Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018

groovy-austin-powers.gif

Sirpopopop

_ _ _ w _ _ _
Oct 23, 2017
Glad that Caz got banned. God knows I don't appreciate you all calling me a scam coin pumper (which to be frank was a shitty fucking accusation that has followed me around to other discords), but at least you deserve a thread in peace to talk about XRP & Vechain without outsiders coming in being nakedly hostile to the concept of the thread itself.

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
Where my CRO gang at?

Yeah uh I haven't bought in yet but this seems like arguably one of the safer crypto investments? Besides being part of an exchange (which is literally crypto.com...can't really pick a better name than that lol) the marketing seems strong.

The Staples Center logo is switching over to Crypto.com literally tomorrow.

Lucky Aces

Banned
Dec 7, 2020
Yeah uh I haven't bought in yet but this seems like arguably one of the safer crypto investments? Besides being part of an exchange (which is literally crypto.com...can't really pick a better name than that lol) the marketing seems strong.

The Staples Center logo is switching over to Crypto.com literally tomorrow.

Ever since I first heard that news, that's when I jumped in. And I got in again when it dipped like 50% from its ATH. Very excited for this coin long term for those reasons you mentioned.

Plus the staking options are very nice on the DeFi Wallet.

MrBS

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Seems the only spam emails I get now are 'your _____ wallet is suspsended' and I'm getting multiple a day. Sign of the times!

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
Regarding this coin, this is the first I've really got in on at a launch. How should I be tracking price, and how exactly would I sell if it's not on an exchange? I've used PancakeSwap in the past so guessing that's the current avenue to buy and sell?

You can put the coin's contract address in Dexscanner to track prices, and you can buy or sell on PancakeSwap right now. CMC/CG price listings are coming.

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018
Man people who dumped VGB just after the airdrop and previous crash must feel a bit bitter right now. Almost back to a dollar.

miobrien

Oct 30, 2017
Just bought a bunch of ALGO yesterday. Really interested in this project.

Second period of "governance" aka staking is starting soon.

governance.algorand.foundation

Algorand Governance

Web application of Algorand Governance Platform

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Just bought a bunch of ALGO yesterday. Really interested in this project.

Second period of "governance" aka staking is starting soon.

governance.algorand.foundation

Algorand Governance

Web application of Algorand Governance Platform
Considering doing this, but I'm not trying to add headaches for taxes. They need to give a better solution for this. People can diss on holding funds on exchanges all they want, but at least tax reporting is not a nightmare and they still offer a great level of security.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
I've seen enough and I'm going to be removing a significant amount of funds from Celsius again. All the ETH and BTC on here will be gone and only leave some amount of MATIC.

My concern has always been that they are being way too risky with clients funds compared to the competition. Alex isn't really inspiring me with confidence and it makes me doubt his leadership abilities (i.e. badger dao issue, $1 billion loan from tether, not vetting executives, feeling himself too much - literally go look at his own website).

I really do hope Celsius continues to run a sound business for a long time, but I've burned in the past from shit "being too good to be true" (fortunately without me actually losing anything).

There's a reason that they are able to still offer NO withdrawal fees and relatively high rates and tiers compared to everyone else.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
I've seen enough and I'm going to be removing a significant amount of funds from Celsius again. All the ETH and BTC on here will be gone and only leave some amount of MATIC.

My concern has always been that they are being way too risky with clients funds compared to the competition. Alex isn't really inspiring me with confidence and it makes me doubt his leadership abilities (i.e. badger dao issue, $1 billion loan from tether, not vetting executives, feeling himself too much - literally go look at his own website).

I really do hope Celsius continues to run a sound business for a long time, but I've burned in the past from shit "being too good to be true" (fortunately without me actually losing anything).

There's a reason that they are able to still offer NO withdrawal fees and relatively high rates and tiers compared to everyone else.

Found a video that does a fantastic job of highlighting my concerns:

Ryu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Makes you really think when we talk about a company with the size of Binance. Bitpanda supported Taproot on day one.

Ricelord

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
well shit forgot the airdrop for kty did happen a few days ago, i wanted to buy some but i guess the free $150 bucks is nice tho lmao.

miobrien

Oct 30, 2017

Yewh
Official Algo Wallet is clean as fuck
I love it. The Algorand experience is top notch.

Has anyone been using Yieldly? I haven't tried it yet. Wary of these rug pulls.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
What would you say is the best interest-earning way to store my coins, if not Celsius?

It will depend on the Crypto.

Based on this guide: https://prohashing.com/guides/earning-interest-on-crypto

It looks like Ledn and Gemini from a risk perspective (unless your wealthy enough to use Genesis)? Ledn is good for BTC and USDC returns. Based on current rates, Blockfi may be OK if you can trust them. They had one incredibly stupid mistake regarding a promotion where they accidentally sent out a shitload of BTC to certain users. It was something so preventable that it made be question whether I should take them seriously with my money. ssuming that they've improved on their internal processes, they are fine based on everything else we know, but Ledn seems to be better.

