• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's no way in hell the game is 60 FPS on either console, this is using a lot of the tech from Quantum Break and that game brings PCs to its knees still.

Might have an unlocked framerate, at most.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Screenshot thread's gonna be nuts.

Game has such style.

tumblr_perfuuBA3h1qgojgxo3_500.gif

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Talking abou the OT, I might as well ask. How one does exactly make an OT thread? Obviously a lot of work go into them, so people ask the mods before hand? Or just create it and that's it?

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Don't need to watch this. Was pretty much sold when I realized this is Remedy doing some cool, weird, creative stuff. While still anchored in automatically compelling gameplay mechanics like telekinesis. I think this has the potential to be Remedy's best game yet, or at least very cool and good. Top game on my wishlist. Can wait to play it in 2020.

I was gonna say "unless GMG pulls some loss leading magic out its ass", but I don't think this game is even available on GMG.
No yeah, it's not available in any third party store, it truly and completely is EGS exclusive.
This means that it is 33% more expensive for me. Don't much care for that.

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
Picked up the Xbox version yesterday.

I'll start by saying I've never really played their past games. Quantum Break was the only one I put some time into but then I just stopped. Not because it was a bad game. I just got caught up in other games. So I can't compare.

I've played about an hour of Control and the Sci-Fi aspect of it is what grabs me. Haven't had too much time with combat but I'm liking it. Still in the beginning but you can tell right away it will be fun.

I saw footage a few months ago and said, "this looks like it's going to be a crazy ass game" and decided I'll pick it up for sure. Haven't really read any info or seen other footage other than that first time. It gave me some Inception "I'm going to mind fuck you" vibes, haha.

Being that we are still 1 week away from launch, I won't really get into any story details. I'll post 3 screenshots from in game, though:

And here's a quick 1 min video of the training area where you get the gun:

I know people were curious about the Xbox One X version. Might not be the best video but it's a small glimpse.

Going to play some more in a moment. I'll give some impressions of combat when I'm able to learn more moves.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Picked up the Xbox version yesterday.

I'll start by saying I've never really played their past games. Quantum Break was the only one I put some time into but then I just stopped. Not because it was a bad game. I just got caught up in other games. So I can't compare.

I've played about an hour of Control and the Sci-Fi aspect of it is what grabs me. Haven't had too much time with combat but I'm liking it. Still in the beginning but you can tell right away it will be fun.

I saw footage a few months ago and said, "this looks like it's going to be a crazy ass game" and decided I'll pick it up for sure. Haven't really read any info or seen other footage other than that first time. It gave me some Inception "I'm going to mind fuck you" vibes, haha.

Being that we are still 1 week away from launch, I won't really get into any story details. I'll post 3 screenshots from in game, though:

And here's a quick 1 min video of the training area where you get the gun:

I know people were curious about the Xbox One X version. Might not be the best video but it's a small glimpse.

Going to play some more in a moment. I'll give some impressions of combat when I'm able to learn more moves.

Steve McQueen you might be interested in this post.

AWizardDidIt

Oct 28, 2017
There's so many insane little details that I'm loving in this trailer. I'm kind of entranced by the way that she floats/flies. It looks very authentically awkward, like someone suddenly in zero-G who doesn't actually have full control of their momentum. I love that touch.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
This genuinely has my vote for best realtime graphics in 2019.

The particle effects are amazing, and the attention to detail. There is this power where the protagonist makes a shield of concrete (the one seen in the trailer) but I believe she will also use pieces of whatever is close, because in one of the videos I saw shattered glass, and I don't think those are there in this trailer.

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
That was really, really, really good.

I've been interested in the game based on the gameplay I've seen, but really didn't know anything about the plot or how it'd be told. This looks mindfucky as all getout and I love that.

