Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
Where, not when. If the market wants to spend time consolidating at this level, I'm ok with that. But dropping say another 50% or something would be annoying.

It's gonna hit 5500 or so, so probably another 50% from where it is now. But that will probably be the cushion it lands on.

Lilalaunebaer

Oct 27, 2017
9000$, 5000$, what´s the difference if you have a long term commitment.
Drop to 1000$, like i give a shit.

Did ya´ll think this goes up continiously?

Look at the charts, but not just from the last month or two, but from the last 9 years. Just chill

AlsoZ

Oct 29, 2017

Look at the charts, but not just from the last month or two, but from the last 9 years. Just chill
Well the point is, if you bought at 10k, hold while it drops to 1k and then it goes back to, say, 20k... you'll double your investment long-term.
If you sell now and buy back at 1k, you'll 20x whatever you put back in at the floor, as hard as it is to time it correctly. This major difference is what makes even those who are confident in the future of crypto panic sell at the moment.

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
Geezz, how low we gonna go? I'm still pretty well above my initial investment but I'd prefer not to keep bleeding. Wondering if I should pull out now and wait for it to settle somewhere.

Oct 26, 2017
giphy.gif

*HODLing intensifies*

This place is great. I'm loving the adventure down. We need more of these to keep the spirit alive.

Icespark

Oct 25, 2017
The good news is crytek's crycash ico just got a lot cheaper if you are buying ether with fiat at this point. 1eth has always = 1000 crycash. The ico runs till January 31st so timing buying ether for usd and then getting crycash is important. Anyone think Crycash will be big? I still think it's probably overpriced and the coin cap is hidden till 70% of the coins are sold so hard to tell. Maybe I am being emotionally attached as I have such fond memories of building a computer just for Crysis and loving it so much.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
People/projects doing ICOs at the moment probably don't have the greatest time now. Luckily for them, most ICOs don't let you bail with your money/cryptos, once you invested in them.

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still at $800 gains. Lost like $1200 gains since last week. Wondering if I should hodl or pull out...

X1 Two

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

The difference is that you can sell for 9.000 and jump back in at 5.000. Holding is crazy right now, that's a strategy for when everything goes up. When it goes down you cash out and wait for the floor.

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
So, people that are trying to buy in at the absolute lowest, what are you looking at to help you make your decision when to strike?

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
I'm still at $800 gains. Lost like $1200 gains since last week. Wondering if I should hodl or pull out...
Depends at what your minimum goal was when you entered. x2? Or a car? Just enough money for a nice trip? If you are happy with what you would get out now then there is nothing wrong with it. You could always reenter when the signs turn to a sustainable green.
I tread my crypto money like i don't have it at all (like it should be). So there is no need for me to withdraw any gains now even it if drops further.

Septy

Prophet of Truth
Nov 29, 2017
United States
uBtj8Ln.jpg

Stop falling damn you. I would buy some Oyster Pearl (PRL) if I were you guys. Solid team and the price is <$1 at the moment. It was riding $5 before the crash.

Witness000

Oct 28, 2017
Toronto
It's better to just keep buying at prices below a comfortable entry point for you. One of those will likely be a bottom. If you adopt that mentality you also won't be a nervous trainwreck kicking yourself for not buying a week earlier, or a week later, because you'll have bought during both those times as well.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It feels like 9k is the actual floor. Every time BTC has creeped just below that is bounced back up hard. Now if the market would just realize it has a floor and calm down.

China and SK effectively banning crypto currency trading means it's future as it exists today is in doubt. You can bet other nations will follow suit.

China already basically left the market in the fall. They aren't really impacting this and SK was just FUD. They are fixing taxes, but aren't banning. And the guy who brought up the idea of a temporary ban is probably going to get fired. There really isn't a good reason for people to panic about Asia right now, this is a combination of the yearly january dip and a bunch of garbage FUD with millions of new investors who came in during December panicking.

Last edited:

Thisman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
China and SK effectively banning crypto currency trading means it's future as it exists today is in doubt. You can bet other nations will follow suit.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017

Blockchain tech is here to stay. Mabye not in the completely unregulated form it is now but it won't go away anymore. And even if all countries crack down on crypto, one of the privacy coins will survive and be it just for organized crime.

Last edited:

Fallout-NL

Oct 30, 2017
Blockchain tech is here to stay. Mabye not in the decentralized form it is now but it won't go away anymore. And even if all countries crack down on crypto, one of the privacy coins will survive and be it just for organized crime.

Isn't it being decentralized the entire point of blockchain technology?

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
SK is banning trading? What did I miss?

They arent, they've said they aren't publicly multiple times. Its was a badly translated article that people didn't read right causing a bunch of FUD when SK raided a bunch of exchanges for tax evasion last week. They are fixing tax policy and cracking down on anonymous investors. The finance minister who proposed they might need a temporary ban at some point to enable that has a petition with hundreds of thousands of signatures to have him fired now and they have publicly retracted any plans for a potential temporary halt.

Luschient

Oct 30, 2017
Fuck, keep going back and forth on whether or not to sell BTC in hopes that it then drops further and then I can buy back in cheaper.

Don't need this shit today!

Brandson

Oct 26, 2017
So $850 wasn't the ETHUSD bottom after all. Sorry I got that one wrong. It looked strong to me. I won't be selling anything down here. If it falls more, so be it. Any buys sub-1k will look good in a few months, if not sooner.

Spuck-

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
What I'd like to ask everyone is: we're all just investing a small percentage of our portfolio into crypto right? Nobody's putting all their eggs into this basket right? Because a lot of the emotions running through this thread as cryptos are crashing feel similar to the old place's Investing OT, which was filled with people betting their lives on junior biotech stocks.

People have taken out credit cards to buy into the speculative investment*

*Nobody dumb enough for that in here that I know of.

AlsoZ

Oct 29, 2017
completely unregulated would be the better term.
The basic dream is that there's an open technology not controlled by some country or large corporation that lets you make economical trades directly with others - securely and instantly.
All these other "specific usecase" cryptocurrencies/tokens/networks have to prove themselves first, but what I just described has such transformative implications that it will either completely revolutionize the world like the internet itself did - or perish at the hands of governments and corporations that want control (a completely understandable perspective)

Though I reckon the amount of money in crypto that's there due to the "dream" is in the single digit percent range at best. The rest is speculation.

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So $850 wasn't the ETHUSD bottom after all. Sorry I got that one wrong. It looked strong to me. I won't be selling anything down here. If it falls more, so be it. Any buys sub-1k will look good in a few months, if not sooner.
I don't have much in ETH right now but I really enjoy reading your insight regardless. What are your thoughts on those claiming this is the bubble bursting. FUD?

Spuck-

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I wonder if I consult sheep guts will I be more or less accurate than most of the 'predictions' in here posted without anything to back them up.

Brandson

Oct 26, 2017
I don't have much in ETH right now but I really enjoy reading your insight regardless. What are your thoughts on those claiming this is the bubble bursting. FUD?

My view is that nothing has fundamentally changed about BTC or ETH. They will both be fine long term. My view about most other coins is that they are too risky for me, and their present valuations were not and are not justifiable. BTC and ETH's valuations got ahead of themselves too, but the rest of the market was really valued way too high. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't know if the buying enthusiasm for most other altcoins will be sustainable.

Given that ETH broke below $850 though and didn't bounce right away, I am revising my forecast for April from $3k to $2k.