• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
A point someone brought up against you was that you gave up on the plan in quite the unenthusiastic manner. What made you not defend and champion the plan, even if the odds were against it succeeding? It was your plan after all and you thought it was a good one, even if just in theory.

Why was the transition from the poetic nin - the champion of the plan, to the nin of today so sudden?

I thought It would get more traction, yet it received a lot of rightly criticism for not being well thought out. After thinking some more about it the risk outweighed the initial great positive outcome it had.

would be willing to come back to it though.

Ynnek7

Oct 25, 2017
I kinda feel like any plans to test/play around with the room mechanic might get more traction Day 2 or 3. By then we might see what effect they have on the game(if any) and include those effects in what we want to try.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
I thought It would get more traction, yet it received a lot of rightly criticism for not being well thought out. After thinking some more about it the risk outweighed the initial great positive outcome it had.

would be willing to come back to it though.

What risk was there with your plan?

TheWorthyEdge

Oct 25, 2017
It runs me the wrong for sure, it feels very deflective with out giving good reasons to trust him.

How the hell am I supposed to give you good reasons to trust me when I don't have anything to back it up with? It's Day 1. Trust me. I'm town. I've been absent for half a day. Let's see what else...uhhh...I made a joke with Nin. I'm town, can't you see??? In this current stage of the game what is a "good reason to trust him" to you?

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Woke up to only 4 pages. Step your game up guys!
Initially i wanted to put a vote down on Pirate because of These in my opinion low in Content and lazy posts

but going back a bit i saw These

And i could not follow up and put a vote down on someone who called out others.

For my money no vote on Pirate today.
[/QUOTE]
But...why? Isn't that the majority of the roster then? This seems like a poor reason from you Nin.
^

You're not wrong about any of this. There are much better and much more talkative players in this game than me, I don't need to try being a Town Leader and pied pipering the Town to their doom like I usually do here, and that's ok with me, I'm fine with taking a backseat on D1 when I don't have any reads that I'm passionate about. Literally none.

Because I don't have any better reads and these people have given very little for us to work with, making 10 or less posts so far. I would probably want TWE the most out of the group for now.
I only feel reasonably good about aeleus from the top of my head.

If TWE can't give me a reason to move my vote I won't feel bad about leaving for work in an hour and not coming back for day end.
This is an interesting post connection from Monkey->Fanto->Wee where they agree that TWE hasn't put in enough effort today for them to not vote there. Monkey comes out looking better since her post was pretty comprehensive on why she would choose him or others out of the low posters.

Wee I can understand, since she apparently already was on him.

Fanto is kind of...his vote for TWE was odd. It felt less like he was making an informed decision and more like he was latching onto Monkey's reasoning for why and who to vote among the low posters. I know he usually says Monkey always manages to convince him during the game and he's scared of being pocketed but this was him jumping on Monkey's back and riding away.
I'm just letting the paranoia consume me. I have no D1 reads, I'm feeling incredibly rusty at this game, nothing is sticking out to me as something I should be worried about. I have no idea who I want to vote for.
So, Fanto admits to not having any reads at the moment (besides wanting to behead a low poster I suppose) and it's likely he took Monkey's post as a direction for where to vote. Fair enough.

Fanto is a good player, so that's why it's interesting that he reversed course on his TWE vote rather quickly, in under 10 posts even, as if he felt like that was a wrong move. Is it possible he noticed something? Perhaps him and Wee have a connection, and that's why he unvoted?

TheWorthyEdge

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really curious now as to why Dr. Monkey took their vote off of me so soon after disagreeing with my EPIC comeback post.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really curious now as to why Dr. Monkey took their vote off of me so soon after disagreeing with my EPIC comeback post.
I disagree with lots of people, but it doesn't mean I think we should kill them. I also in that very same post indicated exactly why I was dropping that vote.
This is an interesting post connection from Monkey->Fanto->Wee where they agree that TWE hasn't put in enough effort today for them to not vote there. Monkey comes out looking better since her post was pretty comprehensive on why she would choose him or others out of the low posters.

Wee I can understand, since she apparently already was on him.

Fanto is kind of...his vote for TWE was odd. It felt less like he was making an informed decision and more like he was latching onto Monkey's reasoning for why and who to vote among the low posters. I know he usually says Monkey always manages to convince him during the game and he's scared of being pocketed but this was him jumping on Monkey's back and riding away.

So, Fanto admits to not having any reads at the moment (besides wanting to behead a low poster I suppose) and it's likely he took Monkey's post as a direction for where to vote. Fair enough.

Fanto is a good player, so that's why it's interesting that he reversed course on his TWE vote rather quickly, in under 10 posts even, as if he felt like that was a wrong move. Is it possible he noticed something? Perhaps him and Wee have a connection, and that's why he unvoted?
Let's follow this a little, because it intrigues me. Not only is there all this, but Fanto snarked at me for voting TWE after he had, so that gets added to the "wrong move" part of things. I also feel like there's some big contradictions in the way Fanto yelled about meta on various players but most of the people he doesn't want to seem to be for or connected to meta reasons.

