• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Cheung going DC "exclusive" was such a joke though lol. Hes done like 2 issues worth of content since then, maybe 3 when you add up all of his partial issues. Sense then hes been a cover artist only. A great one, but man do I miss his interior work. Someone give him a book like 3 Jokers thatll be out in like 2 years from now lol.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Remember when Mark Waid wrote a really dull Avengers series a couple years ago? Remember when he collaborated with Al Ewing on No Surrender and No Road Home?

Yeah. Empyre gonna be real good.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Man, y'all making me hyped for Empyre.

Maybe I'll do a Young Avengers binge... Heinberg, Gillen & Ewing New Avengers sounds about right.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
People might not be hyped for Empyre yet, but a big part of that is that there hasnt been anything to read in the run up currently other than the marketing. The concept was enough to sell me on it, along with having Al Ewing leading the helm.

I like NRH a lot more than NS, personally. But they were both far better than I expected.
I still havent read No Road Home yet, so I didnt want to comment on it, but I have heard great things about it as well.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think Christian's saying that despite a dull solo-written Waid book when he teamed up with Ewing the shit slapped

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
They picked a hell of a year to start ramping up MCU stuff
Yea im super bummed about Falcon and Winter Soldier. It seems like they are trying to not have to delay Black Widow unless it becomes untenable to release it.

Just hope Westworld and Billions was finished enough to not get part of the season cut off.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
Cheung going DC "exclusive" was such a joke though lol. Hes done like 2 issues worth of content since then, maybe 3 when you add up all of his partial issues. Sense then hes been a cover artist only. A great one, but man do I miss his interior work. Someone give him a book like 3 Jokers thatll be out in like 2 years from now lol.
yeah no one should trust Cheung to be regular on anything. He's been one of my favorites since the OG young avengers though. Just realistically he's never going to do more than a few issues now.
Man, y'all making me hyped for Empyre.

Maybe I'll do a Young Avengers binge... Heinberg, Gillen & Ewing New Avengers sounds about right.
I think I feel the same? No Surrender and No Road Home were amazing. The thought of that with YA characters im definitely interested. And it's because of the Heinberg books that I fell in love with YA even if the Gillen stuff is definitely better.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Read the first issue of The Walking Dead, now how do I get my LCS to order the first printing of every issue?

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone read that TKO Lemire book? Think it was called Sentient. Havent heard a peep from them after that lol. I dont think they are long for this world.

EDIT: Is the kid from Descender in Ascender? I know some characters show up, but I havent seen the main character from Descender in any of the previews. Tim I think was his name.

Last edited:

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
There was that Lemire-Walta book everyone was like this was good and TKO since then got lost in the blur of indies.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I find it weird that TKO still doesn't have any books on IST.

Also, Seven Seas doesn't either. I wish they did 'cus I always have to buy The Girl From the Other Side on Amazon or somewhere else.

[edit]

Seven Seas Entertainment Trade Paperbacks - InStockTrades

Seven Seas Entertainment Trade Paperbacks (TP) InStockTrades

Oh wait, they do have Seven Seas stuff but just not The Girl From the Other Side. They don't have a lot of stuff from them so maybe they just stopped getting their books.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
New Mutants #9, something bugs me:

So Cyclops should be able to put two and two together. He accepts Magik's argument that no man was killed by mutant, but he's aware of Maxime and Manon's abilities, yes? Plus, is it not suspicious that terrorist drug dealers would take them hostage, and then one would kill the others and then himself? Is that not classifed as "Mutant Killing Man," and therefore violation of mutant law?

Cyke, bruh

Sunstone Vol 1

Death Vigil Vol 1
Okay so when's DV vol 2 supposed to come out? Seriously.
Was it Zub or Walker who was the third man? I know Zub/Ewing mostly did No Road Home.
No Surrender was folding in all the Avengers books, including Champions and Ultimates at the time and resetting that line. So all the writers of those books were the ones doing it.

Waid - Avengers/Champions
Ewing - U.S.Avengers/Ultimates2
Zub - Uncanny Avengers

No Road Home had the same squad.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
They are a newer indie publisher that wait until 6 issues are done before releasing them. They do a graphic novel, all 6 issues, and a pdf version all released at the same time. Like the Netflix model for comics. It was actually founded by one of the writers on Gotham lol.

