Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Isn't there a better solution for the discord adding? Not attacking people who want to get in, it's just that it feels like 4 out of 10 posts are about discord.

NEO keeps going. Maybe going the way of ethereum.

Jiraiza

Oct 25, 2017
Folks still wanting to get in on the CryptoERA Discord, make sure you send me a PM with your Discord username (Username including #number) prior to 2359 hrs Pacific today, January 15th! People who fail to do so will have to wait until our next round of invites which we have not decided on when we will open registrations again.

Thank you.
Sent (another one).

On another note, DNA #stableasfuck.

Oversoul

Banned
Dec 20, 2017
Gotta say i'm not really famiiar with the discord app. Will my phone give me a notification? The 30 minute limit is a bit annoying to be honest...since I'm going to sleep now.

kupi

Dec 25, 2017
Isn't there a better solution for the discord adding? Not attacking people who want to get in, it's just that it feels like 4 out of 10 posts are about discord.

NEO keeps going. Maybe going the way of ethereum.

well you don't need to reply to drifters' post to join, but people keep replying lol

Hassel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I replied simply because I have sent a PM already with no luck. I wanted it to be know that I had sent a PM prior to the cut off date so if their was confusion I could point to the post as proof i made the request prior to the close.

Brandson

Oct 26, 2017
ETHUSD hit an ATH after my Friday post on somewhat low volume. RSI on 6H has been showing divergence on each of the last 2 ATH peaks (RSI peaks trending down despite the higher prices), but RSI of the bottoms has been increasing as well, forming a rare RSI triangle, which corresponds somewhat to the triangle on the price. The situation is not clear enough to call a direction yet. Breaking the RSI triangle will be a signal, and it could go either way at this point. This state could last until Friday, but I doubt it. I think we will see a breakout one way or the other today or tomorrow. If it falls, I will be watching for quick reversals around $1130, $990, and $875 (GDAX). Also note 12H MACD close to crossing bearish. That cross, should it happen, coupled with a break down of the RSI triangle, and I think you'll see the market selling increase in volume.

The RSI triangle is currently breaking down, and the 12H MACD crossed as described. If those hold for 6 to 12 hours, and don't bounce back up in that time, then we should see more downward pressure. Selling some on a bounce might be a strategy here. Trade at your own risk.

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
If you don't understand Bitcoin, then yeah you probably shouldn't buy any. People reading that article probably fall into that category.
I actually figure a huge amount of the know-nothings got into BTC in early-mid-December and didn't end up lasting very long.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
How do you guys feel about articles like this?

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/jan/15/should-i-invest-bitcoin-dont-mr-money-moustache

FUD from old media? I didn't really expect The Guardian to be getting in on the dogpiling on BTC.

It could be completely true. BTC entered a huge bear market right after MtGox, so if it was inflated for that time, it would explain why it took over a year for btc to recover and reach back where it was pre-mt gox. On the other hand it doesn't matter at all today. At best its masturbation bait for the people who hate bitcoin. For those folks, they will accept anything that displays blockchain in a bad light so they can fire up the ol' "tulipmania" and "bubble" shit again.

Bitcoin has been defying the people shitting on it for a decade now. Thats GOING to create some hard feelings. How long can you shit on something while it continues to make a fool of you by rising in value, acceptance and social reach before you start to grow a bit annoyed.... Toss in the graphics cards pricing effects, and yeah. You have yourself a little hate squad.

killerrin

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Decisions Decisions. Do I continue to hodl the $100 of Etherium I got at the ATH, or do I sell and hope it goes lower for the next bump. Only way it would make sense to sell at this point would be if I was sure it was going to drop to the $1300 range... so maybe I just hold :/

Oct 25, 2017
I was literally just to buy some bitcoin and some other stuff. Glad I held off. Plus I really didn't put too much in, so yeah, this dump doesn't sting as much.

But yeah, I'm ready to pounce on some stuff once it levels out.

Oct 26, 2017
I pulled out of my XBY and sold at about .45. This feels like it is going to keep going down, so I set up to buy back in if it dips to .35.

Garou

Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't this be the time you want to buy in, not cash out?

I think we will have quite a bit more of a correction in the coming days, from my perspective I'm selling high and hopefully will buy low some time later. I could be totally wrong of course but I don't see the downturn stop until there is some balance between red coins and green coins.

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not in US but I'd imagine trying to cash out and then back in during a dip makes the whole tax game even more of an absolute nightmare.

