• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not binge-reading anything, so I've amassed a lot of first volumes. MHA, Dr. Stone, Komi Can't Communicate, Emma, Way of the House Husband, My Androgynous Boyfriend, My Dress-Up Darling, A Man and his Cat, Plus-Sized Elf, My Solo Exchange Diary, Don't Mess with Me, Miss Nagatoro. Probably other stuff I'm forgetting, because my wife got into some of it and has it at work.

I've watched all of the Kakegurui and Citrus animes, caught up on Demon Slayer, and watched the rest of what I hadn't seen of Violet Evergarden.
yo! your wife got into it too? that's awesome. not something that likely would have happened reading maximum carnage. my lesbian experience with loneliness cut me real deep and the solo exchange diary is a great continuation. which of your first volumes is your favorite so far?

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I wish more manga was released in hardcover format here.
I've largely switched to digital for manga. People complain about the digital manga readers with the Viz and CMX apps but I don't have any issues with them at all. The only manga I still buy physical are the ones I already have the rest of the series in that format.
I'm not binge-reading anything, so I've amassed a lot of first volumes. MHA, Dr. Stone, Komi Can't Communicate, Emma, Way of the House Husband, My Androgynous Boyfriend, My Dress-Up Darling, A Man and his Cat, Plus-Sized Elf, My Solo Exchange Diary, Don't Mess with Me, Miss Nagatoro. Probably other stuff I'm forgetting, because my wife got into some of it and has it at work.
The Emma books are omnibus volumes. The original series was 10 volumes, but the US release is 5 omni books.

Deleted member 64377

user requested account closure
Banned
Mar 8, 2020
Who did this to you?
uHMszJx.jpg

Deleted member 64377

user requested account closure
Banned
Mar 8, 2020
yo! your wife got into it too? that's awesome. not something that likely would have happened reading maximum carnage. my lesbian experience with loneliness cut me real deep and the solo exchange diary is a great continuation. which of your first volumes is your favorite so far?
We've both always had weeb in our blood. It comes in different forms. We both grew up on Japanese video games, just not always the same ones. She's a JRPG super-fan. There are several we both love, but she never stopped being into them hardcore, so she's played all kinds of weirdo games. And it's all anime as hell. She's seen a handful of anime series I've never seen too.

I don't think she's getting into manga the same way I am, she just approaches it like she does my American comics. If something catches her eye, she'll read it, but she's also fine reading nothing at all for long stretches.

I haven't read everything I've picked up yet, but Komi Can't Communicate and Way of the Househusband are so charming.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still need to start reading my 20th Century Boys collections. I've got four of them now.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My Downfall manga also came in today but I'm scared to start that one.

I'm not sure I'm emotionally prepared.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Read Flash #751 and Paradox is clearly a Wally West fan.

straight up telling Barry he hasn't done shit since he came back from death and should have stayed dead lolololol

Deleted member 19813

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What? Did we know Mike Allred had a new Dark Horse comic coming out next week?
previewsworld.com

X-RAY ROBOT #1 (OF 4) CVR A ALLRED (JAN200303)

Max is a family man seeking a more interesting life. While conducting a new experiment at work, the fabric of his reality is torn before his eyes, and a robotic figure appears, claiming to be his 277-year-old self. The robot is able to "X-Ray" multiple dimensions and battles a nihilistic entity...

Wow.

Anyway, do you lovelies still buy floppies?

Status
Not open for further replies.