Oct 27, 2017
I finished what I assume is the main questline of the DLC including getting the ID cards and giving the thing back to Emily. How much more stuff is there in there?

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
Fuck this I gave up at the end boss and the watch the rest on YouTube. These boss fights are so goddamn frustrating.

Sep 14, 2018
Does Emily's go further than getting the ID cards and going into the basement to get Ash's notes? Because I did that.

Also what spawns the altered items mission?

Nope, that's it. It's more of a lore sidequest, letting you know there's a mini nail that Dr. Ash used to contact Former, which may or may not relate to why he's not on the board anymore.

One item is in the collapsed sector and the other near the entrance.

AWizardDidIt

Oct 28, 2017
Just finished. Thought it was pretty ok. Some great lore developments and it was nice to just return and explore the game again after 6 months away. But the environments felt a bit samey and I think there was a real lack of interesting things to see. I'm hoping the next dlc is a bit more substantial.

That platform 'race' scene had me grinning like an idiot though. That's the goofy mind bendy content I come to Control for and that section really delivered (though I failed it once because I came in with only a quarter of my HP and the checkpoint back is pretty awful... Remedy really needs to get better with Checkpoints)

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
I just realized I only ever used grip and pierce for the entire game and this DLC. And I still was never able to fully upgrade them. Why Remedy thought this game needed 30 different types of mats to upgrade guns will never make sense to me.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Christ I'm having a hell of a time with these rock-throwing enemies. I had little to no problem with the main game but I just cannot get past this encounter. Must've tried 10 times now.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
Perhaps I am not in the mood to play this, but do you really have to keep buying token to activate the Jukebox every single time you die?

I died a first time, mostly because I was fumbling with the controls, seeing I haven't played this since last September, and just about had enough to pay for another token (a shy over 10,000 bits).

I died a second time, and I am now 9,200 bits away from buying a token again...

It feels like those timed games you play on the App Store — 'please pay 'X' amount to try again!'

Is it like this throughout this DLC?

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Perhaps I am not in the mood to play this, but do you really have to keep buying token to activate the Jukebox every single time you die?

I died a first time, mostly because I was fumbling with the controls, seeing I haven't played this since last September, and just about had enough to pay for another token (a shy over 10,000 bits).

It feels like those timed games you play on the App Store — 'please pay 'X' amount to try again!'

Keep in mind the Jukebox / expeditions aren't from this DLC. They're from a free update last year, and are kind of like a roguelike mode with a costume to unlock if you finish all three tiers. Also, you'll get a bunch of tokens from just killing things in the DLC.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017

The Jukebox is part of the Expedition free update which is a roguelike mode, it has nothing to do with The Foundation.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
Keep in mind the Jukebox / expeditions aren't from this DLC. They're from a free update last year, and are kind of like a roguelike mode with a costume to unlock if you finish all three tiers. Also, you'll get a bunch of tokens from just killing things in the DLC.
The Jukebox is part of the Expedition free update which is a roguelike mode, it has nothing to do with The Foundation.

Blimey, I am mighty relieved that it is not only a nonessential quest to conclude, but that it also isn't part of The Foundation DLC that I paid for too ... *PHEW*

Where am I going wrong with The Foundation then? What's the (ideal) starting point?

Thank you for the swift replies!

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Blimey, I am mighty relieved that it is not only a nonessential quest to conclude, but that it also isn't part of The Foundation DLC that I paid for too ... *PHEW*

Where am I going wrong with The Foundation then? What's the (ideal) starting point?

Thank you for the swift replies!
I think you should have a quest in your log mentioning 'The Foundation' if you've finished the game. You go to the hotline and things move on from there.

Gemüsepizza

Oct 26, 2017
Started playing the DLC, but man I'm getting really tired of the shitty combat:

- no health regeneration in and out of combat
- enemy damage too high
- fights are too chaotic, need to constantly dodge shit that almost one-shots you, or avoid falling off platforms
- weapons feel weak against bullet-sponge enemies
- constantly out of ammo / energy

Really have to force myself to finish this, which is a shame because I like the setting / world / characters.

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I haven't bought this yet even tho I really wanna support Remedy... I still haven't finished the main game because of that goddamn stupid final fight.

Gemüsepizza

Oct 26, 2017
Jesus Christ, I'm now at one of the new boss encounters ("Swift Platform"), and this is worse than the main game. A quick spoiler-free description:

When you start the encounter, an event starts where several smaller enemies appear after a certain amount of time. You need to fight them, while also having to dodge obstacles. After you kill them, the boss appears (with a big shield), who dodges your throws and who launches debris at you that will do lots of damage.

I died in this phase. And guess what, I got put back to a control point quite a bit away from the boss encounter. I then had to run back, start the event again, wait a few minutes until the boss appeared, ...only to die again. There even is a small cutscene during the encounter, which would have been the perfect time for a checkpoint, but nope, back you go to the control point.

The funny thing is, apparently this was patched a few hours ago, and it was even harder with more damage coming from enemies / failing to dodge obstacles. I bought this game day one with the season pass, but I'm seriously waiting for reviews when their next game hits.

May 25, 2019
London
I played through the Foundation this weekend and boy was it a slog. Uninteresting environment, banal new abilities, a story that doesn't really go anyway, and a totally squandered sequence ("Swift Platform") that could've been the next Ashtray Maze

Son of Sparda

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Damn I forgot this was timed exclusive on PS4. Really shitty move by Sony & 505 Games. I hope they don't make AWE time exclusive as well.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's supposed to launch today in Xbox. We are 25 in Europe. Nothing on the store ?

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's available. But it's really tough. 25´dollars on Xbox -ok- but it's on sale on PS4 for 15 .....

Pat_DC

Oct 27, 2017
Is the original game on sale? Don't know where to buy, pc, ps4 or Xbox
If you have a good pc not sure why you wouldn't go with that.

I bought it on ps4 pro and had a great time with the main game (got the plat which is rare for me) but would have 100% gone with pc if my gpu was more beefy and gone for a locked 60 over the (now and then) wobbly 30 on console.

Performance definitely has some moments here and there when things get crazy. But wasn't anything that ruined the game for me. Especially as I got it for a good price on the last psn sale.

How are peoples feelings about foundations?The season pass is on sale atm on psn.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Guys just bought the dlc on sale on psn . Now question is I play the dlc on pro or wait and play the dlc on ps5 (since there is a ps5 version )?

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Guys just bought the dlc on sale on psn . Now question is I play the dlc on pro or wait and play the dlc on ps5 (since there is a ps5 version )?
There will be a XSX and PS5 version yes, but I don't believe it is confirmed yet that current owners will see their copy upgraded.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Also note that only the first dlc was time exclusive, the second dlc AWE will come out same day on every platform

Nov 2, 2019
FINALLY can play the DLC on Xbox. God damn I hate timed DLC. A month pisses me off enough but 3, ugh... Even shittier for them to put it on sale on PS4 when it launches on XB1.

Oh well. This and FF8 remaster are the only 2 games I've 1000/1000 I loved it that much so I'll bite and buy it. They got me...

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Seems like it might handle a few hanging threads from the base game and the environment manipulation abilities look cool.

Kind of wish the base game didn't feel so unfinished though. Hopefully people who get in at the "GOTY" edition will have all their questions answered.
Yeah as a game I never picked up but considered buying, a GOTY edition with the DLC included definitely appeals to me.
Didn't this game have some issues around major frame drops or something, I wonder if they'll do a ps5 edition to combat any performance issues