Garou

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not in US but I'd imagine trying to cash out and then back in during a dip makes the whole tax game even more of an absolute nightmare.

Same, but I started using CoinTracking.info, they have a tax-report function that properly calculates coin-coin gains. (You can also use my referral linkhere, this would lower the account-upgrade-fee (if this isn't allowed on Era please tell me or admin-edit please))

cryptoadam

Banned
Jan 2, 2018
How do you guys feel about articles like this?

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/jan/15/should-i-invest-bitcoin-dont-mr-money-moustache

FUD from old media? I didn't really expect The Guardian to be getting in on the dogpiling on BTC.

I think there is some truth in that you aren't going to make a fortune off bit coin. Maybe it goes to 30K or 40K, but everyone who made it big got in when it was 100 or less and HODL.

The rest of the industry is a big question mark. Will all these alt coins actually turn into real companies solving real problems? I mean technically right now buying COLX or FLASH is XRP is more of a hope that someone will buy it at a higher price than you sometime in the future rather than it becoming a dominate crytpo. Sure maybe we like the white paper or the website or the partnerships, but in the end its in hopes that the coin goes x50 or x100 or x1000.

That doesn't take away that these coins and the whole market can become just like any other market and the coins will have real value. I just think now its a tough time to tell where things will go. I could see a market cap of 2 trillion in 2 years, or the whole thing up and gone.

AlsoZ

Oct 29, 2017
I feel sorry for anyone who got in at 800 mil marketcap.

Unless you're in NEO, that's pretty much the only coin with notable green in the top 100

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Lol Im basically just breaking even now. Crazy how awful the last 2 weeks have been. I guess Ill hold since otherwise Im just gonna be losing money at this point.

Chumley

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

FinFunnels

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Lol Im basically just breaking even now. Crazy how awful the last 2 weeks have been. I guess Ill hold since otherwise Im just gonna be losing money at this point.
Same. But this will pass eventually. I'm planning on holding for at least year. I'm confident there will be more ups than downs overall. And if I'm wrong, I'm okay with that since I didn't invest more than I could afford to lose.

Spartancarver

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Haha wow my entire profile is getting slaughtered.

Ah well, this is why we hodl

Drkirby

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, market's down a good bit today. To bad I'm sick in bed, can't take the opportunity to get some coins on the cheap.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man I knew when the going got tough I should have put it all into purevidz, the savior of crypto. *eyes roll out of head*

I'm just HODLing everything. There certainly are a lot of good prices though if you think this is all going to come roaring back...

ronco2000

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I hope everyone who are new in crypto in the last month took out their initial investment. Doing so would definitely ease the pain that everyone are feeling right now.

Chumley

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Now is a good time to buy up some eth and btc brehs

Prologue

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
NEO and GAS looking good so far. The rest are sinking currently.

Is it wise to jump into NEO? Someone mentioned some ICO will launch on it soon

I hope everyone who are new in crypto in the last month took out their initial investment. Doing so would definitely ease the pain that everyone are feeling right now.

Vechain still has me in green despite losing almost 50% in PBL and Bounty. Poor bounty.

Starting to think its a good thing Vechain held off news until feb 26th. Even if they hit it out of the park, what good would it do in a market like now?

captainzombie

Nov 29, 2017
Man I knew when the going got tough I should have put it all into purevidz, the savior of crypto. *eyes roll out of head*

I'm just HODLing everything. There certainly are a lot of good prices though if you think this is all going to come roaring back...

I'm doing the same. A lot of the coins that I bought were before the December bull run so if we continue to drop I'll be good except for VEN which I bought close to the $6 range. I'll just use dollar cost average to get more if we hit the $5 range.

ronco2000

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
xv9M3E.gif

Ryufujin

Oct 28, 2017
Been spoiled since starting back in december where I doubled my investment, now everything continues to dip besides some coins.

I'm not really worried, I mean I knew things weren't going crazy to go up all the time and eventually will see some sort of crash. The only time I lost money was when I panic'd sell or tried to go on a coin that already left the train. Learned my lessons pretty quickly to just hodl my coins.

I still believe that I'll see massive ROI's by the end of the year. We're still fairly new in the crypto's timeline. I know its pretty hard to look away and amost everyone gets addicted to see how much money they're making or (losing). But I think its important to just take a step back from all this especially if you're in it for the long run.

For me personally, I've stopped checking my portfolio for the time being and will only check on it 1 or 2 times during a week instead of constantly checking throughout the day.