• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Considering what "MAGA" is synonymous with at this point, it's hard to blame people for getting angry about people wearing support for it... especially in a manner as classless as wearing a hat inside a restaurant. Seriously, who does that?

Beef Supreme

Oct 25, 2017
Saying if people are right or wrong is oppression. Do you consider the Civil Rights Movement oppression? Women's Suffrage Movement? The 13th Amendment?

No, I do not. But saying the opposition has no voice ( no matter how right or wrong it may be) is.

I also appreciate you quoting me in the thread about the Spanish speaking woman. Nevermind that I see nothing wrong about speaking any language or the I'm married to my high school sweet heart, love of my life that happens to be Puerto Rican. Guess I hate my kids too, huh. I DO want them to grow up in a country where EVERY voice is heard so they're no afraid to speak their own. No matter what opinion...no matter what language. So I guess you can call that my agenda. But you just go ahead and judge me all while all from the comfort of your keyboard. Must be nice.

Stardestroyer

Oct 31, 2017
This here, this attitude, is truly the one that people will have to ultimately take. As it's been shown with this scenario, flipping out and getting rowdy will only be detrimental to the person acting that way.
Yeah, sure because you are some expert. The best way is to shame this fools. The specific fool why not change but guess what, the othets who might not want to get shame will change.

You want to know why racism is less hidden today? It is because guys like you in a way normalized their behavior by trying to be nice to them instead of calling them out on their shitty behavior.

Racism behaves in the same way that mob mentality does. The more people become comfortable with racism, the more it grows. Shaming them not change the individual racist, but it does signal to the other racist that society will not tolerate it.

Similar to how Becky from Stanford University or yale might not change but the next time someone wants to pull a similar stunt they will think twice.

May 3, 2018
You want to know why racism is less hidden today? It is because guys like you in a way normalized their behavior by trying to be nice to them instead of calling them out on their shitty behavior.

Fuck outta here with that shit. I haven't normalized anything. My point has always been there is a time and place. If you react this way at your job the only loser will be you. The one who screams the loudest will always be perceived as the idiot. The worker is reprimanded while the guy wearing the hat left and went on with his day, that isn't productive at all. Yay, a bunch of people talk about it for a day and then guess what? We wake up tomorrow and move on to the next incident to rage about it while the employee still deals with the consequences of his actions with zero positive net outcome.

It's so easy to be a tough guy on the internet wishing violence upon MaGa hat wearing muppets but the reality of it is it will only muddle whatever it is you are fighting for.

I have been in many fights before, and yeah it feels so fuckin awesome when fist meets face, but as I've grown older I've realized that there could be better ways to get your point across and to incite change. I am all for anger and violence when the situation calls for it, the biggest issue with that is there is very few times those actions are warranted.

Branu

Banned
Feb 7, 2018
Are you going to reply to my post in the NCIS thread, where I asked you for proof of your claim that Mark Harmon is a "right wing jackass?"

Because I'm starting to see a pattern with your posts.

Edit: Banned in the time I was typing this reply.

Perhaps I am being unfair in my criticism of him. I do know that when I was younger, my father did not like him and told me the reason why was that he did significant work as a spokesman for Coors Beer. William Coors, the grandson of its founder, has a history of racist attitudes towards black people. Adolph Coors, its founder, and William Coors have also been tied to the funding of white supremacist organizations - much the same way Robert Mercer has funded the rise of the alt-right. Ever since being schooled by my pops on who the Coors are, I've always given Mark Harmon the side eye. I also don't see how having Michelle Obama on his show acquits him of my suspicions.

As a bit of trivia, Ice Cube became their spokesman a few years back, and he was raked over the coals by the black community for agreeing to do that.

People can post images of whoever endorsing the hat, but ultimately, it's still a damn hat.

No, it's more than a hat, being a symbol of hate that features a white supremacist slogan coined by Donald Trump and his campaign. Wearing it is an endorsement of Trump's ethnonationalism.

Last edited:

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Perhaps I am being unfair in my criticism of him. I do know that when I was younger, my father did not like him and told me the reason why was that he did significant work as a spokesman for Coors Beer. William Coors, the grandson of its founder, has a history of racist attitudes towards black people. Adolph Coors, its founder, and William Coors have also been tied to the funding of white supremacist organizations - much the same way Robert Mercer has funded the rise of the alt-right. Ever since being schooled by my pops on who the Coors are, I've always given Mark Harmon the side eye. I also don't see how having Michelle Obama on his show acquits of my suspicions.

That's not how it works. If you're the one making the accusation, you need to be able to back it up. The best you can do is "my dad told me he worked at Coors Beer like 40 years ago."

That is ridiculous and you should stop jumping to such extremes.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
The simplest way of explaining how I feel about this: I wouldn't harass anyone wearing Trump stuff and I would most definitely fuck up with their food (I have a hard stance of NEVER fucking up someone's food no matter what and I found anyone doing it as an arsehole), but at the same time I wouldn't feel sorry if it happens, lol, I guess I'm weird.

pixelation

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Zero simpathy from me, no good person has ever worn a MAGA hat. Because no good person could ever stand for what that... thing (the potus) stands for.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
If you're on the clock and they're not actively being an asshole to you, leave the harassment of the MAGA idiots to other patrons. Doing it yourself makes you dumb.

I have zero sympathy for either side in this scenario.

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I mean, I wouldn't harass someone wearing that stupid ass hat, but I sure as shit wouldn't talk to them. I would also make sure someone else serves them their cheesecake factory order if I was an employee. I ain't messin with that

Javaman

Oct 31, 2017
I don't let those douchebags in the red hats bother me. I just think up new acronyms for them.

My Anus Goes Apart
Mexican American Grocer's Association
Etc.