• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jake_brake

Sep 13, 2018
Childhood hero and reason to be in NC stuff was scrapped fully. Lifepath is what defines V's beginnings now.

They most likely narrowed scope of crit path leading to this decision and to decision to focus on Johnny Silverhand arc. Must have faced fact how insane job it would have been to cover all combinations of original choices in good way.
Is that so? Damn that sucks. 3 life-paths is nothing to scoff at necessarily, but it would have enjoyed having separate dialogue because I had "an ex-lover in town."

This being focused on role-play you can imagine some of this, but I'm still disappointed.

May 26, 2018
Is that so? Damn that sucks. 3 life-paths is nothing to scoff at necessarily, but it would have enjoyed having separate dialogue because I had "an ex-lover in town."

This being focused on role-play you can imagine some of this, but I'm still disappointed.

Tell you this right now, I'm not going in expecting the flexibility of New Vegas :P That game had some pretty hardcore roleplaying. 2077 we're playing a snarky-ass tryhard punk no matter what.

Lastdancer

Nov 1, 2017
The subtitles overlays on random people and TV screens in the world made it feel like one of those older 90's adventure games to me, I liked it haha. I should say, despite my concerns over the gameplay depth I thought it looked great and once again must suggest that some of these other people get eye augments or something because damn.

less

Oct 25, 2017
I liked the glimpse though for some reason my hype has been cooled somewhat significantly. Three backgrounds is well enough I suppose. Narrows the focus and can possibly lead to a richer background and how it relates to the world. Combat looks okay.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
Okay, sure, I guess. It's just hard to factor out the open world when it's that genre. The trailers so far have been describing all you'd need to know from a game of Deus Ex's scale, more or less. An immersive sim. But 2077 is larger than that, or at least any we've ever seen. There's an entire city that's open to explore from the onset. Quests happen in relatively small portions of that environment. The rest is huge. Is most of it set dressing that doesn't react? Are you kept from using many of your gameplay tools to interact with it? Or is there a lot of procedural stuff going on? Many systems at play? If so, what are they? How do I work with them and vice versa?

I know this seems like a lot, but that stems from real curiosity. Our glimpses of this game have been tightly controlled.
There is street racing, shooting ranges, the world is filled with quests that won't be automatically in your log unless you engage with NPC (we see this in first demo where V ignores a person on the street), you can start shooting randomly and each district's police reacts differently. This much has been confirmed and im sure im missing much more from interviews. Showcasing a trailer about these things doesnt make alot of sense at this point when people want to know more about core mechanics.

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
To be honest after this trailer I can't think that this game should have been a native next gen game.

Yeah I understand that they want to take advantage the big install base of current gen and then sell more copies with a next gen port but I can't think that the scope of the game is limited because is cross gen.

Graphically it could be phenomenal on PC/next gen. Now it looks from OK to beautiful (depending on the area of the game) on a high end PC and it's going to be mediocre on the base consoles.

Having said that gameplay wise I loved Witcher 3 and I think I will also enjoy this.

Oct 25, 2017
This is a new engine from CD Projekt Red, though - "Red Engine 4", so obviously optimizations have been made on this new engine that haven't been made in the past with how it utilizes this technology.

I'm sure that there's something new that they're doing to keep the game looking amazing. I mean why build a new engine if there aren't going to be improvements to what's been done before?
Well of course. Just not the specific thing you're referring to. The author of the article is incredibly uninformed. Source: I've worked on video games

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
So good. I skimmed it to avoid spoilers. But it's definitely my most anticipated game at the moment.

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
I just hope they are more dynamic then the folk in fallout 4.
It's an area I wish devs would do us more on.
The left trigger interaction mechanic and the way npcs react and talk is pretty evolutionary in RDR2.

I hate towns in games where its so governed by the same rules, where npcs are restricted to there simple routines and replies.

