Who would win with both at peak strength and mental condition?

• Cap for sure

Votes: 217 29.0%
  • Tony Stark has this in the bag.

Votes: 530 71.0%

• Total voters

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Can't believe anyone is voting against Cap? He literally trashes Iron Man in Civil War.
Eh, that was 2v1 for a good chunk of the fight, was in an enclosed space (which helps Cap a ton) and with Tony in a really bad mental space. Plus he wasn't even trying to fight Steve anyway, he wanted Bucky.

I think the Iron Man suit might have even been damaged as well, but am not 100% on that.

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
For that to get that far required Tony to start with the gloves on (with Cap), and being teamed up with both Winter Soldier and Cap going as hard as they can and for Tony to not do any long distance weapons, like missiles or lasers or flying.
I was mainly spoofing how Tony has contingencies for everything but not that.

The best part of the fight is when Cap yanks him out of the air. I love how much weight there is to Cap's fighting style.

I was going to ask what would Cap do if Tony fought remotely but I remember Pepper Potts broke a set of armor herself. Furthermore, the power of her love convinced Tony to self-destruct two dozen armors.

Cap and Thanos only disabled one. Hulk broke the Hulkbuster. Pepper OP confirmed.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
I was mainly spoofing how Tony has contingencies for everything but not that.

The best part of the fight is when Cap yanks him out of the air. I love how much weight there is to Cap's fighting style.

I was going to ask what would Cap do if Tony fought remotely but I remember Pepper Potts broke a set of armor herself. Furthermore, the power of her love convinced Tony to self-destruct two dozen armors.

Cap and Thanos only disabled one. Hulk broke the Hulkbuster. Pepper OP confirmed.

Wasn't that in Iron Man 3, where all his suits were fragile?

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't say that Tony was at "peak mental condition" though.

And Cap had backup.
And stark wasn't trying to kill him why cap was doing his best to save bucky.

This is a ridiculous question. We were entertaining pre Ragnarok Thor vs Iron Man. Did anyone think Cap beating Thor was a possibility?

Visanideth

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
There is really no question.

Civil War has a lot of caveats to make sure the fight can happen, but IW seals the deal. Tony brushes off things that would kill Steve ten times over. He lifts and throws a piece of spaceship that probably weights hundreds of tons at Thanos.

MCU Iron Man is just a step behind the Thor/Hulk/Cap Marv class of power. Heck, I could see them giving him one final suit that makes him a top dog.

Oct 27, 2017
In Civil War the only reason Steve won the fight was because Bucky grabbed Tony's leg which distracted him and Steve picked him up and threw him down before smashing his mask then his reactor with his shield. Not saying Steve couldn't have won the fight (unlikely given how things were going) but that's how the particular fight was finished.

There is no way Steve could beat Bleeding Edge armour Tony. That armour is probably capable of going toe-to-toe with Hulk and it has several gadgets which could probably incapacitate Steve within seconds.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
Iron Man in his weakest suit in the MCU could still dodge tank shells and one-shot tanks. Cap doesn't stand a chance against him.

LiquidShorttermBoutu-size_restricted.gif

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That was years ago though when he was just a rookie, I figure he still trains and that his buffness not is not because he has powers, he became more buff each movie.
His buffness comes only from the super soldier serum. Before that, he would fly away if you sneeze at him.

Lunchbox-

Nov 2, 2017
bEast Coast

watch from 5:45

at 6:15, Tony literally beat the fuck out of Cap and Bucky 2 on 1 and the fight is over and tells cap to stay down final warning. he could've ended him right there but doesn't and gives caps bum ass a chance to come to his senses because Tony's a good person, and then bucky takes a cheap shot.

AND he had a damaged armor in that fight, where the foot jets were broken so he count fly in that slam scene. not the nano tech one that fought thanos, while cap got one punched by the same guy

Ironman, without even breaking a sweat

Deleted member 2340

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That was years ago though when he was just a rookie, I figure he still trains and that his buffness not is not because he has powers, he became more buff each movie.

I'm a Captain America mark and think Cap has a shot against Stark but no. It's cannon that if Cap loses the Super Soldier serum his body reverts back into its scrawny form before the serum.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
Come on, it's easily Iron Man. Even without his borderline magic nanotech suit Stark beat the crap out of both Cap and Bucky in Civil War.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Steve without his powers is still a pretty buff though with CQC skills, Tony without his armor not so much.

Steve without his powers is fucked.
Pre-Serum he was like 4ft nothing, gets shooed away by random bullies.

Tony is a man of good health who works out regularly....It would legit be like a grown man fighting a child.

Can't believe anyone is voting against Cap? He literally trashes Iron Man in Civil War.

