• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
The delivery services have been encouraging local places to open up virtual delivery restaurants inside existing bakeries and restaurants for a while now. I remember reading about it. Not surprising the chains are getting in on the act.

THRILLHO

Nov 6, 2017
a separate issue, but fucking just make pizza from scratch at home. its dead simple.

my wife and I realized the other night we have made dinner every night since lockdown. We used to go out to eat once or twice a week to a local place, but haven't used delivery once since mid-March.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
These apps are filled with this crap.

Looked up "Wings" and I see Pasqually (Chuck E. Cheese) , Hooties Burger (Hooters) and Wing Squad (Bucca di Beppo) all as the first results.

The real mom and pop shop is buried.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
1. I like Chuck E Cheese pizza. I think they changed it a few years ago and since then (well, since I had kids) it's been decent but overpriced.
2. I don't understand the complaint. Would it have been better if this was a big national chain but independent of Chuck E. Cheese? You can usually look on a website and figure out if this was truly a mom and pop place or not, it seems odd to me to rely on a name to figure that out.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
There's no fucking way it's any different than their regular pizza and wings.
It says they share a kitchen so yeah, but then like when you buy stuff at CEC are you getting an inferior product even when they share a kitchen? Why order food at CEC then, I don't get having one brand be inferior and still being offered, it's splitting the market.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chuck E Cheese can't compete with legit pizzerias but their pizzas not bad. I would scarf two pies down if I didn't care about my health.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
There used to be a common scam in the Orlando tourist area where someone would print out a TON of cheap pamphlets and throw them under resort doors. They'd offer pizza and drink choices and look like a legit small business in the area. Then when a foreign tourist or trusting American ordered the pizza they'd get their credit card info stolen. At best you'd get a shitty, cheap, frozen pizza in a box warmed up and at worst you'd get nothing.
These assholes do this all the time at my resort. I had to help security once coordinate and hunt down one of these dudes when they slid in without anyone noticing.

And it always annoyed me when guests asks me what pizza place to order from, i tell them all of the great local spots in the immediate area, and even tell them where Domino's is, and then they'll still turn around and order off of these shady ass menus.

Like, I'd have told you to order from those if they were good or not scams!

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
That rat comes to work to put Pasqually in his place, every day.

"WHOSE NAME IS ON THE SIGN?! TELL ME THAT, PASQUALLY! WHOSE NAME?! AT CEC, WE DO NOT FUCK WITH THE SAUCE PORTION, I DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT YOUR CREATIVITY! NOW GET ME A FUCKING DOUBLE CHEESE, AND IF I SEE ANY OF THIS 'PASQUALLY'S PIZZA' SHIT ON GRUBHUB BEHIND MY BACK, YOU'LL BE SCRUBBING EVERY BALL IN THE BALL PIT!"

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
This is just all the more reason why I would rather go pickup food myself than to trust Doordash.

Oct 30, 2017
Frankie & Benny's do this in the UK too particularly on Deliveroo and UberEats. Here's an article about the practice.
www.vice.com

Why Are Chain Restaurants Using Different Names on Delivery Apps?

Casual dining chains including Frankie and Benny’s and Las Iguanas have begun selling dishes under different brand names on Deliveroo. Consumers, however, often have no idea.

Deliveroo's virtual brand scheme, which was introduced 2017 and has recently been embraced by high street restaurants, makes everything a lot more complicated. The scheme enables restaurants to create online-only brands ("virtual restaurants," if you will), with many of them selling the same dish, made in the same kitchen but under a different name. UberEats also boasts numerous virtual brands and JustEat was apparently eyeing up the idea in October.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Lol interesting.

Makes sense from Chuck e cheeses perspective. Nobody would think to order Chuckies for delivery at midnight. I doubt they're competing with the local pizza joint, but instead dominoes.

I don't really have a problem with this.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ya know, as someone who hasn't eaten Chuck E Cheese pizza in literally over 20 years, I'm kinda curious about what it tastes like...

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It feels dishonest in a sense. People should know the actual restaurant they're getting their food from.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, ON
tumblr_nsn008zuI71rtup1qo2_540.gif

TalonJH

Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
I just want to say, Chuck E. Cheese food wise, has come a surprisingly long way. I hadn't been there in maybe 25 years and then we took my foster kids last year a couple times. I ordered our food And sat down to mentally prepare myself for an extremelyMediocre pizza as I remember them and was super surprised by our pepperoni stuffed crust. I honestly think it's better than a lot of chains for sure.

Not that it matters for this article though.

ChubbyHuggs

Oct 27, 2017
It says they share a kitchen so yeah, but then like when you buy stuff at CEC are you getting an inferior product even when they share a kitchen? Why order food at CEC then, I don't get having one brand be inferior and still being offered, it's splitting the market.
It's not even sharing a kitchen. Unless they remodeled and expanded there's only enough room for dough rolled out and the fridges only have so much room. So you're just buying rebranded CEC food probably marked up.

Deleted member 925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Surprisingly I've always heard their pizza is amazing. I know they got a $5 large pizza deal I've seen advertised at my local spot. Maybe I'll try it out.

OP
OP
ElectricBlanketFire

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Surprisingly I've always heard their pizza is amazing. I know they got a $5 large pizza deal I've seen advertised at my local spot. Maybe I'll try it out.

Can't speak for "Pasqually's Pizza" but we went to Chuck E. Cheese in January for a school fundraiser. It's not total garbage, but don't expect it to be mindbowing. It's average chain pizza at best.

Oct 25, 2017
This type of thing is pretty common in Chicago. A Mexican restaurant near me delivers rebranded Italian food. Another place near me is 3 different branded takeout restaurants.