• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

orlock

Oct 28, 2017
god as soon as he popped up on screen, i was like, "man, would be wild if thats Adam Smasher" and lo and behold ITS FUCKING ADAM SMASHER!!!!!

i cant wait to see how the interactions go between him and head-ghost Johnny Silverhand.

RedPanda

Alt-Account
Banned
May 28, 2020
The graphics looked amazing - surely the best so far. Yep better than TLOU2.

I can't believe they showed The Witcher senses in Cyberpunk though, in their first episode. The entire chat was flooded with snooze emojis.

I still don't get what's stopping them from just printing a PS4 disc with a PS5 label and cover on it. It's not like when games boot up they even have a PS4 logo on it anyway. No one will know!
Not a single chance.like nop.

Deleted member 25128

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Lol I mentioned the awesome film Strange Days earlier and then suddenly cyberpunk has Braindance... obviously someone there liked the movie also :D

data

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting.

Detective mode can show bounty. I wonder if instead of looting eddies, you get it from bounties that show up for killing them

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
6FiDVPK.gif

This npc looks so good compared to what npcs in this type of game typically look like. FFS that hair looks so good. How the fuck.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
The trailer at the beginning was cool. But the gameplay they showed was underwhelming. I knew there would be something like the Witcher senses in this one and the stuff they showed already bored me to death. I hope this isn't something you have to do that often. I reminded me of those memory-recordings in Remember Me - a game I didn't play far because it was so boring.

Graphics are obviously great, but that driving section in the badlands was rough as fuck with loads of popup just like in The Witcher 3. But hey, they still have 5 months to polish this stuff.

I hope we see more interesting gameplay and combat in the next showing.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
any night time gameplay links?

also the volumetric lighting in this game is insane

Oct 27, 2017
For a long time Cyberpunk seemed to have a degree of mystery about it, almost like it was crowned as this incredible experience years before anyone even saw it.

The reality is it's still "just" a videogame. It's doing a lot of stuff we've obviously done before and has a familiar look, at least at face value. I'm sure it will be good but there are some mental hurdles to get over from a "disappointment" perspective.

eebster

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
6FiDVPK.gif

This npc looks so good compared to what npcs in this type of game typically look like. FFS that hair looks so good. How the fuck.

Yep those facial animations, the eyes and the hair make her look so incredibly realistic. Absolutely loving the facial graphics so far.
I just hope they have more than a handful of random NPC designs like TW3

s y

Nov 8, 2017
the desert area looks really rough. Few months till release, wonder how much it imrpoves.

FoolsMilky

Sep 16, 2018
Geoff Quotes

- "Felt like a place that you wanted to be in."
- "You can just carjack a car and drive(?)."
- "The scale of the world [and] level of detail really blew me away."
- "I love how fresh it feels ... unique and different, world feels so so fresh" (He talked earlier about how much of a "new IP" it felt like)
- "The voice acting and characters... super super compelling"
- "The gunplay is different" (Talked about it being more slow-paced)
- "More methodic style of gunplay ... a little more deliberate ... [had to] get used to it"
- "Hacking is in combat ... hack screens and distract people"
- "I believe everyone has the same first mission in the Prologue" ("The Pick-up" with Jackie)
- "The character design is phenomenal ... and it's not just like 'these 3 characters'"
- "You kinda become an investigator as V ... reminds me of sort of the Batman games"
- "Overall, it was pretty polished what I got to play"
- "Every character, you wanted to know their story ... the amount of art that went into it, and character design blows me away"
- "Johnny, you didn't even meet him in the game so far" (So I guess you're not meeting Johnny in the first 4 hours"
- "[When you first set up your character] You can spend your points across 5 core stats"
* There's a "Skip" button in the bottom right of the bar cutscene
- "GTA meets Blade Runner meets a little bit of Skyrim"
* There's a Stock Ticker (?) in the bottom right of your normal HUD

Summary
- "Blown away by the scale and scope of the world"
- "Question marks: combat, I didn't get to play on mouse and keyboard, so I'm curious how it plays on mouse and keyboard"
- "I need to get a [better] feel of the combat"
- "The driving felt pretty good to me ... but hard to get a sense until I get it on my own system"
- "I could tell there's already so much content in it"
- "I didn't [get to] do much extra exploring in the world"

Last edited:

Gassy_N0va

Oct 27, 2017
Clearly I'm a boring person, because I loved that Brainddance sequence. Definitely not what I expected most of the episode to be about, but it looks super cool and has lots of potential outside of flatliners. Hopefully you can set it to where the game doesn't give you hints as to where to look for clues.

Status
Not open for further replies.