• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

The_Ultima

User requested ban
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Germany

I have backed this game back then and can confidently say that this is one of the very best Indie-titles you´ll ever play.
It combines SNES-era graphics, a fast-paced combat system, a really clever story that takes place in a fictional MMO and Zelda-like dungeons with puzzle elements from Golden Sun - but what makes this game stand out is the sheer amount of polish in every area that rivals high-budget titles.

It is also a perfect fit for the Nintendo Switch

Try out the demo via your Browser!
If you want to see what fuss is about there is a browser demo on their website: http://cross-code.com/en/home

For anyone curious about the flying hedgehags bit: http://www.radicalfishgames.com/?p=6581

Now… We've given this answer many, many times. But who knows, maybe it's too technical and that's why people just won't stop asking so we'll simplify it a bit:

Sorry but CrossCode will be coming to Switch when Hedgehags learn to fly.

Anyway, this is now our answer to all those Switch requests for the time being!
You can keep asking if you want (and you probably will). The answer will be the same.

Last edited:

Revolsin

Usage of alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
God-tier game acquired

Best Action RPG in years. Butt-tons of content, like 30+ hours. Deserves all the love

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cheeky bastards. Saw the flying hedgehags and laughed out loud over here. This game is phenomenal, hoping it can find itself a bigger userbase/bit of hype on switch.

Host of exclusive features means I'll probably double dip. That's okay, I'll win those dungeon races this time, I swear.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Really looking forward to this after all I've heard about it. Knowing that it'll have some form of new content on the Switch makes the wait seem worth it.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
CrossCode is exceptional. I'm definitely going to double dip even though I don't think i'll restart on Switch, I just want to support the dev.

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
Hadn't heard of this until like a week ago and now it's coming to Switch? Guess I'm buying Crosscode.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I remember there was a thread about someone asking aboit what type of RPG they should play...and this was recommended.

It looks dope! Definitely gonna grab it whenever it releases.

Vesper

Oct 28, 2017
The environment at the end of the trailer looks straight out of Chrono Trigger and when those 3 enemies rolled up into a ball I swore it was a straight reference to those 3 green enemies that do the same in Chrono Trigger but maybe I'm just a nut.

OP
OP
The_Ultima

The_Ultima

User requested ban
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Germany
Should I double dip?

Yes, you should.

There we go. Let's see a Hollow Knight level popularity boost for this, please.

I really hope as well, I liked Lachsen´s style since his RPG-Maker days and definitely want him and his team to continue developing great games.

*** cheeky bastards. Saw the flying hedgehags and laughed out loud over here.

Same here, the moment I saw those Hedgehags I immediately knew they were somehow going to start flying lol

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
It looked the most interesting game of this Nindies presentation together with WarGroove, I'll look up it.

butzopower

Oct 27, 2017
London
Amazing, they've been saying for months that it isn't possible due to Switch not having a good enough HTML5 engine. What great news and such a great surprise!

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
The game looked great but the only thing that stuck out to me in the trailer is that some of the effects looked rather busy. But I'm seeing all these glowing impressions of the game so I assume it isn't really a big deal once you start playing?

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Is this game more exploration focused or combat focused?
There's a heavy emphasis on both. Exploring a lot of the world is like a puzzle in its own way to get to the chests or secret path, and a lot of the best stuff in the game requires a good deal of exploration. It's an action RPG though as well, so obviously you'll be fighting a lot of enemies.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Yeeeees. I just discovered this game last week and I was so sad when I saw that a Switch version wasn't gonna happen.

Deadpixel1229

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 17, 2019
The game looked great but the only thing that stuck out to me in the trailer is that some of the effects looked rather busy. But I'm seeing all these glowing impressions of the game so I assume it isn't really a big deal once you start playing?

Yeah, looks like pretty typical Indie game why is everyone hyping it so much?

dedhead54

Oct 28, 2017
I've recentlty had the itch to play an RPG on Switch and this looks like it may be my answer!

OP
OP
The_Ultima

The_Ultima

User requested ban
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Germany
Is this game more exploration focused or combat focused?

Mixture of both, it encourages exploration by letting you find paths that are easy to overlook and some even require you to master light platforming challenges. It also has a big focus on puzzles and problem-solving.

The combat definitely is fast-paced but it never gets too hectic. Plus, what is shown in the trailer are boss fights which naturally are flashy.

Oct 26, 2017
Yay, can't wait to pick this up! I held off buying on PC because I rarely have time to sit down and play anymore, but on Switch is going to be perfect!

OP
OP
The_Ultima

The_Ultima

User requested ban
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Germany
Yeah, looks like pretty typical Indie game why is everyone hyping it so much?

CrossCode is a title with exceptionally high production quality and it´s incredibly polished. It nails the most important thing a videogame has to achieve: "game feel". You start playing and immediately get a hang of it and everything feels great and flows really well.

Rhete

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if they've tweaked the difficulty to be more controller friendly, it's definitely a mouse and keyboard game on PC.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
WOW!

They must have been trolling when they said they wouldn't do it before

Clearly something changed their minds or it was all just a joke/act

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah to me that trailer did not sell the game, it looked far too hectic. I had no idea what was going on on the screen most of the time.

But this thread has me looking into it more, it definitely does look interesting.

Deadpixel1229

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 17, 2019
There's a heavy emphasis on both. Exploring a lot of the world is like a puzzle in its own way to get to the chests or secret path, and a lot of the best stuff in the game requires a good deal of exploration. It's an action RPG though as well, so obviously you'll be fighting a lot of enemies.

Is it as good as Hyper Light Drifter?