• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
Part of the reason I liked the show was because of the songs, but honestly the recent episodes haven't delivered any good number. It's still an engaging show, though.

I suppose it can be justified in-universe, because Rebecca is getting better mentally, so she's distancing herself from the glamorize musical theatre.

the music has been awful the past few episodes. I mean the show is almost over, it's time to get in all the numbers you can.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I've got no clue where this show is headed ending wise for Rebecca. Is she going to become a playwright? Is that her true passion?

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
It will end with her writing a musical about her moving to West Covina

Absolutely.

I've liked the songs recently, even though they haven't been showstoppers (the antidepressants one was amazing though).

However, I will say, in terms of emotions, What'll It Be reprise legitimately had me out of my seat and in tears lmao. It made me soooooo happy to see Greg doing better, and bringing that song back just was amazing (and it was one of my faves of his from his entire run in the show).

OP
OP
PhoncipleBone

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Good episode and obviously setting up the Endgame. I like the callback to Love Triangles and the S2 theme. Then dropping the JAP Praise battle.

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
Great episode! Perfect! They set up 4 different stories and concluded them satisfyingly. Fun tunes too!
I'm happy for Paula, she finally got what she worked so hard for.
Valencia, I've been asking myself she did not propose instead since the last episode, haha!

Rebecca grew so much, she even admitted it publicly that she moved to WC to be with Josh.

Josh/Rebecca end game would be nice...

Barrylocke

Oct 25, 2017
"I thought all this drama was back in my past..."
"Jokes on you bitch, you'll never be free!"

Amazing cap to this reprise of one of my favorite songs in the series.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
It seems I am in the minority, but the reprises haven't been doing much for me. I'd like more original stuff to end things on a strong note. Hope the final set of episodes can deliver.

FiXalaS

Oct 27, 2017
Kuwait.
I think somehow she'll go with Nathaniel

Greg has a restaurant and they just tried dating this season. they don't work.

Josh broke a wedding last minute. Unforgivable for a woman.

By that process of elimination alone I think It is Nathaniel.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
I am thinking it's either

a. she realizes after going on a date with all three that none of them is right. Realizes there is no need to rush love and she can be happy on her own
b. she realizes after going on a date with all three that none of them is right. As she is about to sink into disappointment, a chance meeting with someone new occurs, and they hit it off right away

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
What's actually gonna happen is that she, Valencia, Heather, and Paula band together to make Friendtopia real.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I am thinking it's either

a. she realizes after going on a date with all three that none of them is right. Realizes there is no need to rush love and she can be happy on her own
b. she realizes after going on a date with all three that none of them is right. As she is about to sink into disappointment, a chance meeting with someone new occurs, and they hit it off right away

Trent Returns!

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
Obvious Greg ending incoming!

Unless it's no one and just #teamhappyrebecca

Nathaniel 😭😭😭😭

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If I was forced to choose between the three of them, it definitely wouldn't be Nathaniel. He has become a lot nicer, but ehhhhh

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
I didn't realize the last ep would be two hours. I figured we had two weeks left. You're the Worst ends next week too, and Broad City ended this week. It's a shitty couple weeks :(

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017

Speaking of, anyone else just still not buying Valencia being gay? She was obSESSED with Josh and going to marry him at the start of the show. It just seemed like way too much of a plot convenience to flip her that way - I've noticed in a lot of shows lately that a woman will decide that's she's gay, or bi, etc. From what I know, it doesn't happen like that. Of late, You're the Worst and Broad City both had this type of thing (mentioned above coincidentally).

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of, anyone else just still not buying Valencia being gay? She was obSESSED with Josh and going to marry him at the start of the show. It just seemed like way too much of a plot convenience to flip her that way - I've noticed in a lot of shows lately that a woman will decide that's she's gay, or bi, etc. From what I know, it doesn't happen like that. Of late, You're the Worst and Broad City both had this type of thing (mentioned above coincidentally).

Its more than fine in Broad City, show has had a looooot of queer undertones between Alana and Abbi since Day 1. While Abbi had always seen herself as being straight, from my perspective I think its not surprising that she would come to that realization. Also Abbi came out as bisexual in real life last year, so I can understand why she wanted to provide an opportunity to reflect that within the show. As for You're The Worst, well the character in question was completely called out on her not actually being gay, so yea.

Anyways, regarding Valencia, I have absolutely no issue with her being gay. The real problem is that Beth is laaaaaaaaaame, easily the dullest person in the entire show. I get that she's supposed to balance out Valencia's theatrics, but there's just no fun to be had with her character. Now the finale is next week, and sadly my opinion on her never changed. Hell, Valencia had more chemistry with Father Brah in that one episode than she ever did with Beth.

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
I had no problem with the old Greg, but this Greg is so ughh.... I didn't like the actor in Pitch Perfect.
Still hoping for a Josh ending.

OP
OP
PhoncipleBone

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Great episode. Weird Al! I wish he had a full song though.

And watching the making of the finale they have on the CW app.

Edit: Oh god, Rachel is wearing a shirt that says "Mel Brooks: The T Shirt"

OP
OP
PhoncipleBone

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Hmmm. They are blurring our script and whiteboard images in this making of doc, but also not hiding some photos of costume tests. I was thinking not blurring this one thing was a false flag and now they say they are filming a dream sequence. Phew. So no major spoiler there.

OP
OP
PhoncipleBone

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
The making of doc is great. Only real spoiler is the name of the song and how they filmed it, so very very minor. But goes into how much damn work a tv show is.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Paula is still the best character.
I think this episode leads to the conclusion that she's not going to chose any of the guys and go on to write songs.

I think that the ending will go full circle: she'll write a musical about her own story, and the last song will be a reprise of West Covina. And Other Rebecca was actually the actress who'll play her and sing her songs.

Yazuka

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
So it's ending next week? Man what a bummer. :(
This show has been so good. Really gonna miss the characters.

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
This was a banger of an episode. Incredibly well directed.
Place your bets, Era!
Greg, but no huge romantic gesture — just taking it slowly and agreeing to date and see what happens.

Show ends at Beth and Valencia's wedding, with Father Brah doing the nups and Greg and Rebecca having another normal conversation while he's drinking a glass of water.

I just see it coming full circle with how he and they acted during the last wedding.

Also suspecting that the West Covina song what Rebecca actually writes in her play about it (and her life).