• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, it's really time for them to show of some new gameplay. Let people know if there are any dramatic differences to the old 48 minute demo.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
Jeez a lot of people complaining and entitled.

I don't care if we get no screenshots or gameplay. I've seen and heard all I need. Just let them work on finishing it up. I'll be there day 1.

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Jeez a lot of people complaining and entitled.

I don't care if we get no screenshots or gameplay. I've seen and heard all I need. Just let them work on finishing it up. I'll be there day 1.

Saying what you prefer to see from a game and your opinion on what you can currently see is not being "entitled", especially when they want you to buy something from them. Bad marketing is bad marketing. The game is certainly far along enough to post the odd mood-setter screen.

Last edited:

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Based on the lack of footage I'm guessing the performance is less than great on the base Xbox/PS4.

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Saying what you prefer to see from a game and your opinion on what you can currently see is not being "entitled". Bad marketing is bad marketing. The game is certainly far along enough to post the odd mood-setter screen.
Agreed.

If they want to satiate me until September, show us some gameplay in the rain in Watson or Westbrook - at nightšŸ¤˜
Based on the lack of footage I'm guessing the performance is less than great on the base Xbox/PS4.
They're not going to be that much different from the Xbox One X and the PS4 Pro versions - just LOD, texture quality and slight framerate differences.

It'll be like a PC game set to medium [Xbox One/PS4] vs high settings [Xbox One X/PS4 Pro].

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
BOOM!:
Adam Kiciński said:
"Since mid-March we have been working from home, while ensuring continuity of all our of operations," Kiciński said.

"Our goals haven't changed; first and foremost, we intend to release Cyberpunk 2077 in September. We feel motivated and have the necessary tools at our disposal to meet this goal.

"We also believe that our longstanding strategy of avoiding debt and accumulating cash reserves makes us well prepared to meet any hardships which may be in store during these troubled times," he added.

Kiciński reiterated in a press release on Wednesday: "Our plans haven't changed ā€“ we're steaming towards the September release of Cyberpunk."
www.videogameschronicle.com

CD Projekt insists Cyberpunk 2077 release plans ā€˜havenā€™t changedā€™ | VGC

Developer switched to remote working in Marchā€¦

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
šŸ¤˜

It would be even cooler due to it matching the year the game takes place - as well as the game releasing in 2020 to match the Cyberpunk 2020 P&P game.

Heyyy that's true I forgot the year the P&P game was set. 20th June release and pen and paper yeah would be crazy fantasy levels of brilliance.
I guess that's a Saturday though when games release on Friday in certain places.

PixelatedDonut

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Philly ā¤ļø
I'm starting to get annoyed with the obsession of marketing strategies here. Like it 2020, we all know that companies ramp up marketing close to release. And you'll probably be able to find a full play though on YouTube before you can even boot the game.

Video Kojima

Banned
Apr 5, 2020
Kind of weird thing to share. Game releases in September, why not show more. Or better yet, wait until closer to September to show the game more elaborately?

Or make fans happy by moving the game forward? July or June release would be nice. May would be even better.

Dajanksta

Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully, they release more info soon. I'm so damn thirsty for games since this and TLOU2 have been delayed. Getting tired of only playing multiplayer games and can only play so much RDR2 lol.

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Thanks, lol. I hope you're doing the OP for this game, your enthusiasm for CP2077 is unmatched on here.
Thank you! It is my most anticipated game by far. I've been waiting for a Cyberpunk video game since I first played the Cyberpunk pen & paper tabletop game back in 1988-89 and Cyberpunk 2020 in 1990. Blade Runner is my favorite movie, so the setting, atmosphere and aesthetics gelled with me immediatelyšŸ‘

I am doing the OT and vestan is my co-pilot. It's going to be amazingšŸ¤˜

Dajanksta

Oct 28, 2017
Thank you! It is my most anticipated game by far. I've been waiting for a Cyberpunk video game since I first played the Cyberpunk pen & paper tabletop game back in 1988-89 and Cyberpunk 2020 in 1990. Blade Runner is my favorite movie, so the setting, atmosphere and aesthetics gelled with me immediatelyšŸ‘

Nice. I'm excited when we finally get to that time.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018

Vestan too, I can't wait to see the OP now. I'm fairly new to the Cyberpunk genre but I've watched enough movies like Blade Runner/2049, Akira, GiTS 2.0/Innocence, Escape from New York and more over the years to keep me knowledgeable on everything it's all about. Not to mention my love of Synthwave/Dark Synth as an 80's child.
I hope CDPR pull this off, it means a lot.

