• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017
Fun fact. Crash 1 was at one point at Naughty Dog called "Sonic's Ass". because it was meant to be a "behind Sonic" perspective to put it simply IIRC.

Leynos

Oct 27, 2017
Had you told me in the '90s that Sega would publish Sony's quasi-mascot on a Nintendo platform I wouldn't have believed you. Yet, here we are.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The naughty dog Crash games are being released on a Nintendo console, published by Sega.

Video games are bloody weird sometimes.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017
Wait

5133EDQNTYL.jpg

clickKunst

Dec 18, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
On one system a person can play Mario, Zelda, Kirby, Donkey Kong Country, Sonic Mania, Wonder Boy, Rayman, Crash Bandicoot, Bomberman and very shortly Mega Man and possibly Spyro. The kicker? It's portable. Is this not the best gen since gen 5?

Deleted member 1074

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ye dude activision uses japanese pubs to publish their games there like a lot of cods are published by square enix.

DarkSora

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 28, 2017
Crash and Spyro were never Sony IPs though. Universal Interactive owned both during the PS1 era.
So what you're saying is....

A former company(that tried to sue Nintendo over donkey kong and is now working with them on a theme park)''s old IP, that was exclusive to Sony, published by SEGA and is now releasing on a Nintendo system.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised Square Enix isn't publishing it as they usually publish Activision stuff

Sebastopa

Apr 27, 2018
I'll try to process this... A former Sony IP, currently owned by Activision, published by SEGA, on a Nintendo console.
No I can't sorry... Videogames are weird.

DinoPulse

May 25, 2018
Remember when Sonic and Crash became best friends after a Dance-off at E3 last year?

Maybe this is what came out of that friendship since Konami wasn't interested in publishing the trilogy remakes in Japan!

Last edited:

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
Cool, I don't have to import it now. The question is, do I still want to play it? :x

Motwera

Oct 27, 2017
Well, SEGA publishing this is unexpected to see. Although I was wondering when NST Switch would release in Japan...