Who is Peter Parkers (Spider-Man) best romantic partner?

• Felicia Hardy (Black Cat)

Votes: 31 51.7%
  • Gwen Stacy (Vanilla version)

Votes: 19 31.7%
  • Carlie Cooper (Non Goblin version)

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Bobbi Morse (Mockingbird)

Votes: 4 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
JMS and Steve Epting have a new book out this week called Telepaths lol

telepaths-1-cover.jpg
There is some uncanny valley going on with this somehow.

Supaidaman

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Welcome or welcome back if you posted in the past! What are your favorite comics?

I feel like you need a friend in here that reads this manga. I believe Supaidaman can be that friend.
YES I AM

Lovely manga, the anime introduced me to it and it's a joy to read. Iruma and his friends are a treasure.

oh so you're telling me that Joe Bennett really fucking sucks huh

Jesus fucking christ. Reminder to never bother reading anything with this guy artwork ever again

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
oh so you're telling me that Joe Bennett really fucking sucks huh

See I was kinda hoping Immortal Hulk would be his last work at Marvel, then I'd be fine picking it back up, but nah guess that ain't happening now. Story's just unfinished forever for me.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
shacklesmcgee bringing us bad news. Cmx webstore is going away. As are Cmx only accounts.

www.comicsbeat.com

ComiXology announces new app, more integration with Amazon

Comixology is making some major changes, with an updated app, but further integration with Amazon's storefront.

"The bad news is that the existing Comixology site is going away, to be replaced by the Amazon storefront, which you can see right now. This is a major loss, as flawed as it is, the ComiXology site was tailored specifically to comics with previews and credits.

Many of the changes will requite users to integrate even more with Amazon, which some may be reluctant to do. You will now need to have an Amazon account to use ComiXology, and all purchases will go through the Amazon store."

Plasticine

Oct 25, 2017
Doom Patrol is the best. Have you ever read any Hellboy universe stuff? I'd imagine you'd really like BPRD by Arcudi. I feel like most of us who love Doom Patrol also love that.

I've read Hellboy, but never any of the universe stuff. I already have Baltimore from Comixology, so went ahead and added BPRD as well. Looking forward to checking it out!

The current Moon knight run is good, but it has only been 2 issues

I bought the first issue and was waiting until the second came out before I read it. I'm going to get to them this weekend.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Comixology going poof? Maybe Substack is really going to become the future of comics

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I ordered vol. 1 of Jujutsu Kaisen off of Amazon a few weeks back. It said shipping was estimated to be 1-2 months. No biggie. Got an e-mail the other day that my order was canceled because stock was unavailable. Okay....but I go back to check Amazon's listing, and they have it available to order and it'll be "in stock soon". So I reordered it. GAH!
Ah, another will soon know Messi's suffering.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean yeah this is a huge pisser for me. I interact with amazon as little as possible and now boom, all my comics are there and I gotta use it to keep reading and to keep the stuff I have.

They already were, I guess. "An amazon company" has always been there.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyway probably stupid question: do you buy digital comics through amazon now and read them on kindle or something? Is there no more site-specific comic reader?

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Anyway probably stupid question: do you buy digital comics through amazon now and read them on kindle or something? Is there no more site-specific app?
Maybe? I mean I know that there have always been issues with price discrepancies between the CMX app and website, and the kindle listings on Amazon. Like the X of Swords hardcover was $30 through CMX, but I got it through Amazon digitally for $16 and change. It's especially common with manga between the CMX app and website to see lower prices on the web site.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The app is going to continue. And get a big new update I guess.

The web storefront as a standalone is gone.
I don't use the phone app, just the site. Do I read digital comics on amazon now or do I buy them there, download them onto my computer, and read them using kindle?

Edit: oh god damn it I meant is the site specific reader gone.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
As long as Comixology, the website, doesnt go away. I dont see why they would want to get rid of it, looking for comics on Amazon's site is a chore lol. Weird.
EDIT: Oh god, it is going away lol. wtf Amazon

I hope the Devil's Reign event answers whats going on with Danny Rand or the Iron Fist.

shacklesmcgee

Oct 25, 2017
May 24, 2019
Anyway probably stupid question: do you buy digital comics through amazon now and read them on kindle or something? Is there no more site-specific comic reader?

The amazon page says something about a 'cloud reader' which I'm guessing is a browser reader.
yuViXfW.jpg

edit: Yup. Can't see how to make it single page or zoom, though.
Wkuaapb.jpg

My single issues aren't showing up there even though my accounts are linked. Just some random Marvel trades. Maybe they're the ones I bought on Amazon for those dollar sales.

Last edited:

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
God this sucks. It feels like it's going to be a huge pain in the ass to find indie comics or sift through sales.

Edit: how the hell do you find the stuff you want to read on amazon? I can't see shit.

Last edited:

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Yea, this is going to suck lol. They need to work on the Amazon store page a lot more to make it easier to use.

This is why digital comics suck. Im just going to go through CMX and download all the ones that are available to download and call it a day lol.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yea, this is going to suck lol. They need to work on the Amazon store page a lot more to make it easier to use.

This is why digital comics suck. Im just going to go through CMX and download all the ones that are available to download and call it a day lol.
God I've got like 800 books. Downloading them would take forever and if I did then that'd still be it, I couldn't follow anything new afterwards from there.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I escaped the comic shop with 200 bags and 200 boards for only $25. I was fearing prices would be worse because online prices and wait times for these things have been horrifying.

Needed to grab some stuff because I'm selling off thr last of my floppies soon, along with some statues and graphic novels I don't need anymore.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
The Amazon page says something about a 'cloud reader' which I'm guessing is a browser reader.
yuViXfW.jpg

edit: Yup. Can't see how to make it single page or zoom, though.
Wkuaapb.jpg
Wow.... VanWinkle may have to re-evaluate the winner of the "worst way to read comics" list. Substack had a narrow lead, but after this I don't know.
My single issues aren't showing up there even though my accounts are linked. Just some random Marvel trades. Maybe they're the ones I bought on Amazon for those dollar sales.
I've been having a weird issue in my kindle app lately, which I usually use for my nightly book reading. Not comic books, actual word books. If I borrow something new from CMX Unlimited that day, those are the only things that show up in my kindle library. I have to close the app and re-open it for all my books to appear.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You know what I'm just gonna let someone else figure this out for me.

I went on the amazon comic store for like five seconds and it's real fucky.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, the CMX app store isn't going to go away, right? I mean, if it is kudos to Amazon for finally enticing me to quit comics.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Friendship ended with Spider-Gwen. Mayday Parker is once again best Spider-Heroine.

shacklesmcgee

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, the CMX app store isn't going to go away, right? I mean, if it is kudos to Amazon for finally enticing me to quit comics.

The apps are staying/being updated, but the web store is being shuttered. I liked the web store better than the app when purchasing.

Oh shit, the comic backup script I use won't work anymore. Fuck, now I'm really pissed off

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
lmao and y'all were making fun of me for hoarding physical comics WELL WHO'S LAUGHING NOW

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
I've pretty much decided to stop buying singles for a while aside from finishing Spencer's ASM and Black Cat and this makes my decision way easier 😂

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Just got a massive DCBS shipment in. Feels like theres at least 3 months worth of stuff crammed in here. I need more shelf space or something.

Fuck CMX

KeithM

Jan 15, 2020
I've read Hellboy, but never any of the universe stuff. I already have Baltimore from Comixology, so went ahead and added BPRD as well. Looking forward to checking it out!
If you like Black Hammer and end up liking BPRD and Baltimore, I'd definitely recommend checking out Lobster Johnson. It's a goofy name but a great book.

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.