month after launch CDPR said more people owned it on GOG than Steam (though this can be partially attributed to physical copies coming with GOG codes rather than Steam codes).

That was in 2015. I imagine GOG's uptake has only improved since then.
Steam is growing too. The Witcher 3 hype was nowhere near Cyberpunk hype. The Cyberpunk hype reached the casual "GTA" gamers and they largely prefer Steam. I fully expect this release to beat the steam concurrent record for single-player game. It would be stranger if it didn't.