• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What tag should I choose?

• Harley Quinn Appreciator

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • I am leaving this community

Votes: 31 53.4%
  • Wilde for Cockburn

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Gothams finest eye inspector

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Comic books almost killed me

Votes: 13 22.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Tom Taylor's Nightwing is gonna be so wang. Trust me.
EmcEwYzUcAAxh8p

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Nimrod the Lesser is from further into the future than the traditional Nimrod that was once Bastion. Traditional Nimrod is from 25-30 years into the future, Lesser is centuries into the future. The difference in appearance is due to the refinement in technology. Nimrod in X-Men #20 is wreckage from the traditional Nimrods from the Second Coming crossover where San Francisco got flooded with Nimrod's with the X-Men trapped inside and the Avengers stuck outside.
Man, I love this shit. Are we ever gonna get back to the future setting? They really haven't revisited it since HoX/PoX ended.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Y The Last Man is one of those series where the premise makes me wary I'll read it and it will not hold up at all

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
So like, if they were to really collect the Future State stories by storyline, I would do it:

The Magistrate/Gotham:
Batman/Superman
Next Batman
Dark Detective
Harley Quinn
Catwoman
Nightwing
Robin Eternal
Outsiders
Grifters
Sirens
Batgirls
Arkham Knights
Red Hood

Metropolis/House of El/United Planets

Superman of Metropolis
Superwoman Kara-Zor El
Superman Worlds at War
House of El
Superman Versus Imperius Lex
Suicide Squad
Legion of Superheroes
Guardian
Black Racer
Midnighter
Mister Miracle

The Unkindness/Death of Magic/Titans:
The Flash
Teen Titans
Shazam
Black Adam
Justice League Dark

Wonder Woman:
Wonder Woman
Immortal Wonder Woman
Nubia
Swamp Thing

Justice League:
Justice League
Superman/Wonder Woman
Aquaman

Green Lantern:
Green Lantern (and all the backups)

I have no idea how they're actually collected though, but that's how I'd do it.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Kind of a light month for total pages, I think. Here's the wall of shame! Equilibrium has returned, and our former leader has retained dominance.
8CrC2n3.png
I'm back on top eh, in the thread of the month too!
Guess that makes me some sort of king, no....a God!

Last edited:

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I love this shit. Are we ever gonna get back to the future setting? They really haven't revisited it since HoX/PoX ended.
Probably. Some people think Rasputin is still alive and will drop in on the modern era due to black holes and space-time shit. And if that's the case, I'm sure flashbacks would be there.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
X of Swords is pretty cheap here for the page count. Thought I'd better catch up on the line before it comes out so bought X-Force vol 2, Cable vol 1, Hellions vol 1 and Wolverine vol 1. I know i'll enjoy Wolverine and X-Force so looking forward to reading the other two more. People seem to really like Hellions and I enjoy Duggans stuff so Cable should be fun.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
X of Swords is pretty cheap here for the page count. Thought I'd better catch up on the line before it comes out so bought X-Force vol 2, Cable vol 1, Hellions vol 1 and Wolverine vol 1. I know i'll enjoy Wolverine and X-Force so looking forward to reading the other two more. People seem to really like Hellions and I enjoy Duggans stuff so Cable should be fun.
Cable is super fun but Hellions is on another level.
One of the funniest books I've read in ages.
Its a gem in Marvel's current catalogue.
And like Mister Sinister, its should be protected at all costs.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Cable is super fun but Hellions is on another level.
One of the funniest books I've read in ages.
Its a gem in Marvel's current catalogue.
And like Mister Sinister, its should be protected at all costs.

Yeah the little Sinister has appeared in the other books has been fun so I'm loooking forward to seeing where he goes in Hellions.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Was Onslaught responsible for almost bankrupting Marvel in the 90s?

From all I've seen he seems like the epitome of 90s confusing, excess, nonsense.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Was Onslaught responsible for almost bankrupting Marvel in the 90s?

