• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
EbX4oZPWAAA5qXt
Looks like the character creation aspect is intact at least, lmao at being able to be circumcised or not.

Huxley

Feb 20, 2019
I hope i can roleplay as the ultimate normcore character. Plain clothing, no piecings, no tattoos, no implants, plain hairstyle in a natural color. I want to look as out of place as possible.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Some great footage being shown on the IGN YouTube stream. They're also interviewing Pawel Sasko (lead quest designer).

Seems like you meet Jackie in an early mission when you're trying to steal his car. Kinda funny.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Some great footage being shown on the IGN YouTube stream. They're also interviewing Pawel Sasko (lead quest designer).

Seems like you meet Jackie in an early mission when you're trying to steal his car. Kinda funny.
The corpo path seemed to know him from before. I think the car thing is if you're a nomad or street kid.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like I definitely want to wait for the next gen patch. I dont want to walk around a city with like 10 people on screen at once

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I hope i can roleplay as the ultimate normcore character. Plain clothing, no piecings, no tattoos, no implants, plain hairstyle in a natural color. I want to look as out of place as possible.

Your user name just brought back some serious memories lol.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
I didn't even get defensive about it. I just said I don't get it. Sorry if you felt attacked or shit ... but I genuinly just don't get it.
Well, calling criticism "hyperbole" isn't what I'd call "just not getting it", but maybe that's more of a communicational issue between the two of us than anything.

With regards to the gameplay itself, though: I wouldn't even call it bad myself, it's just clunky/janky. I know that there are folks who enjoy stuff like that, that's fine. I personally don't. Don't think there's much more to say about this, though. It's mechanically sound, but I just don't like it enough in terms of execution and polish.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Well, calling criticism "hyperbole" isn't what I'd call "just not getting it", but maybe that's more of a communicational issue between the two of us than anything.

With regards to the gameplay itself, though: I wouldn't even call it bad myself, it's just clunky/janky. I know that there are folks who enjoy stuff like that, that's fine. I personally don't. Don't think there's much more to say about this, though. It's mechanically sound, but I just don't like it enough in terms of execution and polish.

To clarify the hyperbole part a bit, some people (not you) talk about it like as if it plays like *insert extreme eurojank game here* (Risen, Gothic, Elex ... don't judge me I like Piranhy Bytes and their titles are the first to come in my mind thinking about eurojank). So that remark was more aimed at the really out there thoughts on the gameplay.

Sorry again if it came across as trying to diminish others opinions, I just type out what I think sometimes without reflecting on how others might read it.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
To clarify the hyperbole part a bit, some people (not you) talk about it like as if it plays like *insert extreme eurojank game here* (Risen, Gothic, Elex ... don't judge me I like Piranhy Bytes and their titles are the first to come in my mind thinking about eurojank). So that remark was more aimed at the really out there thoughts on the gameplay.

Sorry again if it came across as trying to diminish others opinions, I just type out what I think sometimes without reflecting on how others might read it.
Yeah, I get what you mean and which thoughts you're referring to with that.

Don't worry about it, I was simply a tad negatively surprised in the moment. I'm glad that we could resolve the matter, though.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Interesting thing to note: The desert pop-in that was visible on the Night City Wire broadcast doesn't appear on the b-roll. I wonder if that was just a rare bug and not an actual problem with most players.

halfjoey

Nov 26, 2017
For a professional presenter, Geoff Knightly says an insane amount of "Umm" and "But umm". Literally multiple times in one sentence.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Yeah, I get what you mean and which thoughts you're referring to with that.

Don't worry about it, I was simply a tad negatively surprised in the moment. I'm glad that we could resolve the matter, though.

Yeah glad we could sort that out.

On another note related to this thread: Just imagine what they could in multiplayer with the braindancing (brain dancing?). Could be really cool.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
The Verge also really liked it. They seemed especially impressed with the amount of freedom and choice on display.

After playing a small slice of Cyberpunk 2077 — approximately four hours, including the opening character customization and the in-game combat tutorials — that's my big takeaway: this game has an almost preposterous amount of freedom of choice and customization. You can look however you want, talk and act however you want, and pretty much handle any situation in a half-dozen different ways, to the point that making any one decision can feel very overwhelming.

Yet, that combination of depth and scope will be the undeniable strength of what CD Projekt Red has produced here. This game has all of the staples of a polished action RPG like Square Enix's excellent Deus Ex or a classic Bethesda title, and fans of Grand Theft Auto will feel right at home exploring Night City by car or motorcycle. But it combines all of that with the Polish studio's world-class writing any player of The Witcher 3 will recognize, achieving what's shaping up to be an unprecedented hybrid of RPG genres in a context far away from the typical fantasy or post-apocalyptic settings you might be used to.

But with expectations as high as possible and another delay announced earlier this month to give it time to polish, CD Projekt Red is taking a gamble that Cyberpunk 2077 will be worth it. With its abundance of choice around playstyles, character personality, and narrative, the game wants to offer a bit of everything to everyone. It's a slick action title, a deep and meaty narrative RPG with consequential decision-making, and a wildly immersive simulation of daily urban life in the far future all rolled into one.

After my brief time with an experience that feels worthy of dozens if not hundreds of hours, I'm willing to believe CD Projekt Red may have actually pulled this juggling act off.

www.theverge.com

Cyberpunk 2077 hands-on: Night City overflows with choices

Cyberpunk 2077 has an almost preposterous amount of player freedom.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Interesting thing to note: The desert pop-in that was visible on the Night City Wire broadcast doesn't appear on the b-roll. I wonder if that was just a rare bug and not an actual problem with most players.

Supposedly assets popping in and out is one of more prevalent bugs.

For a professional presenter, Geoff Knightly says an insane amount of "Umm" and "But umm". Literally multiple times in one sentence.

Talking without script that is rehearsed 100 times Vs. speaking without script while trying to remember things, points etc. to talk about

halfjoey

Nov 26, 2017
Talking without script that is rehearsed 100 times Vs. speaking without script while trying to remember things, points etc. to talk about

Thats still not a great excuse. The guy is a professional presenter and I would think would trained himself out of all the "But like" "But Umm" "And Umm"

He was saying more Umms than a teenager who didn't practice their class presentation. I appreciate him giving good impressions, it was just weird to see such a professional guy speaking like that. I assume he could also be tired and didn't have a lot of time to play it before giving his impressions. He did say he took notes.
I normally dont even notice a few "Umm" or "Like", but he was out of control with it.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Thats still not a great excuse. The guy is a professional presenter and I would think would trained himself out of all the "But like" "But Umm" "And Umm"

He was saying more Umms than a teenager who didn't practice their class presentation. I appreciate him giving good impressions, it was just weird to see such a professional guy speaking like that. I assume he could also be tired and didn't have a lot of time to play it before giving his impressions. He did say he took notes.
I normally dont even notice a few "Umm" or "Like", but he was out of control with it.
What is your deal?