The question is: is this just general frustration or is there something else going on? For me, there are four players who seem to be moving around certain pieces of information without really engaging that information:
wee
Faddy
Sawneeks
Fanto

They are all being somewhat selective with what they engage, and a little contradictory around it. I'm not really sure what to make of it. Faddy says rustiness. Fanto says frustration. wee says it's just being wee. Sneeks hasn't really addressed it but it's also early there.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Here are some things I want from the thread. I feel like I've been pretty active and clear but there are some things I feel like folks have been talking around but not digging into, so here are my requests:

I want someone to tell me why they townread Sawneeks. A few people have. Why?

I want someone to tell me why they scumread Sorian. Bad reads? That's most of us right now and Sorian is perfectly capable of some very bad reads. It's actually a point that indicates his towniness, I think. Show me where you think his bad reads become scummy.

I'd like anyone to weigh in on Terrabyte and anyone who hasn't yet to weigh in on nin.

I'd like to see someone unpack wee from last night through her defense through today.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
What was the reason?
I don't like the people who were on the vote with me. If I'm weighing between a prod vote and being on a wagon with people I'm not feeling great about, I'll usually drop off. I can always vote you again if I'm feeling like you're scummy. You're here now; you've been prodded. If you disappear again, that's something to consider. If you don't, I can consider your behaviors. But not big fans of wee or Faddy right now so not really feeling like voting with them without good reason.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
I disagree with lots of people, but it doesn't mean I think we should kill them. I also in that very same post indicated exactly why I was dropping that vote.

Let's follow this a little, because it intrigues me. Not only is there all this, but Fanto snarked at me for voting TWE after he had, so that gets added to the "wrong move" part of things. I also feel like there's some big contradictions in the way Fanto yelled about meta on various players but most of the people he doesn't want to seem to be for or connected to meta reasons.

The question is: is this just general frustration or is there something else going on? For me, there are four players who seem to be moving around certain pieces of information without really engaging that information:
wee
Faddy
Sawneeks
Fanto

They are all being somewhat selective with what they engage, and a little contradictory around it. I'm not really sure what to make of it. Faddy says rustiness. Fanto says frustration. wee says it's just being wee. Sneeks hasn't really addressed it but it's also early there.
I agree with Faddy, Fanto and Wee being particular, but Saw hasn't done much of anything yet for me to say so?

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato

I want someone to tell me why they scumread Sorian. Bad reads? That's most of us right now and Sorian is perfectly capable of some very bad reads. It's actually a point that indicates his towniness, I think. Show me where you think his bad reads become scummy.

I'd like anyone to weigh in on Terrabyte and anyone who hasn't yet to weigh in on nin.

I'd like to see someone unpack wee from last night through her defense through today.

Hello someone, I like don't fill any of these but like I care!

I don't town read Neeks, if anything she is way too into playing the game. Not that this is a scum tell, but she certainly has felt like an outlier out of everyone.

Sorryan is veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery slight town read for me. He is hella toned down from what he could be. Feels like he is playing for himself, whether that is a SUPER TOWN POWER ROLE or a zomgs neutral, who knows.

Terra who, is the meme answer here. He has not hit my radar for one and thus should be a valid MURDER candidate indeed. Nin is hmm. Slight worry there.

I actually like wee and felt wee's play has been enough to make it through today. Certainly, it can and is impossible to tell whether all the "woe is me" is genuine or not, but I did feel it was. Not that I have played with wee that much, though.

OP
OP
Fran

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
I mean everyone being in one room and the potential of everyone dying at the same time, yet for.me that is impossible design wise.
Fran would not create such a game where everyone could die at the same time.

tenor.gif

Oct 25, 2017

wee
Faddy
Sawneeks
Fanto

Fanto feels like frustration and I don't think this is Fanto's scum game at all. I don't love the way Neeks is playing, but I feel like that usually indicates town Neeks. Faddy I'm not as sure about, but my gut tells me that's not where to vote today

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Here are some things I want from the thread. I feel like I've been pretty active and clear but there are some things I feel like folks have been talking around but not digging into, so here are my requests:

I liked some of Sawneeks contributions. I liked her questions, i liked her push back on you for the Aeleus read. Although I now believe you are town so maybe that is wrong. I guess I should be more aware of her as possibly scum because the only other thing she has done is interact about Sparks. I expect town sawneeks to have pointed content before the day is over.

Sorian is bad reads and in general his lack of evaluation. He is throwing out nonsense and seeing if he can hit with it (pot,kettle... I know) Particularly the thing with a team of maol and me really struck me as reaching. Maybe scum is a bit too much but definitely not a town read and it seems wrong to just put Sorian as a null when we have clashed. He is still someone I am reluctant to lynch today.

