• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
That's a weak list. EA games as a bonus on top of regular releases is pretty meh, but as a replacement they're terrible. Hope the second half of the month has something better lined up.

Ferdie

Jul 16, 2018
Meanwhile next-gen NBA 2K21 is still $70, lol.

I'll take what I can get, though.

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
Minecraft: The Mountain – Available now
Get your free Minecraft: The Mountain adventure map in the Minecraft Marketplace today. A thrilling adventure map inspired by the all-new novel from best-selling author Max Brooks. Explore the world featured in the book, complete games and challenges and unlock a surprise reward. The novel, Minecraft: The Mountain is available now!
TIL there are Minecraft novels.

ioriyagami

Oct 28, 2017
it's been a while since I cared about a new game announced for GamePass...oh well, I have about 100 hours ahead of me with DQXIS so hopefully something more interesting will come up before I am done with it...

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Sports eh? I was looking forward for something like Cybershadow again. Oh well.

dusan

Aug 2, 2020
I was almost about to bought FM21, holy shit awesome news! Squadrons is also great, I will absolutely play.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
As someone that every now and then gets the sports game itch but not enough to want to buy games, this is cool. In fact I've already put multiple hours into madden.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
You may not like the list of games but it's still a damn solid list....horrible trend/value shift? Lol hyperbolic much?
People dont realize that for gamepass to grow you need to cater to people also outside of the Era bubble.
And sport games are very big deal in that

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
Madden is so bad. I hadn't played one in ages, and I'm actively annoyed at some of the smaller changes to defensive options and how QBs will misfire mad yonder on even basic ass drag routes. Love when the receiver randomly decides to redirect his route, just so the corner they were clearly beating can now intercept the pass, even tho they had wide open field ahead of them and could have just ran the route as intended.

Fuck that game.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, amazing month. Will definitely try out Squadrons.

Deleted member 86306

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 20, 2020
You may not like the list of games but it's still a damn solid list....horrible trend/value shift? Lol hyperbolic much?
Well, I mean, 3 games are from EA. You can get that for way cheaper.
(One of those doesn't even arrive this month)
From the other 2 games one game seems to be listed twice and the other seems to be a last gen version. I don't know if I would call that a solid offering.

brain_stew

Oct 30, 2017
Football Manager is nice but padding out the lineup with EA Play when it's limited to Ultimate on console and there's still no date on it coming to PC is disappointing. All but one game being a sports titles isn't exactly great for variety either.

Game Pass is the primary way I consume games at this point, but that's one of the most sparse updates in a very long time.

MadeULook

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Washington State
Oh no, not Football Manager. Between that and Out of the Park Baseball I don't do anything productive with my life.

Guess I will also try Madden 21 out since I don't gotta pay for it now.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's fairly likely Bethesda titled are coming this month but can't be announced yet so hand wringing over this is probably premature.

Kida

Oct 27, 2017
Almost bought FM21 last week... This is a good lineup for me but I can understand being disappointed if you have no interest in sports games.

Just Great

Oct 25, 2017
SW Squadrons is a stellar game and this should boost the online population a bit too. Anybody sleeping on that is foolish.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's fairly likely Bethesda titled are coming this month but can't be announced yet so hand wringing over this is probably premature.

I could see that happening as well and if history has shown us anything it's that most Game Pass months end up being amazing, despite what the initial line-up might look like.

Still, these are mostly the same titles being added to the regular $5 EA Play subscription, so it's understandable people being disappointed, since Game Pass cost more.

iiicon

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Definitely curious enough to try Football Manager on a console. Already have a couple hundred hours of it on PC so I doubt I'll play much of it, but it's neat to have it there.

data

Oct 25, 2017
Shame, would've liked to try squadrons on PC.

Not a fan of sports games so this month isn't appealing

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Still have a substantial backlog to deal with. Will definitely check out Star Wars Squadrans.

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017

For someone that's only on PC gamepass it's pretty poor, even if Football Manager is solid. That was the only game added there for whatever reason.

I have always found Sports games as either you are in around release or not at all. With annual editions, it's hard to get invested when the next one is coming out in few months.

It's only the start of the month though, so I am not going crazy about it.