• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
The console comments remind me of what happened on Uncharted 3 - they definitely had an issue they couldn't see in the office. http://www.1up.com/features/mapping-uncharted-3-drake-deception2630.html?pager.offset=7

Doesn't excuse the literally everything else though - and I'm no dev, but the line "seeing improvements each and every day" just before launch might say more about the active state of the product than they're intending
Yep that on it's own is bad enough but when you consider that they only let reviewers use PC footage it goes hand in hand with showing that they knew there were issues and tried to hide it

behOemoth

Oct 27, 2017
At the latest when CDPR said that the day 0 patch was the real gold master, it was clear what a broken situation the game was in and they still didn't learned anything. The leads have to go.

Tankshell

Nov 1, 2017
Did he literally just say they didn't find anything wrong with the console versions of the game whilst testing it?

Complete horse shit... and I don't even hate the game, but this video was truly awful. They would have been better off just staying quiet.

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Well it will sit in my drawer until its ready then. Hopefully the ps4 version will still update to ps5 by then

Aztorian

Jan 3, 2018
I bought the Collector's edition for PS4 and applied for a refund through the Helpmerefund campaign. Yesterday I received the refund on Paypal, but didn't get any instructions on how to send the game back to them. Anyone did?

BoxScar

Jul 21, 2020
Completed the game last week.

The main mission and "main" side missions are pretty good. The world is empty, factions don't really matter, might as well be called "bad guy group 1, bad guy group 2", there is no AI whatsoever, your logs are a complete mess, the clothing system is fucked. I found that there is really nothing RPG about this besides putting numbers into either swords or guns.
I don't think that the game can be fixed with patches and a next gen update unless they significantly address the open world aspect. Driving around is cool, the city is very detailed, but as soon as you interact with something in a car the illusion breaks. Also cars don't pull over when you're in a cop car and put on your sirens.

What you have is a decent story, shoved inside an empty shell. Nothing in this roadmap suggests the empty shell part can be fixed.

I bought the Collector's edition for PS4 and applied for a refund through the Helpmerefund campaign. Yesterday I received the refund on Paypal, but didn't get any instructions on how to send the game back to them. Anyone did?

My friend got PS4 refund this morning and he said he didn't have to send the game back. Considering we're in height of a pandemic if they asked you to go to the post office to go send them back the game I'd tell them to fuck off.

ioriyagami

Oct 28, 2017
Heh, they changed this Q&A (changes formatted below):

Q: Didn't you test old-gen consoles to keep tabs on the experience?
A:
We did. As it turned out, our testing did not show many of the issuescrashes you experienced while playing the game. As we got closer to launch, we saw significant improvements each and every day, and we really believed we'd deliver in the final day zero update

Because obviously they saw many issues already (and saying otherwise is pretty insulting to their QA team)

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They sound ridiculous now. Like them or not, they had a good reputation before releasing this game, and they completely burned it away for the sake of near term thinking about profit... Kinda crazy

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Heh, they changed this Q&A (changes formatted below):

Because obviously they saw many issues already (and saying otherwise is pretty insulting to their QA team)
they should just come out and say it how it is "the QA team picked those issues up but didnt get to fix them before our launch date because we rushed this game out" and stopped talking like their QA didnt see all those stuff.

kVH2LpZd

Apr 3, 2019
I am glad I never gave them money for this dumpster fire, even though I was mildly interested at times.

Cmc

Nov 1, 2017
How bad was the console version a few weeks from launch if they seen "significant progress" in that time? What a joke of a company. Got my refund through this morning

greengr

Dec 3, 2018
They really should have delayed the game till fall 2021 and cancelled the ps4/xb1 versions by then nobody would have given a fuck about those,oh well...

Phabh

Oct 28, 2017
Except Hello Games actually redeemed themselves and delivered on their promises and even added more features to the game than was promised.

Most will still be skeptical for their next game announcement unless they show real game footage from the get-go like Nintendo usually does and not CG trailers or vertical slice "demos".

Deleted member 1698

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Everything Hello Games and CDPR will say from now on will be taken with a huge grain of salt. Their credibility is damaged for years.

Nonsense.

Gamers can and will believe any old shit and preorder digitial games with unknown quality. Nobody ever seems to learn, so why would they learn in the next few years?

Here was my approach:
1. Cyberpunk looks interesting, I wonder if it will be good?
2. Waits for release
3. Sees it is shit
4. Doesn't buy it

It isn't fucking hard guys, but here we are time and time again.

Aztorian

Jan 3, 2018
My friend got PS4 refund this morning and he said he didn't have to send the game back. Considering we're in height of a pandemic if they asked you to go to the post office to go send them back the game I'd tell them to fuck off.
Well the agreement was to receive a refund if you were to agree to send the game back to them. I mean the CE was quite pricey and to just give the money back like that is kind of odd? They never turned around and said I don't need to send it back. As far as I'm aware I still need to send it back to them.