I have no comment on Terrabyte. He is a null. He voted Sorian very early. He hasn't done anything. His mild pushback on the TWE wagon is something that could be a scum looking for easy town points but it might just be feeling the net hasn't been cast wide enough. Although that is a tough stance to take for someone who is on the same participation level as TWE. They should just be thankful the vote didn't land on themselves.

nin is slowly trending down.

wee feels like other town wee games. I think they have been arguing with at least a bit of conviction. Although I might be pocketed.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not enjoying Terra's content. I usually don't care if you coast but if you're coasting then at least keep it 100 and don't just lob easy pitches.
So for now, I'm going to

VOTE: Faddy

His exchange with Sorian really rubbed me the wrong way. Like, I get it's day one, but he was really splitting hairs over Sorian's sarcastic (but admittedly fair) response.
His first real vote of the day seemed quite opportunistic when public opinion was rallying against Faddy.
Hey, is just me or has Blargonaut be uncharacteristically quiet? I don't think I've seen any post of his for a while.
Hey, does it bother anyone else that Aeleus was a big talking point for the day yet never got a single vote? Just a wired inconsistency I noticed going back over the thread.
The first problem I actually had with Terra was the second post above, where he started with 'Hey' and then directed the statement as a question. This is 1). How you fish for reactions to know if it's an avenue to jump in and start pulling threads and 2). An indication that he wants to move conversation without being the one to do the work. This is especially helpful for scum who don't want to stand out and lead wagons, by just asking innocent questions.

It makes me feel like Ael and Terra likely aren't W/W because that interjection was incredibly random.
I'm not a fan of this TWE train, it just screams taking out an easy target to me.
While that is true, more often then not it's scum who vote easy targets.
It runs me the wrong for sure, it feels very deflective with out giving good reasons to trust him.
And I believe this is self-evident, from the quick turn around from TWE being an easy vote to how he's untrustworthy when he re-appeared and scum read his defenders. That's whiplash. That's low hanging fruit. That's odd. It does make me wonder why TWE mentioned Chuggs' defense while ignoring Terra's?

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

Since I do not either would put saw in a town read aswell as sorian being a scum read.

Saw : my gut is telling me that she might be hiding something more sinister since she usually participates a lot more in the conversation yet at this stage she was just barely there not to push anyone.

Sorian: good feeling about his posts so far.

Since I can't weight in on myself I will weight in on terrabyte.

I know him from past games being more active aswell as also poking people and having a conversation. Like saw he seems to hide something

Might aswell but my vote down for today

Vote: Sawneeks

Usually you are in my eyes the one who pokes other players and keeps the conversation going when you are town. There is something off with your game and I think there is something.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not enjoying Terra's content. I usually don't care if you coast but if you're coasting then at least keep it 100 and don't just lob easy pitches.

His first real vote of the day seemed quite opportunistic when public opinion was rallying against Faddy.

The first problem I actually had with Terra was the second post above, where he started with 'Hey' and then directed the statement as a question. This is 1). How you fish for reactions to know if it's an avenue to jump in and start pulling threads and 2). An indication that he wants to move conversation without being the one to do the work. This is especially helpful for scum who don't want to stand out and lead wagons, by just asking innocent questions.

It makes me feel like Ael and Terra likely aren't W/W because that interjection was incredibly random.

And I believe this is self-evident, from the quick turn around from TWE being an easy vote to how he's untrustworthy when he re-appeared and scum read his defenders. That's whiplash. That's low hanging fruit. That's odd. It does make me wonder why TWE mentioned Chuggs' defense while ignoring Terra's?

Okay this might be some good shit

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
[...] Blarg is an option too, he's being even weirder and less helpful today than last game, but I'm sure he'd act like this regardless of alignment. I just don't like the noise.

No one else is really standing out to me looking at the roster. I wouldn't get rid of Sparks or nin today. The claim by Sparks and the weird suggestions from nin don't sound like scum play to me, they could be neutrals but eh, I'm not gonna pursue that thought much for a lunch option. [...]
So you'd off me because of "noise", but keep Sparks because of his "Role-claim"? lol "okay" Maol

Oct 25, 2017

Where did Tee Dub E mention me though.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
NOW. I'm not saying you do it. Because that would be sad. Simply, I think I'm looking at Chugg on this one. There's really no reason to defend anyone at this current stage of the game, and I'm definitely a person Scum wants to keep around through the end game because I'm an easy kill.
Where did Tee Dub E mention me though.
Oh Jesus I somehow missed the last 15 posts of the last page
Life is a hell of a drug.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
nin putting a plan on the table and not portioning out seconds is whatever. Nobody follows along with STRATEGIES in this community because you're all huge cowards who suspect any announced manoeuvres as scummy and so do not partake. Cowards

All of you

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
So you'd off me because of "noise", but keep Sparks because of his "Role-claim"? lol "okay" Maol
Uh, yeah, that about sums it up. I'm also annoyed by Spark's noise, but he did claim something weird and I don't see a scum Sparks doing that on D1. But go ahead and continue your aggression with me for having a mild opinion about you.

OP
OP
Fran

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
[She/Her] lokiduck|loki - UTC-8 has replaced Stuart444

Obviously, Loki won't receive a warning if she doesn't minimum activity

Ynnek7

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry to see Stu have to go, but welcome lokiduck!

Looks like we weren't stuck in that closet for too long, lol