From all I've seen he seems like the epitome of 90s confusing, excess, nonsense.
Onslaught was probably the reason they didnt do big events like that again for years. But it was also an attempt to right the ship. They gave the Image people all the books of the "dead" heroes following the ending of Onslaught, trying to bring that Image magic to the heroes. Like Jim Lee's Fantastic Four, and Rob Liefeld's Cap. But that didnt work either lol.

X-Men-Onslaught-Tie-Ins.jpeg

So it wasnt responsible for the bankruptcy, but it was the final nail in the coffin for the tactics they were using in the 90s after the success of AoA.

Last edited:

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
So with Hickman tackling Scarlet Witch (...probably?) and Spencer tackling OMD, are there any major open wounds in comics that still need to be closed?

Just been thinking about bit controversial stories that still get people on their feelings today.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking about how Heroes in Crisis is probably the most hated big 2 story in years, and within a year they had a Wally West redemption tour and now Wally returning to the Flash mantle is their marketing line for Infinite Frontier Flash.

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
I was thinking about how Heroes in Crisis is probably the most hated big 2 story in years, and within a year they had a Wally West redemption tour and now Wally returning to the Flash mantle is their marketing line for Infinite Frontier Flash.
they made Wally the Jean Grey of the Flash family and y'all motherfuckers will complain until the day I die

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Emma Frost is straight up a better version of Jean Grey in every way.

Yeah I said it.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm already late to the new thread but I'm glad we got Thread of the Month for Jan. I campaigned!

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
So with Hickman tackling Scarlet Witch (...probably?) and Spencer tackling OMD, are there any major open wounds in comics that still need to be closed?

Just been thinking about bit controversial stories that still get people on their feelings today.

Jason Aaron is making some fresh deep wounds for writers to have to fix over the years.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
I liked them giving Jean big mom energy but there hasn't been enough consistency in the main book. Maybe once the new team gets set up?

smisk

Oct 27, 2017
Started reading Ultimate X-Men from the beginning. A little dated in some ways but I'm enjoying it. Kinda crazy that they have Magneto destroy the Capitol and White House then makes the president grovel in front of him naked on the white house lawn, just a few months before 9/11 lol. They don't name Bush, but it's clearly supposed to be him.
Definitely don't think they could've gotten away with it afterwards for awhile.

Neo Hartless

Jan 8, 2019
I like Emma, but I kinda liked her more in the early 2000s when she was more of a bitch.

That's the problem with redeeming villains, if you're not careful you run the risk of making them lose their edge as a character.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
COMICS!!! |OT| April 2021 | The best thing Jean ever did was die.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017

Where might I find these rumblings about Hickman handling Scarlet Witch?

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
There's a really good interview with Spurrier about Way of X on AIPT and man it sounds like my dream book. Totally focused on critiquing Krakoan culture and analyzing it from a variety of viewpoints with Kurt at the center. An example he gave was if stealing exists in a land where everyone has everything, or where the boomer X-Men still reflect a lot of "human" culture and are slow to change versus the youth who embrace it and might even be taking it too far.

Also for the degenerates he confirms it will be the book that looks at the Krakoan views and realities on sex and "make more mutants". So you can finally find out if the orgies are real or just a meme.

Where might I find these rumblings about Hickman handling Scarlet Witch?

It's more about it clearly being set up as a plot point in the X-books. And even addressed directly in the Empyre tie-ins.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
It still could be honestly. If not where was she during future state. Wait was Joker not in any future state issues either?
Nope.
It was one of the best stand-alones for Future State besides probably Swamp Thing.
Easily
I liked them giving Jean big mom energy but there hasn't been enough consistency in the main book. Maybe once the new team gets set up?
She's had that energy since Morrison's New X-Men. It's just that she died for 15+ years.
Ah ok. I was just worried I had missed an interview or something.
Oh no we're far too sophisticated for things like "sources" around here.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Jean is like Barry Allen. She's was way more interesting when dead.
Although Barry is still more boring.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Great news for Vault! And a potentially significant move for the comics industry in general...

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
I don't love Jean, but I don't prefer her being gone either.

But if her dying brings back the Phoenix costume yes let her die

Status
Not open for further replies.