Their biggest book was SARA by Ennis and Epting about a WW2 female Russian Sniper that was really good. (But it was colored by Breitweiser)

They also release all of the first issues to read for free.

Last edited:

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Second DLX for Criminal down. Did I mention Criminal is brilliant? Let me reiterate how brilliant it is. I talked yesterday about how the art of Criminal is in its characters, but for the second DLX I want to talk about its more visceral qualities. Criminal can just be incredibly violent and sexy at times. It can go hot and cold from page to page.

All three of the main characters in DLX vol. 2 are driven to violence through sexual desire. Jacob and the redhead, Tracy and the boss' wife, Riley and the girl next door. And the book does a great job of distinguishing what's appropriate to portray as sexy vs. genuinely awful. Sexy, consensual encounters get page space while anything else is mentioned in reference or illuded to through more subtle panels. It's pulpy and dirty and fun.

And like the rest of the story, it all makes you question whether it's appropriate to think it's right or wrong. It makes you question whose feelings are real or not, or whether that even matters. Layers of gray blah blah. All I know is I love every turn of the page.

I gotta add that I think it's funny that Tracy, maybe the first guy where the story paints him to be a good dude doing everything he can to make the lives better of people he knows are deserving, ultimately gets tossed out of the story because war is a simpler and more appropriate place for his values and worldviews. Meanwhile Richy, who is a genuine piece of human garbage, is the one that finds comfort and normalcy in the whole nightmare because they lied and murdered their way through everything that stood in their way. It's criminal, I tell ya. Criminal.

edit: backlog RNG picked Gaiman's The Graveyard Book graphic novel adaptation.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
So Cable #1 reintroduces something we haven't seen since like X-Men #3/#4 (I forget which)

Arakko is referred to as "the bad place," where young mutants are expressly forbidden to go to, and Fauna is the mutant Jean brought to Krakoa in the first issue of House of X

Also of course Hickman has to reference his Avengers with the Builders

Last edited:
OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
New Mutants #9, something bugs me:

So Cyclops should be able to put two and two together. He accepts Magik's argument that no man was killed by mutant, but he's aware of Maxime and Manon's abilities, yes? Plus, is it not suspicious that terrorist drug dealers would take them hostage, and then one would kill the others and then himself? Is that not classifed as "Mutant Killing Man," and therefore violation of mutant law?

Cyke, bruh

Okay so when's DV vol 2 supposed to come out? Seriously.

No Surrender was folding in all the Avengers books, including Champions and Ultimates at the time and resetting that line. So all the writers of those books were the ones doing it.

Waid - Avengers/Champions
Ewing - U.S.Avengers/Ultimates2
Zub - Uncanny Avengers

No Road Home had the same squad.

He's literally just finished the second set of pages on patreon. If your waiting for it it's gonna be a year plus. He's only doing it bi monthly as people voted to have Fine Print every other month. Plus with Isley coming it's gonna put all the patreon books outside of Sunstone on hold for 4 months while he works on it.

Sunstone is the only book he works on monthly.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
I was happy to read Snotgirl again... But then it ended with a nice message saying it's going on hiatus again sigh

I really enjoy this comic and I really don't mind delays because well, creators are people, but it was a real gut punch

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Sooooo

Arrowette's back

I don't know how I feel about that
He's literally just finished the second set of pages on patreon. If your waiting for it it's gonna be a year plus. He's only doing it bi monthly as people voted to have Fine Print every other month. Plus with Isley coming it's gonna put all the patreon books outside of Sunstone on hold for 4 months while he works on it.

Sunstone is the only book he works on monthly.
That's a huge bummer, but as long as he's working on it then I'm good

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
I was happy to read Snotgirl again... But then it ended with a nice message saying it's going on hiatus again sigh

I really enjoy this comic and I really don't mind delays because well, creators are people, but it was a real gut punch

Shonen Jumps creators are robots. I'm convinced...

Sagas hiatus was the mother of all gut punches

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
89580853_2610001819276986_7389877015320461312_o.jpg

Yooooooo

Also they are doing Arkham Harley

Status
Not open for further replies.