Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
a5e3ea28cdc7aadbd979b481dd4724ed2351639a24c59bbfc325bcc0be7f5f3c_1.jpg

NullPointer

Oct 27, 2017
Mars
It was originally slated to come out on my birthday, which was cool...

Except that I was still going to wait until next gen consoles before picking it up anyway, so this is also cool.

Wulfer

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Can you say Special XSX marketing is coming and slick design consoles for the launch. Yes you can!

Shevek

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa
Told you guys it's not coming out in April. Hopefully they manage to hit the September deadline, but I'd be cautious about it too given the state of the game.

I know their announcement said it is 'complete and playable', but is it not entirely content complete? I can't imagine that a five month delay wouldn't be enough for polish and bug fixing.

It's definitely going to be very interesting to read about this game's development once it releases regardless of what the reception ends up being.

boskee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
London
I know their announcement said it is 'complete and playable', but is it not entirely content complete? I can't imagine that a five month delay wouldn't be enough for polish and bug fixing.

It's definitely going to be very interesting to read about this game's development once it releases regardless of what the reception ends up being.
I believe it's quality issues, not missing content.

Last edited:

KefkaPalazzo

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing how Ori, Doom Eternal, Resident Evil 3, and FF7 all come out back to back to back to back, I think I can deal with this.

And while they aren't on my priority list, Nioh 2, Animal Crossing, and Half Life are all out in that timeframe too. We are still stacked.

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017
GTA V anniversary. Interesting.

Can't believe I'm getting to a point in my life when game delays make me feel more relief than disappointment. Fucking backlog!

FullWalter

Mar 13, 2018
Take all the time you need, don't crush, etc etc

But give me a fucking break about a 5 month delay 3 months from the announced date. I don't have a problem with a delay, I have a problem with the communication. Like a lot people, I had vacation time requested at work. Respect your audience enough to be honest and announce a delay earlier. Respect my time.

Omega.X

Oct 28, 2017
That Miyamoto quote doesn't exactly apply to today's games. Plenty of games have been massively improved by large patches/content updates over their lifespan.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Take all the time you need, don't crush, etc etc

But give me a fucking break about a 5 month delay 3 months from the announced date. I don't have a problem with a delay, I have a problem with the communication. Like a lot people, I had vacation time requested at work. Respect your audience enough to be honest and announce a delay earlier. Respect my time.
How about you respect yourself and don't make the same mistake again.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Seeing how Ori, Doom Eternal, Resident Evil 3, and FF7 all come out back to back to back to back, I think I can deal with this.

And while they aren't on my priority list, Nioh 2, Animal Crossing, and Half Life are all out in that timeframe too. We are still stacked.

None of those mean much of anything to me :(

I hate this thread and delay :( No other way to spin it, it sucks.

Guess Destiny rules another 6 months for the masses.

Zok310

Oct 25, 2017
Called it.
Expect FF7 to be delayed even more also, hope im wrong, otherwise first half of 2020 is gonna be a drag..........

Deleted member 13155

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I won't play this on PS4 then. Little point with the PS5 so close to it.

A delayed game isn't always good. GT5, DNF, FFXV and this won't gel wel with some, but TLG I thought were rather disappointing games and these faced multiple delays. It depends on the type of delay, if they have to rewrite a lot it will still feels rushed even if its delayed like DNF was. FFXV was eventually stitched together as well and was still rushed in a way.

Oct 25, 2017
This works out well for me; by that time I'll be able to make an informed decision on whether I'm willing to give this a spin on Stadia Base. I have very little reason to spend on PC upgrades or next-generation hardware in the near term, so I was crossing my fingers for that to tide me over with the small handful of titles I was curious about. Didn't have any time for this in the early months anyway, and was fully prepared to scratch it for now.

Oh wait, mid-September? That bumps up against the 1.0 date for Factorio. Never mind.

Nov 25, 2017
Finland
Take all the time you need. This year is packed as it is and I'm much more likely to own a video card that can run this thing everything maxed.

Not surprised, though!

FullWalter

Mar 13, 2018
How about you respect yourself and don't make the same mistake again.

By requesting a couple of days off from work to play my most anticipated game in a decade I'm not respecting myself?

I don't mean to overstate my anger, this isn't ruining my week or anything. And I'm not calling for the heads of CDPR or anything like that. Like I said, take all the time you need. I just think a bigger heads up is reasonable.

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
Ok, so Animal Crossing is the big early release of the quarter. The delay is nice since it is giving me enough time to built my new PC.

TrueSloth

Oct 27, 2017
I'm actually very much okay with this. September is pretty much a month-long break for me between school terms, so this gives me a solid week to play it without other obligations.

Jan 11, 2018
Doom Eternal, Animal Crossing, TLOU 2, FF7 Remake, and now Cyberpunk. All the big games are getting delayed.

Lets see if R3make is next.

APizzaPie

Oct 27, 2017
If they need more time to polish the game I have no issues. The only time I could see myself getting annoyed with a delay is if it's for marketing reasons.

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
Whilst I'm sorry about the delay, my gaming budget is very pleased, lol. As other users have said, I may wait until after the next-gen consoles release to pick it up.