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Vestan too, I can't wait to see the OP now. I'm fairly new to the Cyberpunk genre but I've watched enough movies like Blade Runner/2049, Akira, GiTS 2.0/Innocence, Escape from New York and more over the years to keep me knowledgeable on everything it's all about. Not to mention my love of Synthwave/Dark Synth as an 80's child.
I hope CDPR pull this off, it means a lot.
It's going to be quite something - vestan is top-of-the-line, bleeding-edge and the best there is when it comes to graphic design and I am beyond excited to be working with a true master of the medium.

So, you're fairly new to the Cyberpunk genre and you might need a few suggestions for movies, games and music that best represent the genre to check out you say?...

...I've got you covered!

Check out this thread I made back in June 2018 - it covers the movies, games and music required to get yourself better acquainted and immersed in the pure bliss and majesty that is the Cyberpunk genrešŸ¤˜

As to CDPR pulling this off properly - I have no doubts. It's one thing to think that this game might not do/review well; but in my thinking it's going to be the GOAT Cyberpunk gamešŸ‘šŸ»šŸ„ƒšŸ˜Ž

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
It's going to be quite something - @vestan is top-of-the-line, bleeding-edge and the best there is when it comes to graphic design and I am beyond excited to be working with a true master of the medium.
You got me grinning side to side like an idiot my dude :D

Yeah, the CP2077 OT is gonna be summin' else. It'd be up soon if the game didn't get delayed šŸ˜”

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017

I'd be anticipating sub 30 frame rates with less than 1080P and other issues. We are on the cusp of a new generation, the game is ambitious, and these consoles are very old.

But who knows, maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised. I hope on the other hand that texture quality etc maxed out on PC and next gen is suitably detailed.

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
You got me grinning side to side like an idiot my dude :D

Yeah, the CP2077 OT is gonna be summin' else. It'd be up soon if the game didn't get delayed šŸ˜”
Keep grinning - you've more than earned it and you deserve the accolades my friendšŸ¤˜

I know, right? The delay announcement still hurts...šŸ˜”

...but - you and I are going to create some magic here come September 14th!

HotSauceMaven

Oct 9, 2018
6th Street
6th_Street_Icon.png
6th_Street_Text_Logotype.png
Animals
Animals_Icon.png
Animals_Text_Logotype.png
MAELSTROM
Maelstrom_Icon.png
Maelstrom_Text_Logotype.png
The Mox
Moxes_Full_Logotype.png
Moxes_Text_Logotype.png
Tyger Claw
Tyger_Claw_Icon.png
Tyger_Claws_Text_Logotype.png
Valentinos
Valentinos_Icon.png
Valentinos_Logotype.png
Voodoo Boys
Voodoo_Boys_Icon.png
Voodoo_Boys_Text_Logotype.png
From the source posted above : https://gamingroute.com/cp2077goa/
Gangs sure love their skulls.

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Not to mention my love of Synthwave/Dark Synth as an 80's child.
I too adore Synthwave!

I really, really REALLY hope that there is a Synthwave radio station in the game!

To me, Synthwave perfectly fits the mood and atmosphere of Cyberpunk. Sure, some techno-industrial/techno-punk music is needed as well; I just hope that there is a healthy dose of Synthwave present along side those genres to give everybody a win.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
I too adore Synthwave!

I really, really REALLY hope that there is a Synthwave radio station in the game!

To me, Synthwave perfectly fits the mood and atmosphere of Cyberpunk. Sure, some techno-industrial/techno-punk music is needed as well; I just hope that there is a healthy dose of Synthwave present along side those genres to give everybody a win.

