• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP

Deleted member 16136

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Crysis 1's stealth mission, to escalation, to war, then the "mystery" aliens bit, to escape and finale, so damn good. I feel Warhead made the alien's way more fun to fight but were still not quite there. Wonder if they will do anything there.

Hope they make the nuke scene insane

MaLDo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I love every game. For me, the jump from 1 to 2 is similar to jumps like Alien to Aliens. I mean, they are two different kind of games but everyone is great in its own.

john2gr

Oct 27, 2017
That depends on who you ask. Activision disagrees. They call their games remasters even if they use completely new assets and engines. Modern Warfare remastered uses completely new assets. They market Crash Bandicoot trilogy as a remaster even though it's completely remade on a new engine.

We won't know what Crytek mean by "remaster" until we see actual footage.

Ah, completely forgot about these. There is still hope then.

_Garret_

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 18, 2020
Thankfully on PC you can tweak everything to your exact liking :)

it doesnt work like that. Its the gameplay and gamedesign. The console crysis 1 and crysis 2 and 3 changed how the suit workd. Made them fit controllers. The powers are contextual and they work differently. The Pc crysis 1 has four states you can activate at will, with added benefits. Selecting speed lets you sprint extremely fast, but also triples your standard moving speed. You walk like you're in quake. Selecting strenth mode lets you jump higher and throw things farther, but also gives extra penetration power to your bullets - shooting in strength mode uses suit energy. Its all fluid and changable in split second. Console crysis has contextual powers and requires holding a button when the game magnetises you in a set spot so you can use it - it limits the things you can do

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
it doesnt work like that. Its the gameplay and gamedesign. The console crysis 1 and crysis 2 and 3 changed how the suit workd. Made them fit controllers. The powers are contextual and they work differently. The Pc crysis 1 has four states you can activate at will, with added benefits. Selecting speed lets you sprint extremely fast, but also triples your standard moving speed. You walk like you're in quake. Selecting strenth mode lets you jump higher and throw things farther, but also gives extra penetration power to your bullets - shooting in strength mode uses suit energy. Its all fluid and changable in split second. Console crysis has contextual powers and requires holding a button when the game magnetises you in a set spot so you can use it - it limits the things you can do
lmao I had no idea, as I have only played the PC version. That sucks and I'm sure the remaster will use the PC system.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
Since it's a really fucking old game, Can we expect 1080p 60fps even on switch and native 4k even on pro?
Well it is being remastered so....

X1Lm21O_d.webp

Max|Payne

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Crysis isn't that hard to run these days. the CPU is the main bottleneck. if they just fixed that, these consoles are gonna blaze through the game
Not on Switch tho.

I could see them perhaps providing a toggle for quality and performance mode in the ProX consoles but base consoles will be 30fps for sure.

The way they talked about all those graphical improvements, no amount of CPU optimizations are gonna make them run at 60fps on base hardware.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not on Switch tho.

I could see them perhaps providing a toggle for quality and performance mode in the ProX consoles but base consoles will be 30fps for sure.

The way they talked about all those graphical improvements, no amount of CPU improvements are gonna make them run at 60fps on base hardware.
base Crysis, hitting 1080p at medium settings on switch is doable. but the remastered version? we haven't even seen the game yet

Manzoli

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
I don't like EA, but would be nice if they were in this, could mean more old stuff getting ported to switch.

As for 1080p x 60 on Switch, i'll bet anyone an avatar that's not what the switch will be getting...

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
giveittomenow.gif

Grew up on og Far Cry and this series, don't think I'll ever get tired of the sprawling lush jungle semi open world mini sandbox per level design Crytek started with.

Recently played Crysis 3 again on PC and that's still a looker but that first one could certainly stand a remaster. I hope to see some next level foliage density and lighting going on, so hopefully they don't hold back on those aspects for PC. Wouldn't be a proper Crytek release without a shitload of graphics settings to sift through.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
I don't like EA, but would be nice if they were in this, could mean more old stuff getting ported to switch.

As for 1080p x 60 on Switch, i'll bet anyone an avatar that's not what the switch will be getting...

60 fps 3D games on Switch are very rare, even some of the PS2 era remasters are 30 fps. I'm thinking unlocked native res @ locked 30 fps for Crysis 1.

Oct 27, 2017
ATL
It's sad that I want to see gameplay of Crysis remaster more than I want to see a next-gen game reveal. Every time this thread gets updated, I get excited that a gameplay trailer has dropped...only to be disappointed.

Oct 27, 2017
Any update on this? I would really like a digital copy of this to play while we're still in lockdown. I don't know why they would announce it, say more info coming soon and then go quiet for 6+ weeks.

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
1080p 60 on the switch, this aint Mario kart lol you're lucky if you get 900p 30. As far native 4k on the pro lol youre really shooting for the moon here.
It depends on who is doing the port and what aspects they decided to enhance and how. 1080p 60 a la Mario Kart 8 DX is totally feasable.

I forgot again which team developed the original 1080 Snowboarding on N64.

laxu

Nov 26, 2017
While Crysis is fun for about half the game, I kind of hope it will also be upgraded to bring back the "can it run Crysis" thing rather than just having the game joyously run at max detail 60+ fps on a modern PC.

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
It really, really isn't.
Is this a hot-take?

1080 Snowboarding was an N64 title, and unless were talking about NSO N64 here, it really depends on engine optimization.

Edit: Oh, you were talking about Crysis. The Nvidia Sheild demo of Crysis 3 will likely be a good benchmark.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
its strange not seeing any news or footage of this game, also no PS5 or XSX announcements