Next gen I hope a dev makes a game with early ps4/x1 visuals and focuses all the new power on world + npc realism.
Ray tracing and stuff is great an all but it is NOTHING, if the npcs behave like pathetic human mimics.
It's amazing how Rockstar is the only one trying to evolve that, so their open worlds feel so much more alive than the others, if you play GTA 3 you'll see that NPCs have more unique environment and player behavior than The Witcher 3 or Assassin's Creed Odyssey, where the vast majority of NPCs are planted in a specific place repeating 2 or 3 lines of dialogue endlessly, it has been evolving it to the level we have in RDR2, imagine what we will get with GTA VI, GTA V already feels more alive than any other open world in existence (not named RDR2) and it is a game of the last gen, combine this with what they created in RDR2. GTA VI next gen will blow the minds.

The Bookerman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The pop in is outside of the view of the player, this is essentially culling what doesn't need to be shown to free up memory.
I know, the point i was making is if it breaks( if the user turns and there's a delay in the rendering ) the result would cause a lot of pop in. But i bet they have methods to mitigate that potential problem.

Feb 10, 2018
It's amazing how Rockstar is the only one trying to evolve that, so their open worlds feel so much more alive than the others, if you play GTA 3 you'll see that NPCs have more unique environment and player behavior than The Witcher 3 or Assassin's Creed Odyssey, where the vast majority of NPCs are planted in a specific place repeating 2 or 3 lines of dialogue endlessly, it has been evolving it to the level we have in RDR2, imagine what we will get with GTA VI, GTA V already feels more alive than any other open world in existence (not named RDR2) and it is a game of the last gen, combine this with what they created in RDR2. GTA VI next gen will blow the minds.
Indeed.
The question is, what seems more real: the real world but with GTA5 graphics or GTA5 that looks like reality?

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017

It is not at all surprising. Rockstar is pretty much the only shop in the industry with the money, pedigree and disposition to do such a thing.

Personally I am fine with where the rest of the industry is with this. I usually find it impressive for like the first hour, and then never notice it again.

SuzanoSho

Dec 25, 2017
I think I hate the way everyone's hair looks in this game...
The way it's rendered, I suppose is the word I'm looking for. Sometimes it looks as if it's not even connected to their scalps...

Also, I guess we're still in the ages of little to no ethnic hairstyles, unless I'm to assume every race in the game gravitated towards the same branch of "futuristic punk hairdos"...

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
I think I hate the way everyone's hair looks in this game...
The way it's rendered, I suppose is the word I'm looking for. Sometimes it looks as if it's not even connected to their scalps...

Also, I guess we're still in the ages of little to no ethnic hairstyles, unless I'm to assume every race in the game gravitated towards the same branch of "futuristic punk hairdos"...
I can install metal blades in my forearm but I can't get a curl sponge fade with a part. Smh.

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia

That's a fucking lie and simply wrong

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands

To be honest, Rockstar is on an inverse-fun grade for me. I never finished GTAV, and quit halfway RDR2. I admire the craftsmanship they put into the world, but I never cared about "world sims", I prefer focused gameplay. I am not saying that CP2077 will bring that, but I do think Rockatar caters way too much to a specific crowd.

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
Indeed.
The question is, what seems more real: the real world but with GTA5 graphics or GTA5 that looks like reality?
For me the first.
I would argue that both DLC "main quests" have a better narrative than the actual main game's main quest :p
I have both DLCs in my backlog for years,but I think the main game's main quest is pretty simple and not that great,what makes The Witcher 3 so great is the whole package and how good most of the side quest is.
It is not at all surprising. Rockstar is pretty much the only shop in the industry with the money, pedigree and disposition to do such a thing.

Personally I am fine with where the rest of the industry is with this. I usually find it impressive for like the first hour, and then never notice it again.
Yeah,I know,and that is why they still the best when comes to create open worlds,not the best games,since I think The Witcher 3 a much better game and experience than RDR2 overall.
You're saying this when druing this gen we had Watch Dogs 2 with Legion coming up and AC:Origins and Odyssey with a followup title in development? There are many many examples of devs being innovative with AI this gen.
Watch Dogs Legion is impressive indeed,I was surprise how much I liked these gameplays,even more than Cyberpunk,but I have to play for myself,about WD2,another game in my huge backlog for years,can't say much.But I am playing Odyssey and is pretty static and mediocre AI behavior.I have Origins in my backlog too ( lol ) but I will give a pause in AC games after I finish Odyssey,this game is huge and I am already tired.
You might wanna re play gta 3.
Not enough time,unfortunately.