ETH wise, Gemini is only paying 1.76% which is very low compared to Celsius, so that would be personal decision on where you want to leave it. I'm much more risk adverse when it comes to keeping BTC/ETH on a platform since they are still the main safe haven crypto so I'd want to keep it under the safest platform from a security and business risk perspective. Celsius is actually really good with security and I love all their features... but I think their business model is much riskier which is why they're beating the competition in almost all aspects. The best case is that if something goes wrong and they simply lower rates substantially rather than lock you from accessing funds.

This web site also has some interesting thoughts on where people should hold their crypto and they believe that most people are better off holding them in an secure, interest bearing account rather than self-managing their cold wallet mainly due to the fact that those managing these funds have much more experience and understanding of how to keep them safe and because they their own insurance.

I'm personally doing both (I'm keeping some in interest bearing accounts and some in cold storage).

EDIT: Maybe hold off on Ledn and just use Blockfi / Gemini for the time being?

I just created an account yesterday did KYC verification (took less than 10 mins), but I'm not able to generate a USDC address yet to desposit - I keep on getting the error "Unable to generate USDC address due to high demand."

Last edited:

reKon

Oct 25, 2017

Kraken to Allow a New Way to Earn Crypto Rewards With Staked Acquisition

Kraken is thrilled to announce that we have acquired Staked, an infrastructure platform that allows for secure, cost-effective, and non-custodial crypto staking. One of the largest deals in the history of crypto, this acquisition perfectly complements our existing custodial staking offering...

Great News!

I will be very very happy if they implement MATIC staking on their platform. If this is done - I'm moving the remainder of MATIC off Celsius.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017

Kraken to Allow a New Way to Earn Crypto Rewards With Staked Acquisition

Kraken is thrilled to announce that we have acquired Staked, an infrastructure platform that allows for secure, cost-effective, and non-custodial crypto staking. One of the largest deals in the history of crypto, this acquisition perfectly complements our existing custodial staking offering...

Great News!

I will be very very happy if they implement MATIC staking on their platform. If this is done - I'm moving the remainder of MATIC off Celsius.

NON custodial staking? Thats.. Hmm?

Im trying to imagine where this would benefit the people holding crypto? If non-custodial staking is available for a chain, then why wouldnt the users stake without using Kraken? Wouldnt this only be of use for situations where certain projects have high staking requirements that the person cannot meet; or if they somehow allow interest generation for crypto assets that don't actually have any staking mechanisms like BTC? (I thought this was only possible if they were lending the coin or something though)

I am sure Im missing something but cannot figure it out. If its non custodial meaning the staker has their own HW or SW wallet, what benefit does adding Kraken into the process bring?

Edit: Oh and hey your post about Celsius was great btw. Super informative.

Last edited:

squeakywheel

Oct 29, 2017
I've just been mining (need to keep the house warm in the fall/winter) with what GPUs I already have at non-peak hours so I don't impact the grid as much. Since nicehash is removing the ability to withdraw to coinbase for free, is nicehash stable/reliable enough to keep my coins within like coinbase/binance? I already have a wallet for my bitcoin stuff but was just thinking of doing the exchange to one of the other coins directly on nicehash and just leaving it there. I've been converting the $10/day bitcoin I generate to XRP.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
How many people here are staking their ETH? Thoughts so far?
I have a decent amount but not sure I want to tie up over 32 ETH for an unspecified amount of time.

x3sphere

Oct 27, 2017
How many people here are staking their ETH? Thoughts so far?
I have a decent amount but not sure I want to tie up over 32 ETH for an unspecified amount of time.

I staked all my ETH since May. I believe you can use services like Lido to stake ETH and still retain liquidity (ability to trade it) https://lido.fi/

However, be aware that converting ETH to stETH using Lido is likely a taxable event in most places. I just staked the regular way, which is not a taxable event but completely locks up the funds. I am fine with it since I wasn't planning on selling more ETH in the next 3 years anyway.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Are there good exchanges that allow you to buy cryptos without putting in your ID and all that crap? I'm not comfortable giving personal information to some exchange that might be susceptible to hacks.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Are there good exchanges that allow you to buy cryptos without putting in your ID and all that crap? I'm not comfortable giving personal information to some exchange that might be susceptible to hacks.

Well, mostly all the exchanges that allow you to onramp fiat all have to comply with the ID stuff to not run afoul of legal problems in the U.S. So there are exchanges that dont have those requirements that aren't based in the U.S. but it would be a situation where you would have trouble getting your fiat money in. I don't know of any fiat onramps without KYC/Identification requirements.

artsi

Oct 26, 2017
Finland

Think about it this way. Any exchange not complying with KYC law is likely much more dangerous than those who follow regulations.

You should be more comfortable giving your ID to a regulated exchange than giving your money to an illegal one that is probably based offshore and could run away with your money anytime.