Oracle

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
~10-15 hours

roughly the same as old crackdown games.

perfect.

This is such a detox for me from the overly challenging and long hour games I have been playing lately, especially with limited time on my hands. I have not had this much "fun" with videogame in quite a while.

get it everyone.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
perfect.

This is such a detox for me from the overly challenging and long hour games I have been playing lately, especially with limited time on my hands. I have not had this much "fun" with videogame in quite a while.

get it everyone.

You can beat it much quicker if you rush, but 10-15 hours assumes you'll be dicking around, doing a lot of the races and propaganda towers and doing a half assed orb hunt

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Game looks and feels like Crackdown. Something about the jumping and grabbing on ledges is a little bit easier I guess, a bit more forgiving.

Black Mantis

Oct 30, 2017
Loving it so far, about 3 hours in. Looks pretty good imo (playing on the X) and plays as a CD game should. I guess I can see why some people may not like it, but if you liked the previous games, this one should please you. I'd give it an 8 so far.

vahlorie

Oct 26, 2017
Damn, really one of those times where I hard disagree with critical consensus, game is beautiful and really fun so far, though I almost feel like you get too powerful too quickly, barely a few hours in and I already feel like a god zipping around raining destruction.

severianb

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
It seems MS is trying to squeeze everything out of their budget.
Which is supposedly a much larger budget now that Xbox is it's own division and not under the thumb of Windows. The studio buying spree confirms that.
I suspect the combination of a larger budget and Gamepass allowing for longer tails on games will mean less rushed games.
All of this happened a little over a year ago and AAA games take at least 3 years to get done. I'm quite curious to see what the standard output (as far as quality) is for Microsoft studios from 2021-on.

harz-marz

Oct 28, 2017
Damn, really one of those times where I hard disagree with critical consensus, game is beautiful and really fun so far, though I almost feel like you get too powerful too quickly, barely a few hours in and I already feel like a god zipping around raining destruction.
This is a good thing for me! I just want dumb wrecking fun!

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
Are these reviews just for the Campaign? Because the multiplayer's awesome so the reviews are a bit unfair if it isn't taken into account.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
Played my agent hunter match after the tech tests and holy moly did i just play the best match of my life...

DzZiA_JWoAAXRwh.jpg

Stats: 18 badges / 16 kills / 4 assists / 2 deaths

I'm a wrecking machine 😎

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Wtf I preloaded the game a few days ago and now the Windows Store seems to be downloading the entire thing all over again. God it's garbage.

B3N1

Oct 27, 2017
Played an hour with gamepass. Brought up all the memories from 10 years ago. I'll enjoy it a lot if it's really a 10-15 hour campaign and won't overstay its welcome.

What surprised me, was the language, I don't remember any fucks and motherfuckers from previous games. It feels edgy and out of place (and I never had such issues with games before).

Any suggestions for HDR setup? Running a C8 with Dynamic Tone Mapping, suggested brightness was 0, and I cranked the paperwhite to the max. It pops nice, but I have no clue whether this is correct or not. (BFV also suggested minimum brightness during calibration, but that was also incredibly dark in-game).

Why can't everyone do the Gears/Forza sliders? :(

Last edited:

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Says 19GB for me which is what the entire base game was if I remember correctly. This isn't the first time it's happened either, Gears 4 and Horizon 3 pulled the same thing.

Falconhoof

Oct 30, 2017
Really enjoying this. Caveat - I've not played any recent open world games so I don't know how it compares to them.

Sunk about 4 hours into it so far and it feels like I've barely scratched the surface. There's always something to do about 30 seconds away, or the glow of an agility orb on a rooftop somewhere close. It really nails having a character get slowly more and more powerful until they become a one-person army.

Very diverse game too, character-wise. People will say "Where are the diverse games?". Right here.

Oct 25, 2017
tried playing co-op with m,y brother, 30 fps lock with random stuttering and then we got a network error and it disconnected :(

Deleted member 8777

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I played a little and it definitely feels like a budget game but it's not too bad. Is there no music while in a car tho? I remember the original crackdown had that.

MotiD

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone else having an issue where the game freezes for a a second or two? I turned on the fps meter and it looks like an fps drop, but I'm not sure what would cause it
I set the setting to auto detect and they are mostly set to ultra and the fps is 65-70+ most of the time except for the drops

i7-4790k
GTX970
16gb

Elliott

Oct 25, 2017
Trying to load the game but it keeps crashing after the sumo digital splash screen. Wasn't having this problem a moment ago. Should I reinstall?

edit: nevermind, rebooted my Xbox and now it works. Should always try that before anything.

Last edited: