Would it be possible that we could eventually see a Italy Pokemon Region?

• Yes

Votes: 306 68.0%
  • No

Votes: 40 8.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 104 23.1%

• Total voters

Delio

Oct 25, 2017
I could see Italy being the next region, honestly.

Really I think they have a pool of obvious options they're probably mulling over:
  • Italy
  • South Korea
  • Germany + Denmark
  • China
  • Spain
  • Brazil
  • California + Texas + Mexico (they'd basically pull a RDR)
  • Australia + New Zealand as a DLC island
  • Greece + Egypt (they'd fudge it a bit)
  • Okinawa Prefecture (probably the most unlikely unless they go all-in with seafaring)
For what it's worth, just because a region is obviously based on a real world location they don't necessarily have to draw attention to it. That only really started being a thing with Gen VI, from what I remember anyway. Then they can plausibly pull away from controversies. It's not like Galar referenced them leaving the PokéEU.

Man i'd love a large Texas based region. Ive been playing around making Fakemon for one for a while now and we have so many climates to play in and animals to draw from it would be great. ( Tho no big ice area)

Baby Bird

Nov 5, 2017
I think the next one is gonna be China (though Isle of Armor gave us a small taste of that). It has been a while since Pokemon last visited an Asian based region.

The other regions after that? I'm betting on Australia and/or Brazil. Both have great potential for regions, and Brazil does host the largest japanese community of japanese outside of Japan

Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Italy will probably happen before any south hemisphere country. Germany or Spain are also strong candidates i guess, maybe Russia or Greece? But Italy is one of the most likely for gen 9.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Due to their fondness for Kentucky Fried Chicken, the Japanese have decided to set the next Pokemon game in Kentucky.

Ottaro

Oct 25, 2017
Man i'd love a large Texas based region. Ive been playing around making Fakemon for one for a while now and we have so many climates to play in and animals to draw from it would be great. ( Tho no big ice area)
The panhandle gets a decent enough dusting of snow in the winter, we can pretend its an ice region lol

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Come on Canadian region. There will be a hockey pokemon, a poutine pokemon, a bagged milked pokemon, and one out of 8 towns will speak a different language for no real reason.

OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I think the next one is gonna be China (though Isle of Armor gave us a small taste of that). It has been a while since Pokemon last visited an Asian based region.

The other regions after that? I'm betting on Australia and/or Brazil. Both have great potential for regions, and Brazil does host the largest japanese community of japanese outside of Japan
The Isle of Armour thing might honestly be a tease for a potential China Reigon (though i am still reluctant to say for certain due to outside factors)

Malverde

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mexico would be awesome. So much wonderful stuff to pull from, plus a lot of it is easy to immediately see how it would translate.

Chichén Itzá - Obviously lots of inspiration to be found in the ancient ruins.
Chichen-Itza1.jpg

Cenote Dos Ojos - Underwater caves, what is not to love?
Mexico-Tulum-Cenote-Dos-Ojos-2.jpg

Plus shopping at a tianguis.
IMG_6065-M.jpg

Then you have all the Day of the Dead imagery, plus they could also do mummies from Guanajuato (are there mummy pokemon yet?). Lots of options for beaches, or they could be inspired and do lake Chapala. Mariachis, tacos, and sombreros are the other obligatory stereotypical additions. Plus all the cartels provide plenty of inspiration for the villains. :(

OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Mexico would be awesome. So much wonderful stuff to pull from, plus a lot of it is easy to immediately see how it would translate.

Chichén Itzá - Obviously lots of inspiration to be found in the ancient ruins.
Chichen-Itza1.jpg

Cenote Dos Ojos - Underwater caves, what is not to love?
Mexico-Tulum-Cenote-Dos-Ojos-2.jpg

Plus shopping at a tianguis.
IMG_6065-M.jpg

Then you have all the Day of the Dead imagery, plus they could also do mummies from Guanajuato (are there mummy pokemon yet?). Lots of options for beaches, or they could be inspired and do lake Chapala. Mariachis, tacos, and sombreros are the other obligatory stereotypical additions. Plus all the cartels provide plenty of inspiration for the villains. :(
Could definetly see it though i am not sure how visited Mexico is by Japan. A lot of the locations they have used are places visited often by Japanese Tourists

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
If they do Italy I think it wouldn't be the next one though since they just did another European Country. I'm hoping for Australia or Canada next

OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
If they do Italy I think it wouldn't be the next one though since they just did another European Country. I'm hoping for Australia or Canada next
Yeah. My guess is that it would be Gen 10. If we consider the US/Europe thing then it probalby be somewhere in the UK or related to the UK. It's possible we could go back to Asia though

OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017

This does make me think Brazil is very likely to happen someday

OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I'm expecting them to do Asia themed next, maybe China region.
I feel like China would be the obvious one considering PK Company has been trying hard to appeal to China through mobile efforts - plus China has A LOT of potential inspirations for Pokemon. I mean we can have a Firework Dragon

f85f31fe5bac0e9242121cf27b7f2cbd.jpg

China's history with Japan might cause GF to stay away from China though.

t67443

Oct 30, 2017
Italy, Australia, and Mexico all would be pretty interesting areas. Might even throw India and Morocco as areas that might be good as well.

I do want to point out people saying 5th Gen was America, it was only based on the New York City region. There are plenty more regions of the US that could still be used for another generation of Pokémon but I honestly don't see that happening any time soon.

Daccus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I do want to point out people saying 5th Gen was America, it was only based on the New York City region. There are plenty more regions of the US that could still be used for another generation of Pokémon but I honestly don't see that happening any time soon.

Alola was Hawaii.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
South America, South East Asia or Africa would be much better choices. If we're coming back to the US, the Southwest would be pretty cool as others mentioned. Utah and Arizona landscapes sometime feel like another world.

RobbRivers

Jan 3, 2018
Italy is a cool region, but Iberia (Spain+Portugal) would be cool too!

Mix of mountains, prairies, islands, volcanic islands, celtics, iberians, ancient rome, arab and lot's of culture mixes.

Great starters/unique pokemons:

Spanish Ibex (Leaf)
Iberian Bull (Fire)
Pilot whale (Water)
Iberian Lynx (Legendary)
Imperial eagle (Legendary)
Gigant lizard from "El hierro" Canary islands (Legendary)

Lammergeier
Iberian Wolf
Iberian Pig
Genet
Osprey (quebrantahuesos)
Iberian donkey (Psyquic)
Golden Eagle
Cantabrian brown bear (Oso pardo)
Iberian magpie as the common flying starter
Little owl
Eurasian beaver

etc.

Deleted member 5127

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One thing I did want to say was that, as a Londoner, I was VERY disappointed in their version of Britainia. It should have been so much better. Surprising when one of the lead artist was English. He should have done better imo.

The most hilarious part is walking through Wynden and barely seeing any NPC's, it didn't feel like it was based on London at all.

OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I feel like Gen 9 is going to involve a country/area that is extremely open allowing for for a more Open World Setting. Australia would make sense as well as Africa.

slothrop

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 28, 2019
USA
If course it'd be possible. Theyve already used France and the UK. I'm confused what about italy seems not possible that we might think it's ruled out?