Status
Not open for further replies.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
I feel more comfortable with 3rd person I think and choose it when an option. But it's in no way a deal breaker to play this first person. Dishonored, Deus Ex etc. are magnificent games too. So hype stays the same.

Last edited:

Coreda

SVG Wizard
Oct 26, 2017
Where did the info about there being a third/first-person option in past threads come from in that case?

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

These tweets are too much man

PjD78YS.gif

Oct 31, 2017
I'm personally very happy to hear that it's first person. I actually liked Skyrim/Fallout more than the Witcher series(or even previous GTAs) .
I really, really didn't, and in fact I liked them even less than OTHER first person RPGs available on PC.

Besides, melee and martial arts used to be a pretty significant part of the pen&paper combat, but now chances they'll be implemented in a convincing and satisfying way are lowering significantly.

Coreda

SVG Wizard
Oct 26, 2017
Old design concept slides from presentation that took place in like 2014.

Pity it didn't make it. Was hoping to be able to see more of the player customization options while roaming but seems like visual augmentation elements have become a thing instead? Haven't caught up with latest demo impressions fwiw.

That was what they aimed for back in 2013, but as I already said a year ago, they trashed all they had, changed game director and started over when they're done with The Witcher.

Hmm, that's odd, as I'm pretty sure a topic here this year re-stated this in the OP and I had someone remind me it would have a third-person option and not to worry. Anyhow, apparently not.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
I really, really didn't, and in fact I liked them even less than OTHER first person RPGs available on PC.

Besides, melee and martial arts used to be a pretty significant part of the pen&paper combat, but now chances they'll be implemented in a convincing and satisfying way are lowering significantly.
What would be a convincing way? Doing combos in third person like a brawler?

Franco_Tech

Oct 30, 2017
I don't think it's a "FPS", it's likely first-person perspective RPG (like the many that exist, such as Bloodlines or Morrowind), and it'll have guns and other abilities like the Cyberpunk franchise already has (the TTRPG), just because Fallout New Vegas has first person and guns doesn't make it a FPS, it's a RPG, DOOM is a FPS. The press and people are generally really bad using the term so loosely.

Cyberpunk is a RPG franchise, would be stupid as hell to get its creator to work on the game and use the IP when you don't want to make a RPG but a FPS instead, considering there are various roles that do not have an emphasis on guns at all like the Netrunner.
Man I hope so I want it to be full RPG not a FPS with RPG elements. I hope they can make third person available latter.

zon

Oct 28, 2017
Makes me wonder how melee combat will be handled, personally I prefer using guns if the option is there so first person is fine with me.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
And you thought the sun was your biggest problem....

Still waiting for any gameplay footage, can't wait to dive into this crazy world. I am curious how CDPR will incorporate a highly advanced tech world into the gameplay.

GenTask

Nov 15, 2017
1st person only during regular gameplay is a massive bummer for me. Hopefully, that'll be the only one.

1st person is disappointing, unless it's 1st person in the same way that Skyrim and Fallout are first person

Well, I mean it makes sense. The PnP Gun/Sword combat is lethal. A headshot by a bullet can be fatal and your character can be done at that point (re-roll time). So if they are translating that, especially against opponents, you will want precision aim. The gunplay we're talking here is like a Hong Kong flick with Chow Yun Fat unloading clips everywhere. The fights are fast and deadly.

boskee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
London

I am really disappointed. I heard it was FPP, but I still held some hope they're going to do it GTA style. Welp, hype went down dramatically.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they show off some non-combat gameplay. Or I should say I hope a non-combat gamestyle that doesn't involve killing people all the time is an option.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Having to do side mission content before tackling bigger main story objectives. Without variety that can be very, very bad. Look at Mafia 3.

I doubt they will gate the main story. It would much more likely be a system that makes sense within the context of the world. Like, would you really expect to be able to have access to the top people in the big corps of the city while you're still a relative nobody?

Status
Not open for further replies.