• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BrassDragon

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Maybe Cyberpunk 2077 is trying to get away from the trope that monumental character choices are always part of a dialogue wheel and gives you more options to define yourself by your actions.

For example:
- What if I cut an honourable deal with Royce and Maelstrom provides me with black market tech for the rest of the game?
- What if I manage to steal the flathead without being noticed and let Militech deal with Maelstrom when I'm far away?
- What if I ambush the meet with Meredith Stout and free the prisoner in the armoured car?
etc.

Exentryk

Oct 25, 2017
DjRgABj.gif

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017

This was probably a highlight for me, nighttime, the miltech bot flying towards you to scan whether or not you've survived and the corporat arriving at the scene shortly after, it just shows massive attention to detail.

Jackie putting the bot into the trunk was also pretty sweet, just showed that the spider-bot is not something artificial that can vanish into a thin air, but a normal item in an upcoming transaction.

KrAzY

Sep 2, 2018
Does anyone know if there will be an option in the game to be full chrome? Similar to the model on the red carpet in the E3 trailer. That would be awesome!

BabyMurloc

Oct 29, 2017
This was probably a highlight for me, nighttime, the miltech bot flying towards you to scan whether or not you've survived and the corporat arriving at the scene shortly after, it just shows massive attention to detail.

Jackie putting the bot into the trunk was also pretty sweet, just showed that the spider-bot is not something artificial that can vanish into a thin air, but a normal item in an upcoming transaction.

Objects being actual objects is the best, really good for immersion. I got a little worried about the epic assault rifle, hopefully this won't be a loot rpg.

ThePhoque

Jun 6, 2018
Novigrad
I have watched this Amazing Trailer for almost 6 times now ! Every goddamn time i get surprised when V heads in to the town and goes to the Clinic's rout.
Although the graphic could get better, But even in this state it looks very nice. some small glitches are present in this trailer ( like there's a NPC which disappears in the corner or some shadows flickering issue and etc. )
which are likely to get fixed by the time it is released.
How ever i have some questions! Can we join any faction we want ? for example i'd like to join the Maelstrom gang. is it possible? can i make my V look like them?
are there different places or even maps than Night City ? is CDPR planning to add Moon or mars or Venus to the game? ( Vanilla or DLC ) if they are planning to add flying cars to the game
can we ride them in Night city or are they available only in certain maps? ( moon for example )

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Objects being actual objects is the best, really good for immersion. I got a little worried about the epic assault rifle, hopefully this won't be a loot rpg.

I think that was for presentation purposes.

Though I didn't like the look of that assault rifle, too wide, when it assembled into a slim shape I hoped it would stay that way but nope, hopefully there'll be different ARs cause that one is a bust for me. :p

BabyMurloc

Oct 29, 2017

Though I didn't like the look of that assault rifle, too wide, when it assembled into a slim shape I hoped it would stay that way but nope, hopefully there'll be different ARs cause that one is a bust for me. :p

I think they had a Militech Mini-Gatling there so I think they'll have a good selection of guns from the sourcebooks. It'll be a heady mix of nostalgia and cutting edge video gaming.

Exentryk

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know much about the source material, but is there anything that uses drones that can seek and shoot at enemies autonomously? Like you build up a team of 4-5 drones that do all the killings while you hack/tank/etc? Would love some of these alternate styles of play.

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
TBH graphically it doesn't look that good to be next gen only.
Based on the rendering alone, it definitely looks like a current gen title. Digital Foundry indicated that there's not even a single screen-space reflection in the entire demo and that it's all cubemaps (if I recall correctly). Shadows are iffy at times and character models, while good, aren't the best I've seen either.

It's only when you combine everything with the massive scale, no loading times, and massive number of NPCs perfoming complex AI routines that it becomes a bit questionable for current-gen CPUs.

Deleted member 11018

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know much about the source material, but is there anything that uses drones that can seek and shoot at enemies autonomously? Like you build up a team of 4-5 drones that do all the killings while you hack/tank/etc? Would love some of these alternate styles of play.

There are attack drones and bots you can buy but tech has evolved since 2020 xD
the flying drone we see in the demo accompanying the Corp lady, i didn't know that one.
Flying ones used to be too light to carry any weapon with high recoil or heavy weight, so they embarqued SMGs, micromissiles, small lasers... in 2077 i bet they can get whatever they want airborne and shooting big calibre mounted guns.

Exentryk

Oct 25, 2017
There are attack drones and bots you can buy but tech has evolved since 2020 xD
the flying drone we see in the demo accompanying the Corp lady, i didn't know that one.
Flying ones used to be too light to carry any weapon with high recoil or heavy weight, so they embarqued SMGs, micromissiles, small lasers... in 2077 i bet they can get whatever they want airborne and shooting big calibre mounted guns.
Looking forward to seeing what options we have in store for us.

ArnoldJRimmer

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Frankly the only thing that kind of bothered me about the otherwise great demo was the gamepad gameplay. I cant stand the tank like, glacial movements of playing first person games with thumbsticks.

Would live to see more fast paced, non tank like, mouse and keyboard demo in the future.

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I cant wait for this game. The only thing that has me worries is the fact that the protagonist is voiced which means the range of personalities you can project onto him/her is going to be limited, and I want to make an edgy cyborg ninja.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Frankly the only thing that kind of bothered me about the otherwise great demo was the gamepad gameplay. I cant stand the tank like, glacial movements of playing first person games with thumbsticks.