Gotta reply to both of your posts here. That link you sent was everything, I have most of the movies in that thread on Blu-ray so time for a rewatch. I'll look into getting the others.

I've loved synthwave music for the longest of times I just didn't know what the genre was called. Hotline Miami was where I really got into it and I've started making my own. It's been fun I just love synth.

and you're right I really want to know if Cyberpunk has synthwave or whatever because I haven't really liked any of the music they've shown for the game thus far.
Is it true that the Dredd composer is on board for this? I feel like I read that somewhere.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
They said the September release is still happening, although anything could happen. Just hurts knowing we could have been playing this in a little over then a week from now if the original date was kept. Would have been a bright spot in these dark times.

Holy shit, it sure would have been. Ah well, still tons of amazing stuff in my backlog.

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Gotta reply to both of your posts here. That link you sent was everything, I have most of the movies in that thread on Blu-ray so time for a rewatch. I'll look into getting the others.

I've loved synthwave music for the longest of times I just didn't know what the genre was called. Hotline Miami was where I really got into it and I've started making my own. It's been fun I just love synth.

and you're right I really want to know if Cyberpunk has synthwave or whatever because I haven't really liked any of the music they've shown for the game thus far.
Is it true that the Dredd composer is on board for this? I feel like I read that somewhere.
Thank you! That thread is very comprehensive and anything I missed was covered by other postsšŸ‘

If you like Synthwave, check out these artists:

ā€¢ Perturbator
ā€¢ Lazerhawk
ā€¢ Gunship
ā€¢ Carpenter Brut
ā€¢ Cloud Battalion
ā€¢ The Neon Droid
ā€¢ Robert Parker
ā€¢ Miami Nights 1984
ā€¢ Dance With The Dead [Totentanz]
ā€¢ Kavinsky
ā€¢ Street Cleaner
ā€¢ Electric Dragon
ā€¢ Daniel Deluxe
ā€¢ Dynatron
ā€¢ Power Glove
ā€¢ Grum
ā€¢ Com Truise
ā€¢ Mitch Murder
ā€¢ Scandroid
ā€¢ FM Attack
ā€¢ Occams Laser
ā€¢ Le Matos
ā€¢ Turbo Knight
ā€¢ Caspro
ā€¢ Waveshaper
ā€¢ Droid Bishop
ā€¢ GosT
ā€¢ Celldweller

All are a great listenšŸ¤˜
They said the September release is still happening, although anything could happen. Just hurts knowing we could have been playing this in a little over then a week from now if the original date was kept. Would have been a bright spot in these dark times.
Agreed 110%

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
Thank you! That thread is very comprehensive and anything I missed was covered by other postsšŸ‘

If you like Synthwave, check out these artists:

ā€¢ Perturbatorā˜‘
ā€¢ Lazerhawkā˜‘
ā€¢ Gunshipā˜‘
ā€¢ Carpenter Brutā˜‘
ā€¢ Cloud Battalion
ā€¢ The Neon Droidā˜‘
ā€¢ Robert Parker
ā€¢ Miami Nights 1984ā˜‘
ā€¢ Dance With The Dead [Totentanz]ā˜‘
ā€¢ Kavinskyā˜‘
ā€¢ Street Cleaner
ā€¢ Electric Dragon
ā€¢ Daniel Deluxe
ā€¢ Dynatronā˜‘
ā€¢ Power Gloveā˜‘
ā€¢ Grum
ā€¢ Com Truiseā˜‘
ā€¢ Mitch Murder
ā€¢ Scandroidā˜‘
ā€¢ FM Attack
ā€¢ Occams Laser
ā€¢ Le Matos
ā€¢ Turbo Knightā˜‘
ā€¢ Caspro
ā€¢ Waveshaperā˜‘
ā€¢ Droid Bishop
ā€¢ GosTā˜‘
ā€¢ Celldwellerā˜‘ following his music productions on Instagram.

All are a great listenšŸ¤˜

These are all the ones I've heard their music, all amazing so thanks for the rest of the recommendations. Lorn is another one I like.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
I'm never too fussed about whether I like the radio music in games with radio stations - on PC you can make your own radio stations. (And on consoles you can still use Spotify, right?)