Last edited:

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
You might wanna re play gta 3.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
To be honest, Rockstar is on an inverse-fun grade for me. I never finished GTAV, and quit halfway RDR2. I admire the craftsmanship they put into the world, but I never cared about "world sims", I prefer focused gameplay. I am not saying that CP2077 will bring that, but I do think Rockatar caters way too much to a specific crowd.

rockstar games are basically the best selling videogames so its not like they just cater to some niche crowd

Rat King

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Not looking good Keanu. Btw, no way I'll play this on my base PS4, I'll gladly wait for the new consoles, there's plenty to play already anyway.

rashbeep

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get all this 'downgrade' talk - the game looks phenomenal. It looks like a living, breathing, Cyberpunk/Blade Runner/Ghost in the Shell/Akira world - it's exactly what I hoped it would look like and obviously it'll look even better when it's all polished-up on release day.

People who don't really know what they are looking for

Azzanadra

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Don't know hoe I feel about the gameplay, looks like Deus Ex x Borderlands without the sleekness of the former and the latter is not something you want this kind of game to be compared with.

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
Hearts of Stone might be the single best piece of RPG content you'll play this decennium (if you hurry up a bit)
I will play eventually for sure.
, looks like Deus Ex x Borderlands without the sleekness of the former and the latter is not something you want this kind of
I don't see,mostly with this running on a 2080 TI, RDR2 PC port will destroy this, consoles versions already looks way better.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Apparently it was running on an RTX 2080Ti.

I will definitely not be getting this on my PS4 Pro lol. I'll get the PC version and PS5 version after that.
It was on a PC with a 2080 Ti lol

You dudes can not be serious right now. I was thinking that if this is the way it looks on the 1X i might have to get one (yes I am that hyped for the game.)

2080 Ti?

?

This isn't acceptable "in it's current state." I have never understood why companies do this. The backlash and the potential damage that carries has never seemed worth it to me.

Apr 11, 2018
Australia
I wonder just how destructible the environments are going to be. I want to be able to drop buildings completely if I have enough time and munitions thanks. But I doubt that will be possible on current-gen hardware.

Even so, the destructibility we've seen so far has me very excited!

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
This isn't acceptable "in it's current state." I have never understood why companies do this. The backlash and the potential damage that carries has never seemed worth it to me.

Developers can't win.

Don't show any raw gameplay and you are accused of not having any confidence in your game and it being in dev hell without anything concrete to show.

Show raw gameplay from basically dev build which more often than not is rough, even as these vertical slices if you aren't going 1000% in with BS, and get shit on for not having best graphics in business.

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
You dudes can not be serious right now. I was thinking that if this is the way it looks on the 1X i might have to get one (yes I am that hyped for the game.)

2080 Ti?

?

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll wait for the PS5 version. This game will look bad on all current gen consoles if that *PC* demo looked that bland.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Developers can't win.

Don't show any raw gameplay and you are accused of not having any confidence in your game and it being in dev hell without anything concrete to show.

Show raw gameplay from basically dev build which more often than not is rough, even as these vertical slices if you aren't going 1000% in with BS, and get shit on for not having best graphics in business.

This isn't even remotely true.

If you showcase the game at a particular fidelity, you have to expect questions when gameplay looks lackluster in comparison. Gamers can wait. They don't dictate when/where/how or what is shown to the public.

Ray tracing?

skw39.jpg

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you mean that there are a raft of isometric CRPGs that are better than any first-person or third-person CRPG ever made, I agree with you! But The Witcher 3 is still the best of the latter.
How is the Witcher a CRPG, how is the term CRPG not just complete grognard bullshit that equates to "WRPG I really like"?

boskee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
London
After re-watching this for the n-th time
This isn't even remotely true.

If you showcase the game at a particular fidelity, you have to expect questions when gameplay looks lackluster in comparison. Gamers can wait. They don't dictate when/where/how or what is shown to the public.

I'm confused. If gameplay looks lackluster in comparison, then surely graphics were better? In that case I don't get the criticism towards visuals, since at least graphics were good.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Game looks good

Hoping we get to see more of the Downtown areas like the City Center and West Hill