Would live to see more fast paced, non tank like, mouse and keyboard demo in the future.
I've played enough FPS's to know what the difference will look and feel like.

You have to consider they're pandering to the larger audience. While I'm sure PC is the preferred platform, the majority of sales will be on console.

Älg

Banned
May 13, 2018

You have to consider they're pandering to the larger audience. While I'm sure PC is the preferred platform, the majority of sales will be on console.
There's also the fact that KB/M gameplay just isn't as visually appealing. It's more jittery and less legible. Almost all games are demoed with a gamepad; I don't think it's about pandering.

tuxfool

Oct 25, 2017
There's also the fact that KB/M gameplay just isn't as visually appealing. It's more jittery and less legible. Almost all games are demoed with a gamepad; I don't think it's about pandering.
Eh.

I thought DOOM looked like shit, until I saw that Nvidia demo played with mkb.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I cant wait for this game. The only thing that has me worries is the fact that the protagonist is voiced which means the range of personalities you can project onto him/her is going to be limited, and I want to make an edgy cyborg ninja.
Yeah I'm quite worried you're going to be vaguely chicano sounding upstart no matter what.

Deleted member 11018

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

You won't be able to be a borg, the main character remaining human seems to be the story's spinal cord.So we can kiss good buy to full bods.

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
You won't be able to be a borg, the main character remaining human seems to be the story's spinal cord.So we can kiss good buy to full bods.
Meh, as long as I can stealthily double jump my way through missions and swing around a katana Im good (there seems to be a place for it in the player's armory).

Also, ye humanity seems to be a big part of the game, BUT its because of the implication that you can lose it, as it was noticed that mods have a "humanity" cost so maybe there is an ability to go too far and go full borg after all, in every sense of the word. Ya know, player choice/consequence and all that.

Deleted member 11018

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Meh, as long as I can stealthily double jump my way through missions and swing around a katana Im good (there seems to be a place for it in the player's armory).

Also, ye humanity seems to be a big part of the game, BUT its because of the implication that you can lose it, as it was noticed that mods have a "humanity" cost so maybe there is an ability to go too far and go full borg after all, in every sense of the word. Ya know, player choice/consequence and all that.

Would be nice to be able to do as we wish but I am anchoring to that posted a few pages ago:
How much cyberware CAN you put in? As much as a cyberpyscho? Can you go cyberpsycho?

June 18/18 Max Pears: "You won't upgrade yourself to implement your cyberwear as much as cyberpychos. Because if we allow players to do so, the story will go wrong. Our priority is story of course...there is a limit."
and keep my scope of potential action in check.

ArnoldJRimmer

Banned
Aug 22, 2018

Maybe but Last i checked pc witcher 3 sales were on par with sony and xbox was a distant third. Thats like 40% of their audience right there. Not to mention that it just looks better.

ArnoldJRimmer

Banned
Aug 22, 2018

Gamepad gameplay feels like your controlling some robot. Mouse feels fluid and realistic. You can always increase mouse smoothing for presentations sakes.

The only time gamepad like movement work is whennits not, in otherwirds its just a scripted camera moving around the scene. But the moment you give the controls to a person, its like watching one of police disarm bots.

Last edited:

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I play most games with a gamepad on my PC. If it's not a competitive title, I always prefer that as I'm more comfortable with it. I'm completely fine with them showing the controller gameplay.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I dont think there is either... except that i personally feelnit looks stilted and ugly.

Im just hoping they include mouse and keyboard play at some point.
Maybe in the future they will once they start showcasing more to the game and public. But early on from a marketing perspective it makes complete sense that, since MS seems to be partnered with them, that they'll largely showcase gameplay with Xbox gamepad buttons.

I don't know if I'm recalling right, but when Witcher 3 was coming out I don't remember ever seeing PS4 or PC with m+k gameplay.

tuxfool

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else noticed how she fired a bullet at the end of the reload animation?

The guns are probably physicalized in the worldspace.

It also means that the bullets probably spawn from the barrel of the gun, instead of the center of the screen. However we'd have so see the bullets damage something to confirm that.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN

This game will have loot.

CDPR has mentioned that weapons will be modular and player will be able to change behavior of their weapons through them. Also there will be different qualities of weapons, like seen in this gameplay. Then there is just getting cooler clothes for V.

Would be nice to be able to do as we wish but I am anchoring to that posted a few pages ago:

and keep my scope of potential action in check.
Thats kinda disappointing to hear but I guess its better to get expectations in check.

Also cyberpsychosis means that you fully lose your mind and all control of yourself, in a way it's end game state when it happens to you as you will be put down. There is even special police force called MAX-TAC aka Psycho Squad that is just for hunting down and putting down these people who have gone full metal and entered cyberpsychosis.

Cop we saw in original teaser was member of Psycho Squad.
68beeede96ff88357573e0ab7d88884b.jpeg

Oct 31, 2017
This game will have loot.

CDPR has mentioned that weapons will be modular and player will be able to change behavior of their weapons through them. Also there will be different qualities of weapons, like seen in this gameplay. Then there is just getting cooler clothes for V.
Having some loot (ie. pretty much every RPG ever made) and being a "loot RPG" are two very different things.
I'm definitely hoping this is not going to be another Borderlands, where you are constantly switching your gear/weapons for something marginally better level after level.

The hope is that equipment in the game is designed with consistency in mind.

Example of shit I don't want to see:
"Here's your top-of-the-line corporate rifle lvl 5" -> "...Aaaand now it's garbage compared to this peashooter lvl 20".