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
They really should have delayed the game till fall 2021 and cancelled the ps4/xb1 versions by then nobody would have given a fuck about those,oh well...

this they should just cancel PS4 and Xbox comment is irritating and shows how little people on this forum forget companies are businesses. You can't just cancel a game with a massive instal base of users you won't recoup your budget. It doesn't work that way you can't just turn around and remove it especially how small the ps5 and xboxX series are available to customers even though PC is main target audience.

Oct 28, 2017
Nonsense.

Gamers can and will believe any old shit and preorder digitial games with unknown quality. Nobody ever seems to learn, so why would they learn in the next few years?

Here was my approach:
1. Cyberpunk looks interesting, I wonder if it will be good?
2. Waits for release
3. Sees it is shit
4. Doesn't buy it

It isn't fucking hard guys, but here we are time and time again.

Especially when its a digital release in the case of the PC version. What is there to honestly lose by waiting? The game isn't going anywhere. This isn't Ring Fit Adventure.

greengr

Dec 3, 2018
this they should just cancel PS4 and Xbox comment is irritating and shows how little people on this forum forget companies are businesses. You can't just cancel a game with a massive instal base of users you won't recoup your budget. It doesn't work that way you can't just turn around and remove it especially how small the ps5 and xboxX series are available to customers even though PC is main target audience.
hindsight is 20/20 and all that but lets not pretend CDPR wouldnt have cancelled the ps4/xb1 versions in a heartbeat if they knew what would have happened

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
They're still dishonest as fuck about the issues they faced when bringing the game to last-gen consoles. If you couldn't make it work - despite your game being nothing special even on PC - you didn't have to sell the game for last-gen consoles. You could've just cancelled it and released on PS5/XSX. But they didn't because they're a scummy company that knew they didn't have to do much for their cult to buy the game. They're only admitting guilt because the backlash was much bigger than they had expected.

And that "roadmap" is literally "Shit will come some time this year I guess". Pathetic.

Plum

May 31, 2018

That and it pretty much says "fuck everyone who can't afford PCs or next-gen consoles; they deserve to get nothing because CDPR wanted to make a new Crysis more than they wanted to make a game that can work on all platforms."

Such statements are just representative of the whole elitist attitude behind stuff like the mass-screaming over "cross-gen," or the dogmatic aversion so many have to 30fps. It's especially bad because those feelings are never reciprocated in instances where the version for more privileged people is worse than the one for 'the poors'; nobody was saying Warner Bros. should have cancelled Arkham Knight's PC port to focus on consoles only, or complaining that DLC might be affected because of the PC being a "potato platform."

Like to so many it's as if console players didn't pay the exact same $60 for this game that PC (and to a lesser extent next-gen) owners did. They're somehow less deserving of a proper working product because they dared to not have hardware that is prohibitively expensive for the vast majority of people.

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
Who the fuck is going to care about this game in fall 2021 lol

They really think they have a GTA with endless replayability in their hands.

GTA has a living breathing world with random, complex, unpredictable AI interactions that haven't aged even after 8 years, CP2077 is an on-rails story driven game with an empty open world to fill the gaps...

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So I have only just decided to launch this game to see how bad of a dumpster fire it is, but I did not know that the AI was non-existent? Is that on PC as well or is it a console issue due to this (typical) CDPR focus on PC first for big wows? I skimmed the video and it was hilariously vague/empty promises, using blatant scapegoating to avoid the clear management issues that resulted in staff crunching deadly hours and project restarts that caused mismatched game designs.

liljoka

Feb 25, 2020
Ha! It was always the fault of the QA team! And the consoles CDPR was developing for because they were too weak! Totally clears upper management. Thank you!

... fuck this bigot company and their GAMERS™ response

Oh, yeah, I forgot: it's also the fault of the customers. Never CDPR!

I didn't say that... I'm saying this *is* how a proper roadmap looks like. Better they do not rush anymore too.

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
So I have only just decided to launch this game to see how bad of a dumpster fire it is, but I did not know that the AI was non-existent? Is that on PC as well or is it a console issue due to this (typical) CDPR focus on PC first for big wows? I skimmed the video and it was hilariously vague/empty promises, using blatant scapegoating to avoid the clear management issues that resulted in staff crunching deadly hours and project restarts that caused mismatched game designs.
It's the same on PC

greengr

Dec 3, 2018
That and it pretty much says "fuck everyone who can't afford PCs or next-gen consoles; they deserve to get nothing because CDPR wanted to make a new Crysis more than they wanted to make a game that can work on all platforms."

Such statements are just representative of the whole elitist attitude behind stuff like the mass-screaming over "cross-gen," or the dogmatic aversion so many have to 30fps. It's especially bad because those feelings are never reciprocated in instances where the version for more privileged people is worse than the one for 'the poors'; nobody was saying Warner Bros. should have cancelled Arkham Knight's PC port to focus on consoles only, or complaining that DLC might be affected because of the PC being a "potato platform."