Go rewatch the movie.
Hell just look up the final fights on youtube.

Ironman won then turned his back.
IF this is a fight where only incap or death is the end result, Ironman in suit even the briefcase suit wrecks Serum Captain America.
Bleeding Edge Ironman doesnt even break a sweat.

If we remove powers.....its Tony by a Landslide.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017

Tony wouldn't know what hit him. Cap would talk smack about Howard Stark then throw his shield at the arc reactor while Tony is having a panic attack.

Trafalgar Law

Nov 6, 2017
no way tony doesnt win how if both sides are healthy and full strength
tony can shred tanks easy with lasers and tank missles, he can also summon hundreds of armours to battle

also especially infinity war tony, he is a tier above and a proper powerhouse, he ends cap

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
Remember that time that Thanos literally threw a goddamn moon at Tony and Tony was like "lol ok bitch."

But yeah, Steve throwing a shield at him is gonna do the trick.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Captain is my man, but lol come on it's not even close.

Captain beats him in Civil War just thanks to Bucky, because Iron Man doesn't want to fight Cap, and because at this moment Tony is pretty fucked up in his head, he just learned that Bucky killed his parents. (Also, close range combat in a restricted space. As seen in Infinity War, Iron Man is at full power when he can freely move in large spaces)

And from Infinity War, he has some nano tech shit that is capable of easily beat the crap out of some of the most dangerous aliens there is. He even has a fair fight against Thanos who already has 4 infinity stones lol

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Tony is basically a gunship (even without his Nano juice). If Tony really wanted and was cool headed, he would gain distance and then bombard Cap with mid/long range weaponary. Cap can't breath when fire is all around him.

Going CQC gives Cap a chance. Like seen in Civil War but come on.

Oct 26, 2017
CAP. cause cap's power level is really inconsistent. he goes from slightly super human, to potentially duking it out with hulk.

Plus CAPS shield is one of the strongest plot armor devices there is, doesnt matter the tech getting thrown at it, the shield will survive and then tony will take a freight train hit at 60+ miles and hour

Zom

Oct 25, 2017
People saying Cap are ridiculous, the guy got trown to the floor with one punch from Thanos while Tony makes him bleed and survives for some time.

Deleted member 52407

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 23, 2019
There is really no question.

Civil War has a lot of caveats to make sure the fight can happen, but IW seals the deal. Tony brushes off things that would kill Steve ten times over. He lifts and throws a piece of spaceship that probably weights hundreds of tons at Thanos.

MCU Iron Man is just a step behind the Thor/Hulk/Cap Marv class of power. Heck, I could see them giving him one final suit that makes him a top dog.

Iron Man didn't lift and throw anything, more like "nudged" a large piece of debris that was already floating due to Titan's gravity & atmosphere being jacked up. I don't think Iron Man comes close to their durability and strength based on MCU feats. Clearly stronger than Cap, though.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
How does Cap have so many votes. Like the character more all you want but this is very one-sided.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Iron man easily. Having cap even compete with him in civil war even with the help of Bucky annoyed me because he's clearly been shown to be on a whole other level powerwise to both of those characters.

Ecotic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
With a pre-Nano suit and in an open air environment Iron Man can just stay in the air and bombard Cap with missiles and repulsor blasts. Any shield throw attempts by Cap can be quickly seen and shot down with repulsor blasts, or even caught by Iron Man and thrown far, far away, which would take away Cap's only ranged weapon. In an open air environment there's a 99%+ probability that Iron Man wins.

In an enclosed space Cap's chances increase, because he can target the arc reactor. Iron Man can foresee this though and have F.R.I.D.A.Y auto block any shots to the chest. Cap could attempt to beat Tony hand-to-hand, but if it's a fight to the death Iron Man can fire his chest beam and incinerate Cap. Iron Man could even shoot a tank missile in the enclosed space and burn Cap to pieces while his suit tanks the damage and leaves Tony largely unscathed. Even if Tony engages hand-to-hand F.R.I.D.A.Y can analyze his fight pattern and Iron Man's suit is far stronger and Cap will be beaten into a pulp. Still, Cap has a not insignificant chance of finding some way to get around Iron Man's defenses and damage his arc reactor. Iron Man gets an 85% of winning though.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
In a fist fight? Which is what I consider a fair one? Cap would smack the smarts out of Tony, Pepoer Potts would give Cap more of a fight in the ring.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Well, a "fair fight" isn't really possible since Tony's suit is literally plot armor. His gadgets and abilities are basically whatever the plot requires, especially with his new nanosuit. Cap would probably beat him hand-to-hand, but other than that Iron-Man could just manifest an Anti-Steve Cannon and blast him from afar.