DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ANJkMzd.png

After being handcuffed together for a staggering 123 days — using the bathroom in front of one another and taking turns showering mere inches apart — troubled Ukrainian lovers Alexandr Kudlay and Viktoria Pustovitova have taken their shackles off and are moving on from one another.

Pustovitova, an eyelash technician from the eastern city of Kharkiv, proposed that she and Kudlay, a car salesman, handcuff themselves together on Valentine's Day as a last-ditch effort to save their rocky romance.

"I decided it will be an interesting experience for me," Pustovitova told Reuters at the onset of her and Kudlay's love lockdown in February.

In addition to taking care of their personal hygiene in front of each another, Pustovitova and Kudlay went grocery shopping together, took side-by-side cigarette breaks and even accompanied one another to work.

But Pustovitova ultimately had to quit her job as a beautician because clients weren't comfortable with Kudlay standing over them as she manicured their eyelashes.

A handcuff cutting ceremony, supervised by Ukrainian records chief Vitaly Zorin, was held in front of the country's Unity monument in Kyiv, and broadcast on national television.

Zorin, according to the Mirror, plans to introduce himself to the newly single Pustovitova.

Pustovitova and Kudlay are now leading separate lives in distant regions of Ukraine.

However, they plan to jointly sell the handcuffs in an online auction and donate part of the money to charity, per Reuters.

More at:
www.news.com.au

Couple handcuffed together for 123 days

Talk about dumping the old ball and chain.

Lock if old

j7vikes

Definitely not shooting blanks
Jan 5, 2020
Damn. I really figured that would work. Oh well hopefully some other couples will try.

Apr 25, 2020
Not surprising in the slightest. Humans need their own space one in awhile, even apart from the people they love.

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Was coming into this article thinking they did this for some kind of competition or money reward... Does not seem worth it..

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
Ah yes, what better way to save a failing relationship than physically restraining them together 24/7.

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Big brain energy here...they should have made a post here before going with that idea

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
By the headline, I figured this was some type of radio show promotion, or a contest or something! Doing this willingly without a time-based payoff? GTFO.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I'm an eyelash technician and my husband is a butterfly whisperer. Our budget is $1.3 million.

fauxtrot

Oct 25, 2017
"How many things can you fit into an article that makes the reader want an asteroid to take us all out" challenge?

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I assume this would be the case for almost anybody. Even in the most solid relationship you want time to yourself.

Feb 1, 2018
Texas
Everything about this seems suspicious.

Are we sure this isn't just a setup or a troll or something? None of it makes sense logically.

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
But Pustovitova ultimately had to quit her job as a beautician because clients weren't comfortable with Kudlay standing over them as she manicured their eyelashes.

Imagine quitting your job because of something as stupid as this

Edit: Thinking about it this feels fake