Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
If RE2 is the only other one to compare it to that's a sign of a fucking good remake

Also, isn't RE2R hugely different than RE2? It strikes closer to a reimagining than CTR Nitro Fueled, which is like an enhanced remake. These terms mean things, I swear!

I guess what I'm saying is, Nitro Fueled stays very true to the core experience of CTR while adding things around it, rather than overhauling big aspects of that core experience like in RE2R.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is this game really popular in South America? In twitch and youtube there are a lot of latin american channels dedicated to the game, even during the runup to release.

BetaM

Feb 5, 2018
There does seem to be evidence of a "weekend multiplier" in the files, but it's pretty lame to keep the base online earnings as low as local already is.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Is this game really popular in South America? In twitch and youtube there are a lot of latin american channels dedicated to the game, even during the runup to release.
Crash was absurdly popular over here during the PS1 era. His platforming games and CTR were a staple and lots of people played those titles, he highly regarded over here.

Edit: Wait! Online gains are the same as offline now? For real? No more multiplier for online?

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
There does seem to be evidence of a "weekend multiplier" in the files, but it's pretty lame to keep the base online earnings as low as local already is.
Ah that's good. It would have been nice if they let us know though. There desperately needs to be transparency when it comes to wumpa coins.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
The Pinstripe boss race is the definition of not fun.

Completed the "main" story campaign. Now I got try for the relics and CTR tokens. And apparently race Oxide again?

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I'm getting my ass kicked in adventure mode, I'm only on sewer speedway and I'm no where close to getting 1st, any tips for a scrub?

How the hell did I beat this game when I 8???

lightning16

May 17, 2019
This + Crash Cove + Blizzard Bluff shortcuts need looking at asap. All three are harder/less consistent than in the original game. Also for some reason I have a frequent fail rate when attempting the first Papu's Pyramid gap shortcut with a mask. I can get it fine with a turbo.
I haven't had issues with the Papu Pyramid shortcut but I have had issues with Polar Pass jumping across the gap between the small little islands with boost pads on them. I feel like you have to jump off the first little island in a very particular way to make it across. A lot of the shortcuts are definitely off and I hope they fix them.

y3k

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in the weird position where I played CTR all the goddamn time as a kid, but never realized that drifting was such a big deal. So here I am twenty years later trying to learn this mechanic on a game that I'm otherwise pretty good at by grinding time trials. And while I've got the mechanics down now, so far Ghost Me who isn't drifting at all is still just barely beating me out every time.

Fucking frustrating.

blue_phazon

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna sound like a humbebrag but this game needs a ranked mode badly

Tired of coming in first all the time

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
I haven't had issues with the Papu Pyramid shortcut but I have had issues with Polar Pass jumping across the gap between the small little islands with boost pads on them. I feel like you have to jump off the first little island in a very particular way to make it across. A lot of the shortcuts are definitely off and I hope they fix them.

On the other hand, there are some shortcuts that feel easier than before. I dunno if it's just the better rendering allowing me to see the lip of a jump better, but I can always hit the right-side landing after Hot Air Skyway's first turbo jump, whereas it was a nebulous task that always made me tense in the original. Similarly, I can nail the big gap at the end up Papu's Pyramid with a regular boost just fine.

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished the Oxide trials for Nitro Kart and now only have Sewer Speedway and Dragon Mines left, and I have to say I wasn't very impressed with the Oxide trials for them. Aside from Tiny Temple, I thought they were overall of a much more lenient standard than those in the original game. It seems like the time set for his ghost on these tracks leaves a lot more room for error and overall aren't nearly as close to the optimal time as they could be. I thought the Oxide trials from the original game were a lot better at teaching how to navigate the tracks than the Nitro Kart ones which were slightly disappointing.

The tracks themselves seem much more reliant on gimmicks, and they are much too forgiving in comparison to the originals I feel largely due to how wide most of the tracks are. In some cases, it's also not very clear or easy on the initial run to gauge where the track is going (more so in the earlier levels than the later ones I think). There are some interesting levels, but to me it doesn't feel like there's as much to them as in the original game.

I'm getting my ass kicked in adventure mode, I'm only on sewer speedway and I'm no where close to getting 1st, any tips for a scrub?

How the hell did I beat this game when I 8???

What difficulty? If hard, I'd say focus on the time trials first. Hard mode is quite challenging and you'll want to make sure you know the tracks well.

If medium or easy, I'd say the biggest issue you're having is not using the drift mechanic to its full use. Where possible, you want to try and make sure you're boosting almost continuously. The speed boost you get from being in a boost is incredibly significant and learning what lines to take around the tracks in order to maximise the amount you're boosted is essential. On medium or easy you don't need to have mastered boosting to clear the tracks in first place, but improving how long you can sustain boosts or build it back up if you lose it will really improve your win rate.

Learning how to do a sharp turn while boosting is incredibly useful for later areas in the game, but for the earlier sections learning how to properly boost around the tracks should be the biggest focus.

Last edited:

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty disappointed that the Switch version has no option for local system connect. I wouldn't use it a ton, but it still should be an option. Would be perfect for me and my girlfriend right now as our power's our from a storm and we each have a Switch and the game.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I just crashed to a dead stop jumping off one of the hills in Tiny Arena, as if I had slammed straight into a wall. What the fuck.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Tried doing the N. Tropy ghost race on Crash Cove and got destroyed. I'm never unlocking this character am I?

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Alright I give up trying to guess how the coin system works.

30 hour break = regular gain compared to offline play

8 hour break = 200 coins for Papu's Pyramid

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Online now works great on PS4. Zero crashes, finds matches almost instantly, they just need more modes and a progression system and they're golden.

Also, why the fuck are people picking Coco Park.

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
Kept track of my coin earnings again. Unlike yesterday were the shop reset didn't give me the boosted coins, it did give it to me today.

20 roo's tubes (1st) <-- for some reason the coin boost doesn't apply to the first race after shop reset
200 jungle boogie (1st)
270 thunder struck (2nd - 90% of 300)
180 temple (2nd - 90% of 200)
270 cortex castle (2nd - 90% of 300)
360 elektron avenue (2nd - 90% of 400)
170 blizzard bluff (3rd - thought this shouldve been 80% of 200 so 160 but was 85% of 200 instead)
225 android alley (4th - 75% of 300)
150 mystery caves (4th - 75% of 200)
300 tiny arena (4th - 75% of 400)
200 barin ruins (1st)
30 blizzard bluff (4th - 75% of 40) <-- Back to shitty rewards

So 2325 coins earned during the boosted coin period. Considering the amounts I earned earlier, I don't think it's a soft cap on the actual amount of coins, but instead just a 1 hour boost since it lasted for that amount of time every time so far. Can't say for sure though. The only sure thing is that everything is halved from launch weekend.

Last edited:

Roo

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck me, I can't believe they used L and R for hoping instead of ZR and ZL on Switch. Arrghhhhh. ;(
I was struggling with the exact same thing when I got the game. I kept pressing ZL instead of L so I was messing with the camera instead of power sliding.

I'm used to it now so it doesn't bother me anymore but man it was a bad call to map the buttons that way.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Just ordered this using the Target app and in-store pickup for $29. I can't pick it up until the end of the week when I'm back in town, but couldn't pass it up for that price.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
This game needs ranks fast. Just outlapped everyone on Tiny Temple :P

Also, got the gardener Coco skin and it has a unique podium animation, didn't know that. If only I could flex it on online races...

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah the game feels terrible because of this. I really hope they patch in the shoulder button swap option. I feel like half the time I am fighting the controls.
I was struggling with the exact same thing when I got the game. I kept pressing ZL instead of L so I was messing with the camera instead of power sliding.

I'm used to it now so it doesn't bother me anymore but man it was a bad call to map the buttons that way.
Ended up using the alternate controls.with ZR as acceleration. Feels somewhat better but you still have to use L.

Last edited:

skullwaker

Oct 25, 2017
The second Oxide race after you get all the relics is absolutely insufferable. I don't know how I beat him as a kid.

Edit: Well, I did it. Definitely took waaaay less time than when I was younger. Lol.

Last edited:

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The matchmaking seems weird, at least on Switch. I've noticed that when i just search for a match, a lot of times I can get a full 8 players. But once people start leaving, rarely are their slots filled back up. It typically just gets smaller and smaller until everyone leaves. Kinda frustrating. Hopefully it's not a sign of the game's population on Switch.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
3 karts down, 3 to go. Knowing my luck the one I really want (the trikee) will be the last to show up.

Mocha

Dec 9, 2017
o man it feels good winning first online especially on the new dino course.

Edit: not the dino course, the one with the teleporters.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2017
USA
Very surprised to come in here and see everyone upset about these Wumpa Coins. I haven't even given them a second thought. Just playing through adventure mode and getting so many options that definitely weren't there in the original game. Needing an incentive to play the game? What about the fun?

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I don't get what they were thinking. An incredibly expensive bundle on top of that - the most expensive item in the game to date.

I didn't even know he was a bundle exclusive. Lucky that I bought it then, as I love Dingodile so it came with his super soaker outfit and I had the cash, so had to go for it.

What Crash game is N-Trance even from? He wasn't in the original CTR right?

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Very surprised to come in here and see everyone upset about these Wumpa Coins. I haven't even given them a second thought. Just playing through adventure mode and getting so many options that definitely weren't there in the original game. Needing an incentive to play the game? What about the fun?
It's not so much incentive as a disincentive. If you want cosmtics at all you'll quickly come to realize how plying online is useless once your daily boost runs out and everyone always picks the tier 1 tracks for some reason.
I didn't even know he was a bundle exclusive. Lucky that I bought it then, as I love Dingodile so it came with his super soaker outfit and I had the cash, so had to go for it.

What Crash game is N-Trance even from? He wasn't in the original CTR right?
He is the main villain of the second Crash GBA game.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
I just barely beat Crash Cove's CTR Challenge on hard mode... holy shit that was rough. Not to mention that I was carried by like 4 masks lol.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

I don't really care all that much about the cosmetics, I just want the characters first and foremost, and grinding out 7200 coins takes fucking forever even if you play online. And that's not considering the other characters you have to buy for 1500 a pop.

It doesn't help that for the things I do wanna do (Time Trials), I don't get a lot of cash - only the minimum amount, and also only if I finish the run. If I reset because of a mistake, I don't get any coins at all.

So - the game disincentivizes, as Kinsei puts it, for me to play the modes that I do want to play if my main priority is unlocking all of the characters.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
I have to admit I kinda like how the pitstop works. Characters should be always obtainable and not only in rotation, but stuff like the cosmetics and packs make me look forward to seen what's there everyday.