Conal

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lol why do I feel like we're gleefully beta testing the facial recognition software that will soon make our lives a living hell?

Conal

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
I think you have to use your own face, that's how it calculates the movements, isn't it? I guess you could record a celebrity off the TV for some inception shenanigans.

You can use any picture. It doesn't have to be a photo you took with the app. I think that uploading things you find on the internet is OK (fictional characters, celebrities, etc.) They're for sure scraping the internet for everything they can find anyway. I wouldn't upload anything "new" though.

Conal

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You can use any picture. It doesn't have to be a photo you took with the app. I think that uploading things you find on the internet is OK (fictional characters, celebrities, etc.) They're for sure scraping the internet for everything they can find anyway. I wouldn't upload anything "new" though.

What I mean is how are they animating it? I assume you upload a picture and then record a video of your own face which is then used by facial recognition technology to map the image onto. I might be wrong though.

Oct 25, 2017
What I mean is how are they animating it? I assume you upload a picture and then record a video of your own face which is then used by facial recognition technology to map the image onto. I might be wrong though.

no, you just upload a photo. It uses neural network image processing for facial processing and animating. The movements are set. The different songs each have their own unique motion set.

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness

Oh! No they have a list of songs you select, each with their own premade animation. The AI will try to apply the selected animation to the picture you upload.

That's why if you look at the examples in this thread, it's the same few songs with the same movements each time.