Man, hope the PC version runs well, cuz I'd love to play this at the best it can possibly look.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
this sucks. control on ps4 is $50 on amazon and walmart, but on pc its a full $60 on epic game store. cant find it anywhere else. i usually stay away from the epic game store threads but this is lame. i thought games were supposed to be cheaper there.

no offense to devs since there seems to one in this thread, but if the store cut is only 12%, arent you supposed to pass on the savings to the customer? i know on consoles, the retail cut is 20% and then console makers take another 10% so thats 30% total. i get why console games would be $60 but pc games dont have to pay any loyalty fees and epic is only taking like $7 max.

Talus

Banned
Dec 9, 2017
This genuinely has my vote for best realtime graphics in 2019.
The Northlight Engine is pretty sweet. I love the look that comes from it. Quantum Break gets criminally underrated in the visuals department imo.. likely because it was quite blurry on the OG XO.. but on a PC, or the Xbox One X, Quantum Break really shows off the engine nicely. Yea, the game is a performance hog, and there's some issues with ghosting from their temporal injection method, but you get the sense that the engine is/was capable of much more.

When it was announced that the engine would support Ray Tracing, and they showed that tech demo running on a Volta gpu.. even though it wasn't denoised.. you could tell it was something special.

In Control, the amount of effects and particles and craziness of this game makes it look spectacular imo.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
I need this game all over me.

Also: ""things change when you become director" *sploosh*

I decided that the truth is that Max Payne and Control are set in the same universe. Max Payne himself is an object of power and that's what explains his inhuman reflexes (the guy can shot a rocket down with an uzi for jupiter's sake).

Not only that, Alan Wake plays the Scientist that you see in the projector videos.

And I'm pretty certain that's Jack Joyce as the bald head villain looking character.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
this sucks. control on ps4 is $50 on amazon and walmart, but on pc its a full $60 on epic game store. cant find it anywhere else. i usually stay away from the epic game store threads but this is lame. i thought games were supposed to be cheaper there.

no offense to devs since there seems to one in this thread, but if the store cut is only 12%, arent you supposed to pass on the savings to the customer? i know on consoles, the retail cut is 20% and then console makers take another 10% so thats 30% total. i get why console games would be $60 but pc games dont have to pay any loyalty fees and epic is only taking like $7 max.

Trickle down economics is a scam.

Wowzors

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
Do we know when the review embargo is up? I have very cold feet after quantum break on PC. I don't have any issues buying on Xbox one x/PS4 pro but I really want to know what it performs best on and looks best on.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
I want to be day one with this game but I preorder astral chain, have to save my platinum games from bombing!

Cant wait to get to this eventually though, it looks fantastic.

Oct 27, 2017
Control |OT| Alt-Delete
Control |OT| Jesse Faden's American Nightmare
Control |OT| A Quantum Break in the Oldest House
Control |OT| Fringe Division

Spark

Dec 6, 2017
Got this for free with my GPU so it'll make it my first raytracing enabled game, have high expectations.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil

It is cheaper for me. Almost half what new games cost on Steam, although I might add that other games, like Cyberpunk, are the same price on both store.

Not only that, Alan Wake plays the Scientist that you see in the projector videos.

And I'm pretty certain that's Jack Joyce as the bald head villain looking character.

That's cool. I knew of the live action videos but I haven't seen any, keeping it for when I get the game. Those are all nice details from Remedy.

Jamie

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Looks really good, and the music fits the game-play. Great trailer overall.

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
Been enamored by that art style since I first laid my eyes on it. Remedy I salute you.

Will unequivocally go down as one of the best looking games this gen.

Day 1 on the Pro.

Adder7806

Dec 16, 2018
Looks great but it's going to have to wait for me. Just do not have the time right now. Will definitely get later this year.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN

Not up to Remedy, all on 505 Games. They are supposed to trickle it down as publishers. At this point I just hope that Remedy is getting slice of those sweet, sweet EGS millions that 505 Games took with exclusivity deal as it could potentially harm games sales on PC and directly impact income of Remedy.

----------------------------

Trailer was really good, got me even more excited for the game :)

Also I have to put RTX ON @ 3440 x 1440 with my 2080Ti and pray for playable FPS...