Like to so many it's as if console players didn't pay the exact same $60 for this game that PC (and to a lesser extent next-gen) owners did. They're somehow less deserving of a proper working product because they dared to not have hardware that is prohibitively expensive for the vast majority of people.
funny thing is i do my gaming on a base xbox one console,i rather have nothing than a broken mess of a game that the hardware cant handle so the publisher/shareholders make money off my back

Plum

May 31, 2018
They really think they have a GTA with endless replayability in their hands.

GTA has a living breathing world with random, complex, unpredictable AI interactions that haven't aged even after 8 years, CP2077 is an on-rails story driven game with an empty open world to fill the gaps...

That and Cyberpunk won't have online for a while now. GTAV, whilst still a game that's fun to go back to even today, would not have been nearly as big if GTA: Online hadn't released so soon after launch and been so endearing to so many people. Meanwhile Cyberpunk's online will most definitely not be here until 2022 at the earliest, and that's if it even gets released at all.

Cyberpunk's AI is non-existant on every platform. Fundamentally the game is the exact same on PC as it is on console; it just runs better there (if you have the hardware) and looks better as well (again, if you have the hardware for it).

funny thing is i do my gaming on a base xbox one console,i rather have nothing than a broken mess of a game

I mean you didn't have to buy the game, and if you haven't bought it then those who did still deserve to have a game that works properly.

That and this game was always advertised as a console and PC game; it's been that way since "old-gen," consoles were even out. Cancelling it on console just because CDPR's priorities are fucked doesn't remove those years of having the game be hyped up as something that was going to release on PS4 and Xbox One.

Butch

Oct 27, 2017

Funny you say that, cause when I try to explore the world in GTAV I see a building and is completely dead unless you are on a mission to do something on it. Instead in CP you can find an old house with NPCs guarding it, a security room, notes, rooms with lots of details, things to hack, multiple ways to enter it and you might not even be on a mission to do something there. In GTA you would only be able to enter this house from one scripted point and that's only if you are on an active mission, otherwise the door might just be closed. Yes the AI is dead in CP, but there's also an interesting story in every corner of the world and the mission design of GTA is completely dated with the choices you can make to approach them tbh.
I'd like to see this comparisons also show how interactive the objects are when you are in the middle of a shooting, you can try to see how many things are static in GTA where in CP they break, fall, etc.. Of course the game is full of problems, but I also think it's dishonest to not mention the things it does good when comparing these games.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Funny you say that, cause when I try to explore the world in GTAV I see a building and is completely dead unless you are on a mission to do something on it. Instead in CP you can find an old house with a security room, notes, rooms with lots of details, things to hack, multiple ways to enter it and you might not even be on a mission to do something there. In GTA you would only be able to enter this house from one scripted point and that's only if you are on an active mission, otherwise the door might just be closed. Yes the AI is dead in CP, but there's also an interesting story in every corner of the world and the mission design of GTA is completely dated with the choices you can make to approach them tbh.
I'd like to see this comparisons also show how interactive the objects are when you are in the middle of a shooting, you can try to see how many things are static in GTA where in CP they break, fall, etc.. Of course the game is full of problems, but I also think it's dishonest to not mention the things it does good when comparing these games.

You are correct here, but I think it's a bit of a flawed comparison considering the context in which it's been made. Whilst Cyberpunk may have a lot more in terms of lore, and is almost undoubtedly more detailed graphics-wise, those are simply not as important as GTA's focus on sandbox gameplay. In Cyberpunk there are very few ways to create your own gameplay once you've done what the game has to offer you whereas GTA has a whole bunch of dynamic systems and extra-curricular activates to mess around with that are completely separated from Rockstar's own pre-scripted missions.

Tokio Blues

Sep 14, 2018
I have a question, which is not entirely clear to me.

When Witcher 3 came out, was it as broken and buggy as CP2077? Was it improved with the patches they incorporated?

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Clearly not, this is not how Hello Games went about making up for their mistakes

Sean Murray/Hello Games went on radio silence until they had something to show. Arguably a luxury that CDPR doesn't have as a public company of its size.

I have a question, which is not entirely clear to me.

When Witcher 3 came out, was it as broken and buggy as CP2077? Was it improved with the patches they incorporated?

TW3 was not this broken (although they had to patch in a new movement mode) but it is important to remember that the RPG elements were ahead of anything else on the market at the time. So a lot was forgiven because of what they were able to deliver on their vision. CP2077 failed to wow folks so the warts are more apparent.

Last edited:

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
lol @ "old-gen" consoles as if they're talking about PS2. If the game had come out a month earlier than it did they would be current gen.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
The trick with testing is that you have to actually pay attention to their results for them to be effective.