• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kraq

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, online is completely broken right now. Teleporting everywhere, TNT stuck on my head, game crashing to PS4 main menu. Quite shocking that they sent it out in this state honestly, perhaps there'll be a patch tomorrow for the official release.

I will say that the CNK tracks in this game look amazing. Clockwork Wumpa in particular feels just right to play.

Cokesouls

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Did you pick medium difficulty? On medium the game already requires you to heavily use the boost mechanics.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
Banned
Jul 14, 2018
3 hours left in my region. I'll probably play the original to pass time lmao.

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sucks to hear about these online problems, I wanted to jump right in with friends :(

Chaserjoey

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
Is there a way to leave online without it going back out to the title screen?

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
Banned
Jul 14, 2018
Man what is up with kart racers not doing betas. Fucking NiOh made multiple betas, one for TSR and CTR would've improved the online experience by a ton.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Some of these one v one boss fights are really annoying.

And I'm playing on easy..

To whoever can finish this adventure mode on hard, you have my full admiration.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm halfway through adventure and hard mode is seriously hard, I don't recommend starting on it.

I've been playing the original game basically every few months for 19 years now and they've definitely recaptured the exact feel. Too early to be sure but something feels a little off with the flow of a race - characters with good acceleration can pinch every wompa box early and then disappear, you only have 3 laps to catch them and races are finished in 2-3 minutes.

Meowmixez

ESS ESS DEE
Oct 27, 2017
I'm halfway through adventure and hard mode is seriously hard, I don't recommend starting on it.

I've been playing the original game basically every few months for 19 years now and they've definitely recaptured the exact feel. Too early to be sure but something feels a little off with the flow of a race - characters with good acceleration can pinch every wompa box early and then disappear, you only have 3 laps to catch them and races are finished in 2-3 minutes.

I hope there is plenty of balance patches.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
only the skins/kart customization items are exclusive
iQFQIzn.png
Some skins and animations are exclusive to this edition.

Hmmmm, would like to have em but not worth the 20$. I wish I could get the pre-order skins though, bummed I'm gonna miss em'. I can't buy the game comfortably until I get paid tonight. Love that Tron lookin shit.

Oct 28, 2017

Wow even for a CTR vet hard is hard? Would you say even CTR vets should start on medium?

Out_Of_Ammo

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Now I'm scared to start on hard... Every stream I've seen from people who know how to drift boost leave the NPCs in the dust on normal, so I'd rather have some challenge. But if hard is too difficult I guess I'll pick normal just to get it over with.

DatManOvaDer

Oct 25, 2017
Damn. Shame to hear about the online. Hope theres some sort of day one patch thats yet to go out or something

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah the HDR is on but it pretty much looks like an SDR image :(

Also i expected better IQ since this is a 30 fps title but oh well. Game is fun

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Were challenges involving Pickups always a bloody nightmare? I feel like the radius on boxes etc was always way higher than in this.

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Online pretty borked on me too for now. Hopefully they iron it out before the Grand Prix start.

Anyone have issue activating the Oxide Edition stuff? It says on my PS4 it should be installed but can't actually access the skins.

Chaserjoey

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017

Here's a sample of online. Like I said before, I'm a newbie so I'm sorry that my driving isn't quite up to par yet! But yeah, this time the TNT went into gigantic mode...

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
the fps is super smooth 30 so far on the pro. I mean it feels pretty great. Reminds me of driveclubs 30 fps feel

Cr1st0

Oct 28, 2017
Think Im gonna enjoy this since I never played the originals. Hell I never owned a PS1 and missed on most of the classics