• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Blue Ninja

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
What sourcing I can quote for that info?

If you guys are known to have inside track info educate me as I don't know your track records with this kinda info, sorry.
As stated above, Remedy's stated it multiple times. So unless Sony moneyhatted it again, it's coming out on all three the 27th. Sony just has marketing rights.

K' Dash

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I sold my PS4 after finishing GOT and my save file was there, cross saves need to become a thing, I can't believe this is not a feature yet... ugh.

Blue Ninja

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I'm still amazed the Remedyverse went from being hinted at in the background, to a full-blown reality. I'm ready to pull our boy from the Dark Place, he's been stuck there way too long.

Soma

Oct 27, 2017
San Francisco
has the performance on Control PS4 been improved at all?

pretty sure that's gonna be my next purchase as soon as my backlog is thinned out a little

KiDdYoNe

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, can't wait. Last DLC was alright, but boy oh boy that camera side mission was something else.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm just glad this appears to be taking place in anything but a bunch of featureless caves.

Mohsenix

Mar 31, 2018
I'm so fucking hyped for this.

Can't wait to double dip on that complete edition on PS5.

cvbas

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I'm fairly convinced this is Remedy (re)introducing Alan Wake to a new generation of players and this expansion will end with a big cliffhanger that leads into Alan Wake 2. Can't wait.

I just hope that the eventual Alan Wake 2 is more Alan Wake than Control. Easter eggs are fine, but other than that I hope they keep Bureau/Jesse/Hiss stuff to a minimum.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Im waiting for the PS5 version. I already skipped the first DLC so im gonna play both on PS5.. HYPED for this one

Oct 27, 2017
I really enjoyed Control on the Xbox, but my gripe with all expansions is that coming back to the game I completely forget all the mechanics. Ooof..! Want to play this but man...

OP
OP
Tovarisc

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
I hope they drop main game + DLCs bundle on Steam also on 27th, it's day when their exclusivity deal with Epic expires.

I just hope that the eventual Alan Wake 2 is more Alan Wake than Control. Easter eggs are fine, but other than that I hope they keep Bureau/Jesse/Hiss stuff to a minimum.

At this point I would expect cross-over to happen if Alan Wake 2 becomes a thing, Remedy seems to be embracing RemedyUniverse hard now.

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
Oh jesus christ. They moneyhatted DLC in Control too? I've been looking forward to this, replayed Alan Wake a month ago in anticipation.
The expansion pass was added to the Xbox store just over a month ago...for a game released a year ago in a few weeks. Yeah, it's gross.

That said, everybody should just wait until next-gen to play these, as you'll likely get to enjoy an experience with a framerate.

janoGX

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Chile
Alan Wake 2 is a matter of time now. Either that or we get Control 2 actually featuring Alan Wake in full.

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
Actually just deleted my save and started replaying this game last week. Super excited for this! I really enjoyed the foundation DLC but this should be so much better!

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
The expansion pass was added to the Xbox store just over a month ago...for a game released a year ago in a few weeks. Yeah, it's gross.

That said, everybody should just wait until next-gen to play these, as you'll likely get to enjoy an experience with a framerate.
I'm on PC, so i'll be fine there.

Hitokiri03

Oct 25, 2017
Perfect timing. I just finished Control and I was going to hold the first expansion until they announced the date of the second one.

DLC releasing on all platforms on 27th, confirmed by Remedy on 6th of Aug

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
i am once again reverting to alan wake board in quantum break mode
Eew6qyRXsAI9ArU

Holy shit it already says altered world events right there.

Also, for the OP, fresher confirmation right here from Thomas Puha (thank you!)

Debating on getting this (the season pass) day one on X but I've played the game kinda recently and wanted to play thorough it all again, it may be too soon. But we'll see.

russbus64

May 1, 2018
This makes my procrastination that much harder. Haven't started the main game and haven't bought the season pass yet. The Series X version will be a great time to finally jump in.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
I hope we get Control 2 at some point!

Also, the only way to play Alan Wake other than Xbox console is PC right?